View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:24 AM
VidDuality
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Welcome here too, Krystal! Would you like to be added to the supporter list BTW?
Thanks, and yes please!

And I'm curious what your perspective is on Octavia (even negative), too. One thing I've found on this show is that any characters you choose to like... you almost just have to like them through sheer force of will, because they're all kind of terrible at times.

But for the longest time Octavia felt like sort of the moral compass of the show (well, really Lincoln was, but she strived to be like Lincoln, so both of them). Then season 5 came along and she went full Morgana (can't resist a Merlin comparison... that was another character who was awesome and righteous... until OMG she suddenly wasn't). XD Oftentimes I find the villains of a show more intriguing than the heroes anyway, so my appreciation for her just morphed into a different kind of morbid fascination of her descent into almost madness. For someone who kind of was THE antagonist of the season though, they really make sure you understand exactly where she's coming from, even when she seems absolutely crazy to those who can't look into her past to see what made her that way.

Also, this show is never afraid to redeem the unredeemable, so I have hope that she can find a way to make amends with what she's been turned into. Maybe?