View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 06:48 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Welcome here too, Krystal! Would you like to be added to the supporter list BTW?

To be honest, I have issues with how Octavia is portrayed sometimes though I symphatise with her at times too (especially when it comes to her messed up childhood under the floor) but I do agree with you here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidDuality (View Post)

Where other characters have had decades to decide the kind of person they wanted to be (not that they always made the choices they wished they could), in many ways her life was still *just* getting started.. so once they handed her power and showed her what needed to be done, she molded almost immediately into exactly the kind of terrifying leader that could ensure their survial up to and through The Dark Year. And by the time her personality finally "set," it was everything they needed in a leader while trapped underground... and nothing they needed once they finally came back up to the surface.
She was who they needed to be, during the Dark Year and all the bunker years ... unfortunately, she sacrificed some of her humanity to be that person. I do still have hope for Octavia, that she can find redemption after this. I just hope that it's done in a satisfactory manner.

soljae ♥
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit