Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2019, 09:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Mona Lisa" (16.18) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Apr 2nd @ 8PM)

NCIS 16.18 - "Mona Lisa"
Original Airdate: April 2, 2019 @ 8PM

x

Episode Summary
Torres relies on his team’s investigative skills after he wakes up on a dilapidated
fishing boat, covered in blood and unable to remember the last 12 hours.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:47 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

sounds interesting.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread!

The previews looked very interesting.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

hey a torres episode nice
Old 04-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, what an excellent episode, jam packed with so many little surprises along the way! And they finally brought the Director's devious girlfriend back into an episode, so that was a treat! A surprise though that her involvement got resolved in this one episode...I would have thought that storyline might take at least a few episodes but surprisingly it did not. And I LOVED the surprise about the necklace! It definitely proved that Director Vance is no fool, and since he was with her for 6 months, he apparently picked up on a few things during that time. I guess it shouldn't have surprised me so much that he wouldn't be taking any chances with a new woman in his life given his position and his experience. Way to go, Vance! I'm just wondering though, since it turned out her involvement was in a government sanctioned surveillance of Vance, if maybe she might come back to him asking for forgiveness because she ended up developing actual feelings for him and vice versa. Doubt that will happen but it passed through my pea brain as a remote possibility.

Glad Torres was finally cleared! And it was interesting about those hidden diamonds. I actually made a lucky guess that it was that woman who was the culprit...and loved how Gibbs figured out exactly where she was storing the diamonds!

And Summer, I too am soooo glad they finally had an eppy that focused on Torres! It's unusual for Torres to ever come across as uncertain and tentative so it was interesting to see him that way this time...I thought he did a great job, and I honestly liked at the end that he wasn't so quick to forgive Ellie for doubting him. Like he said, he never would have doubted her had things been reversed. But given that he has some secret feelings for her (evidenced in that one episode), I have a feeling he'll come around quickly and their friendship will get back on track in the next episode or two hopefully. I'm still hoping for at least one episode of a little romance between them.

And last but not least...Ducky made an appearance! Yay!! A total shock that he came back to his new office so quickly! Loved seeing how he had fixed up his new place, and I liked the fact he was in several scenes! I'm thinking the writers know how much all NCIS fans love Ducky and maybe they're making his departure as easy on us all as possible...at least I hope that's the case and that he will continue popping up in various episodes from time to time!

Anyway, I loved this episode!!

Jenny
Jenny Heartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Heartland (View Post)
Wow, what an excellent episode, jam packed with so many little surprises along the way! And they finally brought the Director's devious girlfriend back into an episode, so that was a treat! A surprise though that her involvement got resolved in this one episode...I would have thought that storyline might take at least a few episodes but surprisingly it did not. And I LOVED the surprise about the necklace! It definitely proved that Director Vance is no fool, and since he was with her for 6 months, he apparently picked up on a few things during that time. I guess it shouldn't have surprised me so much that he wouldn't be taking any chances with a new woman in his life given his position and his experience. Way to go, Vance! I'm just wondering though, since it turned out her involvement was in a government sanctioned surveillance of Vance, if maybe she might come back to him asking for forgiveness because she ended up developing actual feelings for him and vice versa. Doubt that will happen but it passed through my pea brain as a remote possibility.

Glad Torres was finally cleared! And it was interesting about those hidden diamonds. I actually made a lucky guess that it was that woman who was the culprit...and loved how Gibbs figured out exactly where she was storing the diamonds!

And Summer, I too am soooo glad they finally had an eppy that focused on Torres! It's unusual for Torres to ever come across as uncertain and tentative so it was interesting to see him that way this time...I thought he did a great job, and I honestly liked at the end that he wasn't so quick to forgive Ellie for doubting him. Like he said, he never would have doubted her had things been reversed. But given that he has some secret feelings for her (evidenced in that one episode), I have a feeling he'll come around quickly and their friendship will get back on track in the next episode or two hopefully. I'm still hoping for at least one episode of a little romance between them.

And last but not least...Ducky made an appearance! Yay!! A total shock that he came back to his new office so quickly! Loved seeing how he had fixed up his new place, and I liked the fact he was in several scenes! I'm thinking the writers know how much all NCIS fans love Ducky and maybe they're making his departure as easy on us all as possible...at least I hope that's the case and that he will continue popping up in various episodes from time to time!

