Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2017, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Snowflake Snugglers L♥P #212: Because 10 years ago the cat was put in the box, and it's still alive.

Snowflake Snugglers # 212

Welcome to the Leonard/Penny Thread!
The number one place to discuss Big Bang Theory's very own 'beauty and the geek'.

His whole universe was in a constant state
And then a neighbor moved in cross the hall
From there on it was fate
Their first “date” was a mess
Then Halloween, a slight success
But nearly two more years would pass
Until the day
HE BROUGHT HER A SNOWFLAKE
Limes, snuggling, “that’s my girl”
Watching LP’s love unfurl
This is why we watch the Big Bang
BANG

The Songs⁛

Honourable Mention: "You've Got a Friend in Me" - Toy Story

"I Love You Because" - I Love You Because "Just Not Now" - I Love You Because "I Don't Want to Live Without You" - Foreigner "When You Got a Good Thing" - Lady Antebellum

"Quitter" - Carrie Underwood "Where I Stood" - Missy Higgins "Little Lion Man" - Mumford and Sons "Perfect" - Sara Evans "Need To Be Next To You" - Sara Evans

"Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum "Drop In The Ocean" - Ron Pope "Sink or Swim" - Tyronne Wells "1, 2, 3, 4" - Plain White T's "Halo" - Bethany Joy Lenz "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz

"Runaway" - Mae "Someone That You're With" - Nickelback "Pretend" - Scott Porter and Glory Dogs "She Will Be Loved" - Maroon 5 "Love You More" - Celine Dion "Collide" - Howie Day

"More Than A Friend" - Michael Learns To Rock "Kiss the Girl" - Ashley Tisdale "Wonderwall" - Oasis "Unapologize" - Carrie Underwood "Fire" - Augustana "I Never Told You" - Colbie Caillat

"Alone" - I Love You Because "Accidentally in Love" - Counting Crows "Life After You" - Daughtry "Let's Hear It For the Boy" - Footloose "This Everyday Love" - Rascal Flatts

"She's So High" - Tal Buchman "Firefly" - Jimmy Needham "I Just Call You Mine" - Martina McBride "Sometimes" - Britney Spears "Thunder" - Boys Like Girls "Just the Girl" - The Click Five

"Always Be My Baby" - David Cook "Follow Through" - Gavin DeGraw “Can’t Fight This Feeling” - REO Speedwagon "More Than Anyone" - Gavin DeGraw "Stay With You" - Goo Goo Dolls

"My Life Would Suck Without You" - Kelly Clarkson "The Only Exception" - Paramore "I Could Get Used to This" - The Veronicas "Everywhere" - Yellowcard "This Time" - Carrie Underwood

"I've Just Seen a Face" - The Beatles "More than Words" - Extreme "Stuck Like Glue" - Sugarland "The Story Of Us" - Taylor Swift "Back To December" - Taylor Swift

"I Go Crazy" - Paul Davis "All I Know" - Art Garfunkel "Running Away" - AM "Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)" - Shania Twain "I Melt With You" - Modern English

The Friends⁛
1. Nitinha
2. Karma Police
3. Andu
4. PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
5. **SuperGirl**
6. Brendafan
7. topherkraz78
8. FunK
9. CosmicLove
10. Pomita
11. ~ Fire & Ice ~
12. redraven11

Art by Yanina

Honorary Snugglers⁛

Kaley Cuoco
Johnny Galecki
Jim Parsons
Kunal Nayyar
Melissa Rauch
Mrs. Cooper
Dr. Beverly Hofstadter
CBS Episode Scheduler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz
Wyatt
Howard Wolowitz
Raj Koothrappali
Kohana
Bill Prady
Nancy O'Dell ( Entertainment Tonight)
Kristen D Santos (E! News)
Gary Cuoco
Steve Molaro
Samuel L Jackson
Sheldon Cooper
Kelly Ripa
Susan Rauch
Stuart Bloom
Alfred Hofstadter

The Snugglers⁛
1.TessShipper 2.sanna_o75 3.No1Jater 4.Caliina 5.Lukacnd 6.sohoblue123 7.Conspiracy 8.LukaAbbyLover 9.ash492 10.Alexa 11.Nerenafan 12.Charmqn 13.gizzie4life 14.gizzie_fan

15.infallible love 16.Live in Love ~ 17.Motoko Ayoama 18.lafs1684 19.mellifluouscloud 20.xNaley23x 21.constance27 22.Jlw43081 23.macabul 24.MissSullivan 25.hoydenish

