Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

I saw an old Xena episode with Charles on TV yesterday. Whenever I watch an episode of that show now, I am a bit taken aback by how campy it really is. It's all in good fun, though.

Syfy network has announced an official series premiere date for Laura's new show Bitten:

Quote:
SYFY’S JANUARY 2014 PREMIERE SCHEDULE (All Times ET/PT)

SERIES PREMIERES

BITTEN MONDAY, JANUARY 13 AT 10PM

Based on the New York Times best-selling Women of the Otherworld novels by Kelley Armstrong, the 13-episode Bitten is an emotionally charged supernatural thriller starring Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, Ted) as Elena Michaels, the lone female werewolf in existence.

Desperate to escape both a world she never wanted to be part of and the man who turned her into a werewolf, Elena (Vandervoort) has abandoned her Pack and taken refuge in a new city. There, she works as a photographer and hides her werewolf existence from her new boyfriend. When bodies start turning up in her Pack’s backyard, Elena finds herself back at Stonehaven, the werewolves’ ancestral domain. Torn between two worlds and two loves, she quickly realizes that – when push comes to shove – she’ll stop at nothing to defend her Pack.

Bitten also stars Greg Bryk (A History of Violence) as werewolf Pack “Alpha” Jeremy Danvers, Greyston Holt (Alcatraz) as Elena’s werewolf ex-boyfriend Clayton Danvers, and Paul Greene (The Client List) as Elena’s current beau, Philip McAdams.

Bitten is produced by No Equal Entertainment, Hoodwink Entertainment, and eOne in association with Space and Bell Media, with the participation of Rogers Cable Network Fund and Cogeco Program Development Fund and the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit. Executive producers include J.B. Sugar for No Equal Entertainment, Patrick Banister and John Barbisan for Hoodwink Entertainment and Tecca Crosby, John Morayniss, and Margaret O’Brien for eOne. Daegan Fryklind and Grant Rosenberg are Executive Producers and co-showrunners.

Source

They have also released some new promo pictures:

Quote:
Old 12-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the latest!
That's a great photoshoot - I can't remember if I had seen Laura wear green before.

I used to watch Xena (but out of order episodes, because I mostly caught it via reruns on Italian tv, and they had no respect for serialized shows here years ago) and also some Hercules. The campiness was GLORIOUS.
Xena had a lot of charming characters, though, and some of the gags were actually funny.
I have no memories of Charles in it, though. I don't know if it's because I missed his episodes, or I saw him and completely ignored him.

Are you going to watch Bitten as soon as it premieres or wait for some reactions/reviews first?

Also - the protagonist's ex boyfriend, the aggressive one who turned her without her consent, had to be the hot one in the triangle. Damn it.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I have no memories of Charles in it, though. I don't know if it's because I missed his episodes, or I saw him and completely ignored him.
You probably just missed him. He appeared in 7 out of a 130+ episodes. You really need a lot of luck to catch an episode that has him in it.

Quote:
Are you going to watch Bitten as soon as it premieres or wait for some reactions/reviews first?
I haven't decided yet. Maybe I'm going to wait until the first season has finished airing and then binge-watch the whole thing in a day or two.

Quote:
Also - the protagonist's ex boyfriend, the aggressive one who turned her without her consent, had to be the hot one in the triangle. Damn it.
Too true.

Mark is going to star in a new play alongside Taraji P. Henson:

Quote:
Taraji P. Henson to star in Pasadena Playhouse's 'Above the Fold'

The Pasadena Playhouse announced Thursday that Academy Award nominee Taraji P. Henson (“The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”) will star in the world premiere of “Above the Fold.”

Written by former New York Times correspondent Bernard Weinraub, "Above the Fold" is set in a journalism world in transition, amid a shift from print to digital storytelling.

Jane, the character to be played by Henson, is an African American newspaper reporter covering three white fraternity boys accused of raping an African American woman at a Southern university. Steven Robman will direct the production.

Until her character's death in an episode last month, Henson was in the cast of the hit CBS series "Person of Interest."

"I am tremendously excited about mounting the first production of this play, which we developed in our Hothouse series,” said Sheldon Epps, the Pasadena Playhouse's artistic director. “Bernie writes of a world that he knows very well, so it provides a fascinating insider's look at the intricacies and the sometimes dangerous aspects of the world of journalism."

Weinraub covered Hollywood for the Times in the 1990s, and is married to Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures.

Other cast members include Kristi Johnson, Arye Gross, Kris Higgins, Mark Hildreth, Joe Massingill and Seamus Mulcahy.

“Above The Fold” is scheduled to run from Jan. 28 through Feb. 23.

