Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 04:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "The Searchers" (12.07) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Nov 11th @ 8PM)

NCIS 12.07 - "The Searchers"
Original Airdate: November 11, 2014 @ 8PM

Episode Summary
The NCIS team investigate the murder of a retired master sergeant and uncover a fraudulent
charity that preys upon families who are searching for missing military personnel. Meanwhile,
Bishop agonizes over the results of her probation evaluation; and Tony contemplates
adopting a stray cat that followed him home.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for this thread. Sounds like a good episode
Old 11-09-2014, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.
looks like bishop is going to make all the mistakes she should have done last season......
and tony adopting a cat? considering his working hours she is going to be alone most time of the day. hope she doesn't decide to play with "kate and ziva"...
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes that cat would be lonely & better not play with Kate & Ziva if he does adopt one

Quote:
looks like bishop is going to make all the mistakes she should have done last season......
Exactly what I was thinking when I posted the thread. About time for her to make them

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be nice to see her make those mistakes, so I do hope that is what will happen.

I can't picture Tony with a cat, but it will be interesting
Old 11-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a good episode to have air on Veteran's Day.

I know it happens, but it's just sad how people take advantage of others with anything, but especially when it comes to dog tags or other items from soldiers like that.

Really liked how the case took them to Vietnam to not only catch the bad guy but also to bring home the body of Sergeant Kent. It was nice that Bishop figured out the clue to help find him.

I liked that blow up between Gibbs and Bishop. I mean, we knew he was going easy on Bishop, but it was nice for them to give us an explanation. Poor Gibbs for blaming himself for Kate and Ziva. Glad that Gibbs will treat her like the others now.

Tony and the cat. Felt a little bad for Tony when Rick Blane ran away He got so attached to him. Also love that he still has Kate and Ziva the fish.

Never get tired of McGee and Abby thinking the same things and saying them at the same time Loved that Palmer was there with them and how he was excited when they figured it out

Loved the Ducky scenes.

The whole thing with the e-val scores was interesting.

The only thing in this episode I thought was odd was how quickly the case was solved. I felt like it was solved pretty quickly and the other bad guy gave up to easily. Maybe that's just me. I dunno, I just felt like there was something a little off with the episode and that's the only thing I can think that it was. Otherwise, it was a great episode.

I feel like I am forgetting something, but can't think what it is at the moment
Old 11-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I didn't even pick up on how the episode would be airing on Veterans Day (& not just because I don't have that here as I have Remembrance Day instead). That's good that the episode worked well with the date. I wonder if that was done on purpose ...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
This was a good episode to have air on Veteran's Day.

I know it happens, but it's just sad how people take advantage of others with anything, but especially when it comes to dog tags or other items from soldiers like that.

Really liked how the case took them to Vietnam to not only catch the bad guy but also to bring home the body of Sergeant Kent. It was nice that Bishop figured out the clue to help find him.

I liked that blow up between Gibbs and Bishop. I mean, we knew he was going easy on Bishop, but it was nice for them to give us an explanation. Poor Gibbs for blaming himself for Kate and Ziva. Glad that Gibbs will treat her like the others now.

Tony and the cat. Felt a little bad for Tony when Rick Blane ran away He got so attached to him. Also love that he still has Kate and Ziva the fish.

Never get tired of McGee and Abby thinking the same things and saying them at the same time Loved that Palmer was there with them and how he was excited when they figured it out

Loved the Ducky scenes.

The whole thing with the e-val scores was interesting.

The only thing in this episode I thought was odd was how quickly the case was solved. I felt like it was solved pretty quickly and the other bad guy gave up to easily. Maybe that's just me. I dunno, I just felt like there was something a little off with the episode and that's the only thing I can think that it was. Otherwise, it was a great episode.
agree with that.

and:
tony made sure that kate and ziva were safe before he left the house - liked that.

thought we would see him with the cat, now it is too late.....

good thing that tony and mcgee didn't tell her what the score means.

but:
"the lower your score the more potential gibbs thinks you have" (palmer)

tony 58, mcgee 62

"doing things different now. high score means you did good" (gibbs)

bishop 82

what does that mean? he thinks she has more potential than tony and mcgee????? i thought no one is better

but i liked how tony and mcgee left the room before gibbs had the conversation with bishop.

tony: i got to get a thing for my thing."
mcgee: i'm gonna help him with that thing."
Old 11-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also wonder if they planned it to air that day or not Chelle. I hope they did plan it though.

Agreed with what you said as well nuwanda.

I was wondering the same think about the higher score. I wonder if he just said that because he has been going easy on her since she started. I hope he re-evaluated her with the scoring he did for everyone else. It also makes me wonder what Ziva's score was. Since she wouldn't tell anyone, I wonder if it was pretty low. I know I wouldn't want to tell anyone if my score was really low.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
tony: i got to get a thing for my thing."
mcgee: i'm gonna help him with that thing."
Best lines of the episode, Nuwanda.

In my line of business, I need to keep an eye on what's happening in the world. It is very true that where there is a cause or a crisis, there are scammers to take advantage of the good-hearted but gullible, not to mention the needy. It's sad.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show a lot. I lreally liked the actor who played played Hawk's friend. Sorry... I can't remember any names without more coffee. I also enjoyed the tGibbs/Bishop talk. I hadn't noticed, but she was right. He had been going easy on her. It'll be interesting to see how things develop moving forward. Oh and I loved him telling her to get off the floor and work at her desk like a grownup. (ok I'm editorializing).
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

oo McGee not only knows Tony has fish but knows that they are called Kate & Ziva. I like that. Or at least it appeared that way since he didn't react to the names when Tony said them as he told him where he'd moved the tank. Is that the first time we got confirmation that Tony called the second one Ziva?

"Kate. She was the girl before the girl before you..." & also where you got the fish name from Tony. Wonder if Bishop has picked up on that

Another comment about the fish - why doesn't Tony have one for Jenny? they seemed to have a close relationship, even if it was only professional... but I guess he may felt too guilty over her death that or he loved both Kate & Ziva

Cute cat

Abby's pen very good idea to use it to scratch her itch

Interesting ep. I have a feeling Gibbs would change things up & go easy on Bishop because he's scared to lose another woman. He also could have said some things to make her feel better about the score . Ok so I said that before finishing the ep & without reading this thread . Slightly predictable maybe? I do love the Gibbs/Bishop moments in the ep. The end scene was sweet but Gibbs shouldn't blame himself as it isn't his fault. Kate died protecting him, Ziva left to make him proud. Liked Bishop's response to him.

Is it just me or are they travelling a LOT this season?

McAbby scene hehe. They're cute... so is Palmer wanting to go get ears from autopsy

I agree Toni . Although it was quirky that she sat on the floor, she should sit at her desk
Gibbs: "This floor is for standing & walking."
Bishop: "What?"
Gibbs: "Sit in your damn chair Bishop"
^ that is the Gibbs we know & love

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)

1. Is that the first time we got confirmation that Tony called the second one Ziva?

2. "Kate. She was the girl before the girl before you..."

3. Another comment about the fish - why doesn't Tony have one for Jenny? they seemed to have a close relationship, even if it was only professional... but I guess he may felt too guilty over her death that or he loved both Kate & Ziva

4. Is it just me or are they travelling a LOT this season?
1. i think it is. as far as i know we just got a glimpse of the second fish, but no name.

2. that was funny.

3. i think it is because he didn't work that close with her and not every day. and maybe it is inappropriate to have a pet with your boss' name even if it was meant nice.

4. i thought that too.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Gibbs: "This floor is for standing & walking."
Bishop: "What?"
Gibbs: "Sit in your damn chair Bishop"
^ that is the Gibbs we know & love

Oh YEAH. That was vintage Gibbs. Loved it.

BTW, how does one get that strike through effect, Nuwanda?
Old 11-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

To get the strike through effect use: [s]text goes here[/s]
But Tony & Jenny did seem to get closer when Gibbs retired & after that. It could be because she was his boss

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you, Chelle
Reply   Post New Thread