Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2017, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I mean I didnt really ship them but even I was sort of sad they didn't get more of moment. It felt it needed to happen. Even my sister was like "shouldnt stefan and elena have ended together?" when i told her about the finale. She loved them. But hey, i was in that boat with dawson's creek so i feel your pain, trust me, i do. It sucks. and even as a steroline fan, im devastated what happened to them too.
Quote:
SE did get some nice moments, but it was so jarring for me seeing Stefan/Caroline since I haven't watched since Season 5. I can't buy them as a couple, especially with the way Stefan looks and feels about Elena. I just couldn't see it. And I wish that Stefan and Elena had had a bigger moment in the finale, something with a bigger nod to their love for each other.
mabye if you watched their build up it would make a bit more sense, but i think when you really love a pairing, its hard to see something else, especially when its been build up so much. stefan loved elena SO MUCH in the beginning, so i can see why it would feel weird for fas to see him loving someone else. or have a hard time believing it.

Quote:
I was confused though -- when Stefan and Elena said goodbye, he wasn't dead yet, right? They were kind of on another plane where Elena had been "sleeping"?
i think that her dream state was sort of like limbo between life and afterlife. It was before she woke up and before he died that they had that one little moment.

I still think the show could have been even more neutral wth its ending though, which is what i was expecting. There were lots of ways they could have gone.

1) they could have killed elena (in season 6 even or after if they wanted) and not brought nina back. had damon/stefan deal with their grief earlier and focus on them in the finale. but i can see why that probably wants an option because elena was a significant character to the show.

2) they could have had damon be the one to die instead, having his last significant scene with elena, and then send her off to be with his brother because there is still love between them. (in this scenerio they couldnt have written S/C the way they had though.)

3) both brothers could have died, and therefor neither could have had elena....

idk, i just think it was a bit weird how definitive they were since there were two sides to the triangle.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:59 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
Always a good way to go into this show .

This was nice that one of Paul's fave moments was about SE:

And I love him for that. That was always one of his favorite moments.

I gave up on SE getting back together long time ago.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

"I shouldn't have come home. I know the risk. But I had no choice, I have to know her"-Stefan.//1*01

//"It's you and me Stefan. Always" // 2*05

//"Maybe I don’t, but what I do know, is that you could take this, throw it in the quarry, and let the sun rise, or you could take this ring, and put it on, keep fighting. It’s your choice." - Elena// 1*20

''Listen to me. It doesnt matter. You are the woman that i love. I love you..-Stefan'' 1*11

"No. You don't get to make that decision for me. If you walk away, its for you, because I know what I want. Stefan, I love you.-Elena"//1*10

"Elena is warm and she's kind and she's caring and she's selfless and it's real and honestly when I'm around her I completely forget what I **.-Stefan"//1*08

''I promise you. We're gonna get through this.-Stefan''// 2*06

Elena : "We met, and we talked, and it was epic but... then the sun came up and reality set in".
Stefan: " I met a girl, we talked, it was epic. Then the sun came up and reality set in. All this is reality, right here".//1*02

Stefan: "I'm Stefan"
Elena: "I know. We have... history together."// 1*01

Elena: "I can't lose the way I feel about you"//1*07

"I hate fighting with you, even if it`s fake.-Elena"//2*04

Elena: Oh, I must have dropped it. I...thank you.
Stefan: Don't worry, I didn't...read it.
Elena:No? Why not? Most people would have.
Stefan: Well, I wouldn't want anyone to read mine.
Elena: You keep a journal?
Stefan:Yeah, if I don't write it down,I forget it.
Memories are too important.//1*01

Stefan:I... I'm afraid of what I could do to you.
Elena:I ** not..Stefan...Stefan,I ** not.
Under Control.// 1*18

Elena : "For once I don't regret the day before it begins. Because I know I'll see him again. For the first time in a long time I feel good."//1*02

Stefan: You're taking a stupid risk, I could hurt you."
Elena: Then I'm stupid."// 1*19

Elena: If you walk away its for you because i know what i want..Stefan i love you.//1*10

Katherine: Do you pretend to be human when you’re with Elena? Is that the appeal?
Stefan: Actually, I don’t pretend to be anything when I’m with her. That’s the whole point. I get to just be myself.//2*04

Stefan: "I can't think of a better reason to die"//2*08

Stefan: "You know, this is a future memory. It's where your boyfriend whispered to you that he loved you. [whisper] I love you."//2*14

Stefan: If it were my choice, I’d want to be with you forever..//2*20

''Stefan if this is you, you will be okey. I love you stefan hold on to that. never let that go''//3*01

''Stefan, stefan i love you fight stefan , dont give up''//3*05

'' i knew you would catch me'' , ''i know you better than anyone stefan i ** not giving up''// 3*06.