Source
Old 01-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Morena - NET A PORTER photoshoot

Cover Story | Drama Queens | Magazine | NET-A-PORTER.COM

she is SO GORGEOUS, it's insane
I hope she finds a better role now that she is not anymore in Homeland
Old 01-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for bringing those pictures over here Judith. Morena looks gorgeous as usual. You wouldn't be able to tell that she gave birth to a baby just a couple of months ago.

Some good and some bad news on the "V" cast front. Killer Women (Michael Trucco's new show) was expectedly dead on arrival. The series premiere only scored a 0.9 in the A18-49 demo and 3.96 million total viewers. I know they have only filmed 8 episodes, but with ratings this bad, I'm not sure if ABC is even going to bother airing all of them.

And now the good news. Morris is nominated for 2 NAACP Image Awards:

Quote:
Congrats to him.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the news and the gorgeous pics of Morena, Alex and Judith!

I watched the pilots of both Killer Women and Bitten.

Starting with KW: the good news is that the episode wasn't as bad as I expected it to be after seeing the trailer. The music still made me cringe, but by the end of the episode I kind of understood why it was there..? The bad news is that even though it wasn't as tragic as I expected, it doesn't mean it was good TV.
Another positive thing is that Tricia and Marc Blucas made a nice team on screen, imo, and I'm not even a fan of his. (I watched this show after the pilot of Intelligence, which bored me to tears, and at least Molly/Dan didn't feel showed down my throat the way Riley/Gabriel was)
But the show tries to mix a crime show with... a soap opera? And it just doesn't work, in some moments it comes off as completely ridiculous, even if the actors all give decent performances.
(Michael Trucco only had a couple of brief scenes.)

Bitten had 15 atrocious first minutes (in which it seemed everyone only thought about two things: get laid, and eat), but it improved around the middle of the episode. Still, lots and lots of clichés.
Hot beardy guy came off pretty stale in the first episode, but he and Elena only spent a few seconds together so impossible to judge their chemistry/dynamic. Her human boyfriend is super nice, so nice that it can only mean he will eventually die or have something terrible happen to him , or she'll break up with him over her ex. But I guess he's there to stick around for a while - the pilot introduced his sister as Elena's best friend, and we also meet his mother and other sister.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen the Bitten pilot yet, but I did see the one for Killer Women. It wasn't the worst thing I have ever watched, but it wasn't any good either. I thought it was incredibly cheesy, poorly plotted and the acting didn't really impress me either. And yeah, Michael Trucco only appeared for like 30 seconds. I still believe this show was only picked up to series because Sofia Vergara is one of the producers.

The ratings for the second episode were even worse than for the premiere, but Paul Lee said at the TCA's that they'll keep airing Killer Women until February 25th, so it looks like they are going to show 7 of the 8 completed episodes at least.

Morena was a guest on Craig Ferguson yesterday:

And Morris scored 2 ABFF Hollywood Awards nominations:

Quote:
BEST ACTOR

Morris Chestnut – The Best Man Holiday

Chiwetel Ejiofor – 12 Years A Slave

Idris Elba – Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom

Michael B. Jordan – Fruitvale Station

Forest Whitaker – Lee Daniels’ The Butler

BEST ENSEMBLE CAST

Baggage Claim

Black Nativity

Fast & Furious 6

Lee Daniels’ The Butler

The Best Man Holiday

Source
Congrats to him.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I haven't seen the Bitten pilot yet, but I did see the one for Killer Women. It wasn't the worst thing I have ever watched, but it wasn't any good either. I thought it was incredibly cheesy, poorly plotted and the acting didn't really impress me either. And yeah, Michael Trucco only appeared for like 30 seconds. I still believe this show was only picked up to series because Sofia Vergara is one of the producers.

The ratings for the second episode were even worse than for the premiere, but Paul Lee said at the TCA's that they'll keep airing Killer Women until February 25th, so it looks like they are going to show 7 of the 8 completed episodes at least.
I really wish Tricia got better stuff, but it's not easy to score a lead role so I understand why she wouldn't pass on this. And like you said, it wasn't as tragic as the trailer suggested.
I don't know if the weird concept of the show could've worked with a great execution, but it sure was a hard sell to begin with.

Thanks for the clip and congrats to Morrins on the nominations!
I'll check Morena on Ferguson tomorrow, I'm listening to something else at the moment.

A couple of pics of her at the SAGs yesterday night:

via zimbio.com
Old 01-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I really wish Tricia got better stuff, but it's not easy to score a lead role so I understand why she wouldn't pass on this. And like you said, it wasn't as tragic as the trailer suggested. I don't know if the weird concept of the show could've worked with a great execution, but it sure was a hard sell to begin with.
I don't blame her either. You're right. It's hard to score lead roles - especially in this day and age where more and more movie actors are making the move to television and end up snatching all the good roles away.