26.Chastidy 27.Broony 28.Enigma 29.Isis2015 30.upthemorning 31.KnottySugar 32.Eternal Flame 33.dudeNchief 34.spuffy_rox 35.RainbowChaser 36.DrSnobgrass 37.lenaguffi

38.Brendafan 39.ruenschen 40.Lostintime 41.Sarahlouise 42.colourful_dust 43.carly-hope 44.Brihoggy 45.colourtunes 46.aprilof06 47.varjak-golightly 48.hoydenish 49.LGRG

50.B.Chambers 51.fantomette 52.crazyshipper83 53.JoozerLoozer 54.CheEsecAKe&BRUCAS 55.TizzyGaGaBlank 56.TheMadHatter 57.lennylove 58.WeBuiltThePyramids 59.Jordan2Delta

60.Scarlet's Walk 61.lclc 62.Let It Be 63.SargeantFuzzyBoots 64.AisicsRule 65.shellyw9 66.ennaxor 67.haley880 68.Jojo 69.carl1970 70.Magical Turkey 71.- Nina - 72.Kez

73.pame_annu 74.amandapanda222 75.hellothere689 76.stock2007 77.smile4me06 78.neurogirl07 79.megprescottfan 80.flightless♥bird 81.KCJenna 82.CloisFan 83.Emdancer

84.FoxySmile 85.AllyPorter 86.XxSwarleyxX 87.forensicduck 88.nikostheater 89.SaraahhhD 90.¨¨~ J Erlotiel L ~¨¨ 91.ღRose♦Nylundღ 92.blazing_star 93.Rambler23x 94.Starfisher

95.kika m 96.inpitt 97.LeafsFan34 98.BlackWhiteRose 99.akredhead 100.Kaylee921 101.snatches of sunshine 102.accio 103.Sursonica 104.nolamegs 105.jemma10 106.gigilove

107.SlickNickShady 108.JaSam4Life 109.chipmunk_tubetops 110.alecia 111.Ethereal 112.CinnamonHummingbird 113.amiableweed 114.ellehcim_belle 115.kutiepiecooper 116.quin611

117.~ Fire & Ice ~ 118.heyitsrachel 119.genki-escapist 120.Rockyele 121.toxicgurl169 122.punkmusiccc 123.redraven11 124.math!science!history! 125.beckytm 126.kbcountry37

127.M-90 128.Ankatje 129.Esselle 130.xoSummer 131.silver reflection 132.Jexx 133.LucyGu 134.vportilla 135.Allsmiles7282 136.Melanie Garcia 137.Soeshie20 138.issa1005

139.ColoursOfTheRainbows 140.vasu 141.kgp1217 142.Sixonxnavade 143.BlondeRedhead 144.Gotapenname 145.Jemi_Nelena 146.Sara Caffrey 147.Calgaryfan2006 148.JengerSnaps

149.hypotheticaldue 150.Subject87 151.nilo2207 152.zhalen565 153.otterpatronus1 154.Lionne 155.Paycheckgurl 156.SaraSidleStokes 157.Tensor 158.Callalily 159.Ahmyrak

160.FoxPhile 161.ShamyLove 162.doula 163.activia 164.*Amethyst* 165.FileXxX 166.What's a hickey? 167.Terrible Waitress 168.gsxdoug 169.I.Am.Molly 170.falling slowly

171.baelfire24 172.sandrahdc1991 173.IsadoraH 174.cimbay 175.Dawson creek fan 176.scottwajda8819 177.Tonstar17 178.itwasdestined 179.IcyBerry 180.socialfirefighter

181.soundsgood 182.loveofallnerdythings394 183. lpjmg 184.meka3000 185.Lady Crawford 186.*luminous* 187.Reyes9

The Wishlist⁛
  1. Dancing together - The Prom Equivalency (08.08)
  2. Waking up together (morning kisses & more)
  3. Going to visit each other’s families/friends
  4. Having spontaneous sex in strange places (we know Penny likes it) - The Holographic Excitation (06.05)
  5. Singing together - The Anxiety Optimization (08.13)
  6. Bringing each other breakfast in bed - The Extract Obliteration (06.06)
  7. Leonard playing the cello for Penny - The Egg Salad Equivalency (06.12)
  8. Making-out in the laundry room
  9. Having a spaghetti fight (either because they're angry or just out of fun)
  10. Penny taking care of Leonard when he's sick
  11. Leonard learning to dance for Penny
  12. Wearing matching costumes on Halloween
  13. Leonard giving Penny a piggy back ride
  14. Penny giving Leonard a piggy back ride
  15. Slow dancing at Howard and Bernadette's wedding - The Prom Equivalency (08.08)
  16. Fast dancing at Howard and Bernadette's wedding - The Cohabitation Experimentation (10.04)
  17. Penny taking a class Leonard is teaching.
  18. Skyping.
  19. Sharing a chair. (08.03/08.12/08.23)
  20. Leonard helping Penny prepare for a role. - The Indecision Amalgamation (07.19)
  21. Taking a bubble bath together.