Jenny

wow. that was a long review.

and I agree with everything.

I really like what they are doing this season.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
wow. that was a long review.
Oops, sorry if my comment was too long, I was just so excited about the episode and I haven't left a comment for a long time. I'll try to do better.

Jenny
Old 04-03-2019, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's ok if you have a long review Jenny! THat's what this board is for to discuss the episodes and all things NCIS

I agree with everything you said.

I was so releived that Vance was not clueless about that woman he was seeing. I had a feeling the neck;lace was bugged when he showed it to Slone.

Very interesting case involving Torress. Poor guy.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oops, sorry if my comment was too long,
that wasn't what I meant. I am just not used to it.
write as much as you want.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
that wasn't what I meant. I am just not used to it.
write as much as you want.
Hi Nuwanda Thanks for your followup comment. I do tend to be wordy sometimes though and what I could say in one sentence will sometimes go to a paragraph! Ha! I once took a short story writing class and the first time I got my story back from the instructor, one of her comments was something like, "You tend to say something in several sentences that could actually be said in one, so need to work on that."

Love reading your observations and comments about the shows!

And Maplezbear, I too appreciated that Vance somehow knew what was up with his girlfriend! It's so fun that you picked up on the fact the necklace had a microphone! That totally bypassed me since I was just concentrating on how pretty it was, and how it represented a new level of the relationship for Vance. So I was shocked when it came to light in that scene where Vance and Gibbs walked in and caught her! So good catch! You remind me of a friend of mine that I think of as my little detective buddy...and that's because nothing gets by her, she picks up on stuff in these shows that I totally miss and she comes up with theories that I would never even think of. So again, great catch on your part!

Can't wait for the next episode!

Jenny
Old 04-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks Jenny. I wasn't 100% sure about it, but had a feeling there was one. I think ti was just because of all the focus they kept putting on it and how Vance and Sloan were talking sometimes. I dunno :lol;. A lot of times I'm also too busy paying attention to other things to notice some things
Old 04-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Quote:

Jenny
Pretty much everything I would have said about this episode!

Jimmy after Torres left "this is why I prefer working with dead people"

Nice surprise to see Ducky again in this episode, and see his office set up already, I love how he decorated it.

I felt so bad for Torres. I had a feeling it was that woman who did it too. I also guessed that the diamonds would be in the fish tank.

I knew Vance wouldn't have been so easily fooled, glad that was resolved this episode, although I wasn't expecting it to so quickly. And the end, ooh, very serious, what would the Secretary of Defence be doing with that much money in a personal account? Something tells me we're in for another explosive finale.

Ziva mention
Old 04-10-2019, 03:44 AM
Graphics Team Manager

switching computers... serious seeming relationship at this point between Vance & that woman too

Gibbs: "ping his phone" Why Gibbs you're getting good at tech-stuff

poor Torres

Now the woman wants Ziva's stuff cleared? That seems so logical ... I don't understand that storyline at all

sounds like someone targeted Torres

Nice we get to not just see Ducky but his office already set up I like that he has the treadmill desk so he doesn't have to keep sitting down

interesting case & twists in the ep

I was wondering why Vance showed Sloane the necklace & even would be talking to her about his relationship. Plus it sounded like he'd had it specially made which seemed interesting when they had only been together a few months. They did good wording of that earlier scene so that you couldn't tell. Glad Vance found out the truth but interesting how they did wrap it all up in one episode after it being so long before they followed up with these bits from the start of the season. The CIA guy had to follow Vance for 4 months to see if he could trust him? Not surprised that SetNav was involved

Jenny you should see some of my responses to episodes. I tend to babble at times & make my comments while watching the ep. Half the time I imagine it possibly doesn't even make sense Love your post & thoughts

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So you see what I meant about the lady wanting the stuff cleared out

I want one of those treadmill desks Might as well get a workout in while using the computer

Agreed with the last part you wrote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:56 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It doesn't seem logical. Now it seems like she didn't know Ziva was dead at all which it didn't seem like back in the other episode?

It would be great if more people could have desks like that!

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread