Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2017, 11:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

I miss SE so damn much.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe they will have some nice, nostalgic, scenes in the finale ?
Old 03-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am not hoping for much
Old 03-08-2017, 12:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
Maybe they will have some nice, nostalgic, scenes in the finale ?
I'm hopeful for the best, but have mentally prepared myself for the worst.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Kat: (View Post)
I'm hopeful for the best, but have mentally prepared myself for the worst.
Always a good way to go into this show .

This was nice that one of Paul's fave moments was about SE:

Old 03-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Loyal Fan

this show did this ship so wrong but I'm really gonna miss them, I feel like in my mind the show really ended in that episode where they both had pretend lives&were married because it was just everything I wanted , since epic is their word and the finale has epic in the title I'm crossing my fingers for some se closure at the bare minimum but my expectations are low just in case the show doesn't even give me that ughh so many emotions
Old 03-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowMaraTweee (View Post)
this show did this ship so wrong but I'm really gonna miss them, I feel like in my mind the show really ended in that episode where they both had pretend lives&were married because it was just everything I wanted , since epic is their word and the finale has epic in the title I'm crossing my fingers for some se closure at the bare minimum but my expectations are low just in case the show doesn't even give me that ughh so many emotions
I totally agree. I feel really bad for you guys.

I was not a Stelena shipper per se, but having watched this show from the beginning (with less attention to the middle seasons) I always did like them. I have to say that story wise it makes more sense to me. I really thought the show would come back to them; they seemed to be setting them up as OTP. I always liked Damon and how Elena's love inspired him to be good, but I thought he was better (and funnier) as the third wheel. Also, I liked Elena better when she was with Stefan. I found her nicer and less selfish. I liked that Elena was attracted to Damon--the love triangle was interesting AT FIRST. It got really old though! It got to the point that it felt forced, and when Delena happened, and esp. when Elena became a vampire, Delena felt really forced. It was obvious that the writers were making them the new OTP and Stelena became more and more a distant memory....until the "pretend lives" episode. I'm glad that episode made some Stelena fans happy, but it made me kind of mad--because the writers really seemed to be playing with Stelena fans' feelings. After basically saying there is no hope for you-, that episode came along to give you hope, but at the same time take it away because they seemed to be saying "they could be fated to be together since they're doppelgangers--or it could be a fluke--who knows?" I think that was a real disservice to you fans. I don't mind a good love triangle, but I hate when writers manipulate fans like this. I went through this with the show Lost as a Jack/Kate shipper, and I hate when it happens to others. (I get the feeling the writers have taken other pages (pun intended) from Lost's book as well--the flash forward, for instance.)

That being said, I do think they will have at least one scene between Stefan and Elena, for old times sake at least.

I will confess that when they made Stefan human, I found it a good plot twist because I thought, "Oh my, are they going to turn the show on its head and make Stelena the OTP after all?" After all, they often make things happen out of nowhere rather than letting things happen organically. (If there were more episodes this season and Nina were back for more time they could have made it happen organically!) Also, Julie Plec did say that Elena as a human would choose Stefan; as a vampire she would choose Damon. I don't want to get your hopes up, however! They have since resumed hitting us over the head with Delena, and if they suddenly ended the show with Stelena, that would feel forced and leave Delena fans feeling cheated.

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 03-10-2017 at 11:44 AM Reason: ADDITION
Old 03-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

This ship should have been endgame!
Old 03-10-2017, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish they were!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am a DE fan but ugh it always sucks when your ship doesnt work out. Ive been in that boat and its not fun.

I love that SE got some great scene in the finale though! Even though they are not what you guys want I think that they were significant! I mean, the last person he saw as he was leaving the earth was Elena and their moment was totally reflective of the very first time they met. Elena writing in her journal in the cemetery was also a nice little throw back.

Im devastated over Stefan's death too though I didnt want him to be the one to go.

I also felt they could have been a bit more neutral to all the shippers and not made some of the finale moments so cheesey....

At least you guys can have some sort of relief knowing that KW was a big SE fan and intended to put them back together eventually, before knowing that Nina was leaving. I just read that in an interview.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:52 AM
Elite Fan

Williamson said he wanted them to be endgame. But with Dobrev back for just one episode it wasn't really possible.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
At least you guys can have some sort of relief knowing that KW was a big SE fan and intended to put them back together eventually, before knowing that Nina was leaving. I just read that in an interview.
Yeah I read that too. It's a nice sentiment for sure, but also sad because ugh...I wish I could have known what would have happened for them. I would have loved to have seen them build back up to them.

SE did get some nice moments, but it was so jarring for me seeing Stefan/Caroline since I haven't watched since Season 5. I can't buy them as a couple, especially with the way Stefan looks and feels about Elena. I just couldn't see it. And I wish that Stefan and Elena had had a bigger moment in the finale, something with a bigger nod to their love for each other.

I was confused though -- when Stefan and Elena said goodbye, he wasn't dead yet, right? They were kind of on another plane where Elena had been "sleeping"?
Old 03-11-2017, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Hello everyone I stopped watching this show in season 4. I never regret that I spent 4 years in this forum with you guys, and so proud of being se fan..
TVD is over now i am so glad that we met these amazing cast and great love story..
And i want to say goodbye to them for the last time..
Old 03-11-2017, 02:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I am a DE fan but ugh it always sucks when your ship doesnt work out. Ive been in that boat and its not fun.

I love that SE got some great scene in the finale though! Even though they are not what you guys want I think that they were significant! I mean, the last person he saw as he was leaving the earth was Elena and their moment was totally reflective of the very first time they met. Elena writing in her journal in the cemetery was also a nice little throw back.

Im devastated over Stefan's death too though I didnt want him to be the one to go.

I also felt they could have been a bit more neutral to all the shippers and not made some of the finale moments so cheesey....

Alexa you rock!

I was surprised how significant their moments were. There were times when I thought Stefan was still in love with Elena, the way he looked at her.

Can I just say how in love I am with Stefan right now? Paul Wesley really knocked it out of the park.

I was surprised how neutral they were, actually. The finale focused more on love as a whole--families, brothers, friends, not only lovers. But you are right that they can be too cheesey and too focused on love affairs at the expense of the rest of the story.

I did not know that. That's what I would have predicted. Of course, at some point KW left. Where did you guys read this?
Old 03-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Williamson said he wanted them to be endgame. But with Dobrev back for just one episode it wasn't really possible.
I was so sad that didn't happen, but at least good to know that he want them to be endgame.. Sigh..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy