Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2015, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
That's a good point. She's also working with a strong cast, which is another plus.
I guess I just... wanted something that made truly excited again. But perhaps going into a series without expectations will prove to be the best path and I'll find myself pleasantly surprised.
I know that feeling because I would really like to have that, too. It would be wonderful if we could see Liz on one of those buzzed-about, high-quality shows that are currently on air, but with all those high-profile movie actors starting to swamp the television market (even Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon have signed on for an HBO series), it would probably be tough to get anything other than a short guest role.

Thanks for the interview snippet. We now have all episode titles for the season courtesy of IMDB:

Quote:
3×01 Redux
3×02 Whistleblower
3×03 Dragon
3×04 In Loco Parentis
3×05 Recoil
3×06 Executioner
3×07 Lost and Found
3×08 Heat
3×09 Expose
3×10 Enemy of the People
3×11 Penalty
3×12 Obscura

And a new picture of Liz and Goran filming an episode of Crossing Lines in Croatia:

Source

Old 05-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I know that feeling because I would really like to have that, too. It would be wonderful if we could see Liz on one of those buzzed-about, high-quality shows that are currently on air, but with all those high-profile movie actors starting to swamp the television market (even Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon have signed on for an HBO series), it would probably be tough to get anything other than a short guest role.
That's true, but I would also settle for something less prestigious if it was... fun to watch? I'm not sure that's the right word, what I mean is a show that makes me excited for the next instalment every week, even if the writing is not always top-notch or dips into cheesy territory.
It doesn't necessarily be an Emmy-worthy series, as long as it gives me something as a regular viewer. Something that engages me beyond having a chance to see an actress I like in it.
Lately the projects Liz has signed up for have been things I've been glad about because they gave her a gig and the opportunity to get talked about again, but that was pretty much all.

Thanks for the episode titles list and the lovely photo!

Here is a short video of the on-set interviews done with Liz, Donald S. and Goran V.:

HRT: Donald Sutherland i Elizabeth Mitchell oduševljeni Hrvatskom
Old 05-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's true, but I would also settle for something less prestigious if it was... fun to watch? I'm not sure that's the right word, what I mean is a show that makes me excited for the next instalment every week, even if the writing is not always top-notch or dips into cheesy territory.
It doesn't necessarily be an Emmy-worthy series, as long as it gives me something as a regular viewer. Something that engages me beyond having a chance to see an actress I like in it.
Lately the projects Liz has signed up for have been things I've been glad about because they gave her a gig and the opportunity to get talked about again, but that was pretty much all.
Oh, I totally get what you mean and you're right - a show doesn't have to be Emmy-worthy to be entertaining. For example, Spartacus is one of my all-time favourite series and it wasn't necessarily Emmy-worthy, either. It was, however, a show that kept me on the edge of my seat and it had characters that I either loved and rooted for or loved to hate. Unfortunately, most of Liz's recent projects left me with a feeling of apathy. Hopefully, Crossing Lines will be a step in the right direction.

Quote:
Here is a short video of the on-set interviews done with Liz, Donald S. and Goran V.:

HRT: Donald Sutherland i Elizabeth Mitchell oduševljeni Hrvatskom
Thanks for the interview link.

EMFC has posted a couple of new pictures and a set report from when Liz and Goran filmed Crossing Lines on May 16:

Quote:
We were just wandering around Prague when we saw film crews and then two people running down the street, right past us–maybe six feet away. “That’s Elizabeth Mitchell!” I said. “No way!” But it was. Her and Goran Visnjic. Cool! I felt a little silly being so excited, but as a big fan of Lost (at least the first few seasons), it was awesome to be so close to Juliet.

And the mechanics of it were fascinating–the big cameras, the chalking out marks on the cobblestones, the redoing of the same short scene, the guy whose job it was to feed the pigeons so that they could fly away when Elizabeth Mitchell and Goran Visnjic ran through. Extras, make-up people, catering truck…all very interesting.

The show is Crossing Lines, and they’re filming the third season, where these two actors appear for the first time, I believe. I hope I one day see this scene on screen.

Source
Old 05-30-2015, 02:22 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the latest stuff.

I hope to catch up with this show. I haven't seen any episodes so far and I have to watch from the beginning or not at all.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
Thanks for the latest stuff.

I hope to catch up with this show. I haven't seen any episodes so far and I have to watch from the beginning or not at all.
You're welcome! Catching up is always a great thing to do, but I think in the case of this show, it should be possible to dive right in with season 3 because season 3 is essentially a reboot. Many of the characters from the first 2 seasons have been written out and are being replaced with new ones.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm intrigued by the key role of the pigeons in the scene.

Thanks for the latest!

I wanted to check a few episodes of the previous seasons to have at least a basic idea of what to expect in terms of themes, but that could backfire if I find the show too slow or generic, even knowing a lot of things will be changed in Season 3.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:25 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the info Alex! I'll check if we are getting the show here or if I need to get it on dvd or iTunes.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

^ You're welcome, Julie.

Tom Wlaschiha has posted this lovely shot of the Crossing Lines cast on his Instagram:

And Film United has released this photo of the whole cast and crew:

They will wrap filming within the next couple of days.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the pics!

I'm 15 minutes into the pilot of the series, and why didn't I know that William Fichtner was in this? This is what I get for ignoring the basic information about the show until now.
Those first 15 minutes were boring, but I would've checked out the pilot sooner had I known eye candy was waiting for me.
Hopefully the remaining 70 minutes are better.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:28 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the pics Alex!

I hope you enjoy the rest of it, Fran! Sometimes pilots can be worse than the rest of the season.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ That's true. I couldn't finish the episode yesterday night, but I should be able to do so tomorrow. I'll give the series at least 3 episodes, then I'll just wait for the first one with Liz and hope for the best.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

I won't even bother with the first 2 seasons. I'll simply jump right in with season 3 and take it from there. But Fran, I would love to hear your opinions about the pilot and any subsequent episode you might watch.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 06-13-2015 at 03:56 AM Reason: spelling
Old 06-15-2015, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

The good news is that the rest of the episode wasn't as bad as those first 15 minutes suggested.
The bad news is that OF COURSE my favorite female agent in the team died right away.

One random thing that made the episode endearing to me is that being the characters from all over Europe, you listen to English talked with so many different accents. And it's nice to listen to not-that-perfect English if you're not a native speaker like me, and feel very conscious about your pronunciation.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The good news is that the rest of the episode wasn't as bad as those first 15 minutes suggested.
The bad news is that OF COURSE my favorite female agent in the team died right away.
Aww, that sucks.

Quote:
One random thing that made the episode endearing to me is that being the characters from all over Europe, you listen to English talked with so many different accents. And it's nice to listen to not-that-perfect English if you're not a native speaker like me, and feel very conscious about your pronunciation.
Yeah, I can imagine that being interesting and I am also curious about the different European locations we should get to see on the show.

According to one of the show's producers there's still a chance for Crossing Lines to end up on a US TV network:

Quote:
During season 1, you used to cooperate with NBC. Since then, you've been cooperating with Netflix. Are traditional television networks not that important anymore in this day and age?

That depends on the show itself. We made a lot of changes for season 3 of Crossing lines - in front of the camera and behind the scenes. Because of that, we have decided to postpone further talks in the US market until after the completion of the series. In spite of the cooperation with Netflix, we have the option to sell the broadcast rights to a US television network.

Source

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 06-29-2015 at 04:21 PM
Old 06-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that!
Watching almost everything on my computer anyway, I feel like I'm not the people most interested in a possible new channel deal. But the more people can watch Elizabeth's work, the better!