''how did you do that? acting you dont care like you dont feel anything. because i cant do that. i feel everything''//3*14

''.. i wasnt planning giving up either of you''//3.17

'' i never stopped loving you'' ''i love you,i will always love you''//3*18

''We were in this gym the night Klaus compelled me to turn my feelings off. I thought I hit rock bottom in the 20’s but after I bit you I never wanted to feel anything again. But someone kept telling me that it was okay to feel. No matter how much it hurt. That our emotions are what make us human. Good or bad. And to never lose hope.'' ''who give you that horrible advice'' some girl that i used to that'' ''i dont have anyone anymore'' ''you have me''//3*20

''just in case there is no later'' ''i never unfell for him''//3*22

''listen to me whatever happens i ** here for you i can help you'' ''just like we get through everything. one day at a time'' ''.. whatever happens it was the best choice that i have never made''4*01

''you were in hell which means that i ** in hell''4*02

'' i ** feeling things i dont wanna feel , i ** becoming someone i dont wanna be.. i dont think i ** gonna survive this'' '' yes , you will.. you just have to hold on..''4*04

''i cant do that elena not anymore..''4*06

'' see you in history ..'' 4*08

Old 03-12-2017, 09:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Just came to say hi to this fanbase. Ive always been a SE fan since the begining and I came back to the show this season just to see it all end and last night i saw the finale and man I was so sad for Stefan and for my SE heart.

All I can say after all this mess is that im happy for SE amazing story in the begining from season 1-3. Their love was so pure and very beautifull because it brought the best out of each other. To me It all ended on episode 4x01 with them on a rooftop watching the sunrise Together.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

i thought about that the other day. 401 would be an amazing last scene for them and for their fans.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Sorry SE fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Williamson said he wanted them to be endgame. But with Dobrev back for just one episode it wasn't really possible.
Maybe if Williamson was more loyal to his shows it wouldn't be a problem. First with Dawson's Creek, now TVD.

Makes it difficult to ever want to watch any of his shows.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sad but still glad we got something at least in finale
we had many amazing moments throughout the show

ty for the quotes

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 03-13-2017, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg my Stelena shipper heart! Stefan & Elena should have been wndgame their final scene here screams why they were perfect for each other!

Old 03-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

^That scene really brought me back and I hadn't seen old episodes of them together in years. It also reminded me of when I liked Elena LOL. Both of them were really good in that scene--esp. Paul. It just makes me cry every time I think of it.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Maybe if Williamson was more loyal to his shows it wouldn't be a problem. First with Dawson's Creek, now TVD.

Makes it difficult to ever want to watch any of his shows.
^THIS. KW is like one of those executives at a start-up company -- the one who gets the company off the ground but doesn't stick around long term.

My problem with the finale is the same that it has always been with this show. You can't have SE and DE co-exist with each other. One has to always be sacrificed and it has been SE for years now.

I feel like this was where KW ending DC like he did was the best outcome possible (note - I was a DJ shipper). He acknowledged the love between DJ even though PJ ended up together. One did not negate the other -- and no one had to be propped up as the better man/choice. It was a natural progression and it made sense.

I felt like even thogh DE ended up together, Stefan would always be a factor in their relationship. Mutual love and loss go hand in hand, and the fact that Elena would constantly return to the place where they really first see/interact with each other (that's the moment where I feel like they first click, you know?) and continues to remember him and honor him throughout her life says everything, not only about Elena, but also about the power of SE and how it affects DE.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

i loved DE and obviously was very glad that I got my endgame for the but I understand the SE fan's frustration. I was in that boat with DC too and you are right, at least DJ still had the friendship.

SE deserved to have more care and attention over the years at least in a friendly way.

However, i am glad they at least got as scene together! I was afraid that they wouldnt at all.I wanted a bit more in that scene though, i wanted Elena to say something about Stefan being her first love or something. And even though his line about Caroline was really sweet and i loved it, it sort of took away from SE's connection in that moment.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

"And that's my life. Weird, messy, complicated, sad, wonderful, amazing and above all epic, and I owe it all to Stefan. When I met him, I had lost my parents and I was dead inside, but he brought me back to life" - Elena

I think this whole diary entry Elena gives perfectly sums up Stefan & Elena, and just how absolutely vital Stefan was/is to Elena's life and happiness
Old 03-14-2017, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Hiiii! I haven't been here or on fanforum in forever but I was so distraught about the finale that I contacted Jerry to reset my login info

I am just... speechless, and so sad. And KW's post mortem interviews only made things worse. Oh, what could've been.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome back!

I don't blame KW all that much for leaving and wanting to branch out more. He seems like someone who gets bored easily and wants to continuously challenge himself creatively. I just wish he had picked someone competent to replace him because JP is just a mess on her own or in the driver's seat.

I find it a joke how JP had said that the reason they stayed with DE in s6 is because Nina left. They could have easily went back to SE during that time and having Elena ripped away from him so soon after would have been more angsty and dramatic imo.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

Seriously, I agree. I used to follow this girl "Stefan is Elena's Lobster" on Tumblr and she had the most amazing theory about how they were going to conclude Elena's vampirism arc and have it be explained that she was sired to Damon, hence her random and out of no where love for him, and then eventually SE's reunion would've written itself. Of course, the writers went a completely nonsensical way instead...

There were so many opportunities where they could've brought back SE and it would've been a way better story than what was actually written any day of the week.