I feel sorry for Michael and Tricia that Killer Women was such a failure, but the good thing is that they should be free to audition for new projects soon - be it pilots or other things.

Quote:
A couple of pics of her at the SAGs yesterday night:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yoIPmv5.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/R6GK1WP.jpg[IMG]

via zimbio.com
Thanks for the pictures. Morena looks absolutely stunning and the dress looks pretty too, IMO.

Morena has recently done some voice work for the DC animated movie Son of Batman:

Quote:
First Look: It's Father's Day for the Dark Knight in Son of Batman

Batman turns 75 this year and he's celebrating by becoming a father. The upcoming animated movie Son of Batman introduces Damian, the child Bruce Wayne never knew he had. The story is based on a 2006 comic-book arc written by Grant Morrison in which Batman learns that he has a violent, unruly pre-teen son, secretly raised by the terrorist group the League of Assassins.

The voice cast features Jason O'Mara as Batman/Bruce Wayne; Stuart Allan as Damian; Morena Baccarin as Talia, Damian's mother; Giancarlo Esposito as Ra's Al Ghul, leader of the League of Assassins and one of Batman's most notorious enemies; David McCallum as butler Alfred Pennyworth; Xander Berkeley as Kirk Langstrom (aka Man-Bat); and Thomas Gibson plays the master assassin Deathstroke.

This will be O'Mara's second time voicing the Dark Knight. He also stars in Justice League: War, which is out Feb. 4. Both movies are part of Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment's popular series of animated superhero features.

Son of Batman comes out late this spring on DVD, Blu-ray and for digital download. The movie will have its world premiere at WonderCon over Easter weekend in Anaheim, Calif.

Check out this exclusive first look at the trailer for Son of Batman:

Source
Old 01-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Elite Fan

Some Charles Mesure news:

Quote:
It's nice to see him working again. I'm curious about the cool show he's filming in Vancouver. It could be Arrow, Supernatural, Falling Skies, Continuum, The Tomorrow People, Wayward Pines, Gracepoint or Once Upon A Time.

And Laura is currently filming a new movie called "Coffee Shop" in Alabama. Here's a short synopsis and cast info:

Quote:
The Movie tells the story of Donavan Turner, an attractive, intelligent woman in her late 20's who once had it all -- a successful coffee shop in a quaint, beautiful beach town, a perfect boyfriend with "happily ever after" on the horizon, and a host of quirky friends to fill her life with laughter and fun. When it all begins to unravel and she is thrust back into the dating world while her coffee shop sits on the edge of ruin, an unexpected new love interest (BEN) forces her to come face to face with the truth that her identity and value is not defined by what she can accomplish alone, but instead, in accepting who she was made to be and what she and her community can accomplish together.

Cast: Jon Lovitz, Kevin Sorbo, Rachel Hendrix, Laura Vandervoort, Jason Burkey, Corey Grant, Josh Ventura, Gabriela Lopez and Montrel Miller.

Director: Dave Johnson

Source
Old 02-04-2014, 03:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Cool to see Charles back on TV.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Nothing has been officially confirmed yet, but there are lots of rumors floating around that Charles is playing Hook's father on Once Upon A Time. He does bear a strong resemblance to the actor who plays Captain Hook, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

Laura covers the March issue of Maxim Magazine:

Old 02-20-2014, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

Charles' OUAT casting has been confirmed:

Quote:
Kiwi actor Charles Mesure joins Once Upon a Time

Another Kiwi has landed a gig on popular US series Once Upon a Time.

Actor Charles Mesure will portray ruthless pirate Blackbeard in season three of the show, which has just returned to TV2.

The role comes after fellow New Zealander Rose McIver scored the part of Tinker Bell, making her debut in episode three airing in New Zealand next Wednesday.

LA-based Mesure - formerly on Street Legal, American series V and Desperate Housewives - was invited onto the show without having to audition.

"The executive producer on Once ... was my old boss on V so I got a call from Vancouver saying, 'Would you like to come up and do Once Upon a Time?'

"I didn't have a script or any idea what the role would be. It was as simple as, 'Come to Vancouver and play Blackbeard'."

While producers are tight-lipped on his story arc and how many episodes Blackbeard will appear in, Sydney-raised Mesure, 43, says most of his scenes are with Captain Hook, played by Irish actor Colin O'Donoghue.

He hasn't run into McIver on-set, but says returning to Vancouver was like reuniting with family.

"I worked on V with half of this crew for a year back in 2010, so going back on set with them was like coming home. The only thing I can compare it to is going back to New Zealand."

Source
Old 02-21-2014, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

‘Warriors’ Series on ABC: Morena Baccarin Joins Cast - TVLine
Old 02-22-2014, 03:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Great news for Morena.

So I guess I finally will watch OUAT. Looking forward to seeing Charles as Blackbeard.