Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I remember claiming the Rorschach/Bellarke thing in the keepers thread on the other board because I find it really fascinating and unique.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-16-2019, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do, too. I mean, Jason is still playing it safe by saying that but hey, I'll take it for now.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-16-2019, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

https://clarkegriffinblake.tumblr.co...ive-not-clarke
Old 06-16-2019, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love Selina's review.

Quoted my absolute favourite bits:

This part reminds me of (again) my movie/book OTP, Peeta/Katniss when she comes to the realisation that she canonically loves him. "I realise that only one person would be damaged beyond repair if Peeta died: me."

Quote:
Seriously though. Poor Bellamy. It really is like that time jump never happened, because here he is again: mourning a not-actually-dead Clarke. Emotionally and physically separated from Octavia. Losing members of the hundred, his hundred, left and right. Still haunted by all the same ghosts, and more keep coming. Devastation upon devastation. “I left her behind, and we all die anyway,” ad infinitum.

For a moment in this episode, he fights, and the rage is so refreshing, because how long has it been since Bellamy has actually had the energy to really rage about anything? The visceral gut reaction to the loss of Clarke is so different from the control Bellamy has taught himself to exercise over the past few seasons, this very ‘conceal don’t feel’ leadership style where he has learned to think before he acts (because Clarke told him to) and internalize his grief and frustration.

Bellamy has suffered and lost more than a lot of other characters on this show, but it’s almost like he has become resigned to it; he fights so that others may have a better life, but somewhere along the way, he stopped fighting for his own life and happiness. (Much like Clarke did.)

One of the reasons his initial reaction to Clarke’s death is so viscerally satisfying to me is that yes, of course it’s a recognition of how much it hurts to lose Clarke, but it’s also a recognition that he personally has lost something: the Primes have taken something from him; it’s a member of his family they have murdered and his need for revenge for his one overpowers all controlled consideration for the many.
Quote:
In losing Clarke all over again, Bellamy has reached his lowest, darkest point. This is it, right here, on that bench. This moment has been building for five seasons and it hurts to reach it with him, because we know him and we feel his pain with him. It’s excellent character work by Bob Morley and the writing staff. But it’s also enough. I’m ready for Bellamy to start his ascent now.

His obvious trigger would be finding out Clarke is alive, picking up the fight for her and ultimately getting her back. It’s the big win he needs, and he couldn’t really have gotten it before now — one of his biggest regrets is thinking she died and leaving her behind; now, he gets a literal do-over of that decision, which will make him realize that Monty really did give him a second chance at life and family and responsibility.
And this LAST ONE (I hollered) :

Quote:
PPPS. You know what? Just give Bellamy and Clarke a farm somewhere and let them raise Bryan’s chickens. Those disaster magnets are miserable without each other.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-16-2019, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Selina’s review was really good. Tbh, I only read the Bellarke/Bellamy parts because it was so long, but I really loved what she said.
ICON
Old 06-16-2019, 07:28 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Selina’s review was really good. Tbh, I only read the Bellarke/Bellamy parts because it was so long, but I really loved what she said.
What she says about the show's approach to memories, perception, identity is quite good too.
I love her reviews, once I even thought about translating them (with credit ofc) and some other reviewer's work, but can't find the time for that, and not sure I could do it legally.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What language do you speak, Kriza? I forget if you told us.

Becks, I don’t think you claimed that.i have no memory of ever typing out that R word.
ICON
Old 06-16-2019, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I zoomed into the Bellarke/Bellamy bits but I intend to read the whole thing soon.

Basically us when 6X06 aired:

Quote:
Bellamy would rather die than live without Clarke.

X

Kriza, maybe try reaching out to Selina on Twitter on that? I feel like it'll be fine as long as she's aware and you're giving credit, since you are boosting the article as well.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-16-2019, 08:11 AM
New Fan

Quote:
What language do you speak, Kriza? I forget if you told us.
Hungarian Yep, if I find the time to do it, I'll definitely contact Selina and ask for permission.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

Read the whole thing, April
It's really worth it!

I love that she also draws on big themes and looks at overall arc of a season and the show as a whole and places her analysis in great context

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 06-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

DP. is going very slowly for me right now.
ICON
Old 06-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And do you live in Hungary or someone else? (Sorry if I sound nosy. I just like getting to know people here. )

Hey, Becks, could we put the stars back in the thread title? I’m quite attached to them, and they always help me locate this thread. Not that it’s ever that hard to locate a thread that’s a mainstay of page one, but you know.

ETA: That was Sarah, Kate. But I see why are icons make it easy to confuse us. Actually, I only read the Bellarke/Bellamy pieces, too, though.
ICON
Old 06-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

this is you ^?

Old 06-16-2019, 10:22 AM
New Fan

Yes, I live in Hungary. I thought to translate reviews as a language practice and to share them with my friends or other fans. But I doubt that I would ever have enough time for that.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Kriza, you could do google translate and just fix the translation errors? That would be quicker I assume? I've done that a couple of times in the past for speed's sake. Not with Hungarian though LOL