The Reasons⁛
They fit together
She waited for him
They couldn't stand to be "just friends"
He counted mississippi's when she hugged him
They like to snuggle in bed together
He tried to help her when she was addicted to online gaming
She talks to him when she is upset
They are close in proximity
He is her homunculus
The way they look at each other.
She picked out clothes for him
He would turn back time for her
She said his name
He would face a fearsome giant for her
When she was hiding from the landlord she was looking for him
She missed him
He brought her a snowflake from the top of the world
She said she didn't settle, she cares about what is inside of him
He watched her favorite movie
She wanted him to be all snoodled up when he was doing his science stuff
He learned about Football for her
She threw him his first birthday party
He googled how to do that
She made him breakfast
He put her bed together
She wore his shirt
He shot Sheldon for her
She supported his team at the physics bowl
He wouldn't let Sheldon change her, He likes her just as she is
She always wanted to know what he was like when he was little
Because he wanted to help her when she was sick
Because they changed the meaning of yee-haw
Because Penny punched Sheldon to protect the ring.
Because Leonard tells Penny thank you after sex
Because "I screwed up. Leonard's a great guy. I should never have broken up with him."
Because she let him violate the neutral zone.
Because he paid her rent.
Because Leonard couldn't believe she wouldn't tell him if she got a movie
Because he let her eat off of his plate even when he was on a date with someone else
Because she wanted to fling her poop at Priya
Because she cried when he found someone else.
Because they looked like they wanted to kiss each other at midnight on NYE.
Because she carried him to the water.
Because he's still her first choice.
Because he didn't want her to go.
Because "I'm so proud of you."
Because something's gotta give.
Because they got back together
Because they created relationship beta tests
Because Penny thinks Leonard's "cute when he gets all gangsta"
Because Penny doesn't want anyone else to "work" with Leonard.
Because they're involved in a five year experiment.
Because they love each other.
Because Penny sat around all summer missing Leonard.
Because Penny does anything to make Leonard feel better when sad.
Because Leonard bought Penny a car.
Because together they make one awesome person.
Because they got engaged!
Because Leonard wants to give Penny the life she deserves.
Because they're holding hands and doing marriage together
Because they're navigating money together.
Because they had sex on a canvas and gave it to Sheldon.
Because Penny pulled out all the stops for Leonard in 8.22.
Because they got married! Twice.
Because they are the Hofstadters
Because "You've Got a Friend in Me"
Because they're gonna just be together.
Because Leonard is the king of husbands and a naughty carrot.
Because they would make amazing parents.

Leonard & Penny⁛

They've kind of been involved in a nine year experiment

Their Meeting⁛:

Leonard and Penny met on September 24th, 2007 when Penny moved into the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon. After an awkward repetition of the word “Hi”, Leonard was smitten and inviting Penny over for lunch. Leonard saw Penny as someone who could bring him out of his shell, while Leonard represented the nice, caring guy that Penny's love life had lacked. After Leonard and Sheldon lost their pants attempting to get Penny's TV back from her ex boyfriend Kurt, Leonard and Penny's impending friendship and potential romance was solidified by Penny taking Leonard and his friends out to dinner.

We were hooked on them.

Their Friendship⁛:

Leonard and Penny's friendship started out sweet and awkward. While Leonard often stumbled over what to say and could ramble on, Penny slowly made Leonard more confident, and quickly began to develop her own feelings for him. Their first kiss happened in season one, episode six The Middle Earth Paradigm on Halloween night when Leonard comforted Penny, saying she was perfect. Penny knew he meant it. Most significant was that Leonard refused to take advantage of Penny while she was drunk and sad.

Their friendship continued to gain milestones such as Penny throwing Leonard his first birthday part in “The Peanut Reaction” and Leonard secretly getting Kurt to give Penny the money he owed her to help her in “The Financial Permeability.” Their ability to work as a unified force of friends was later showcased in season two, episode sixteen “The Cushion Saturation” when Leonard and Penny had to work together when they soiled Sheldon's spot with a paint ball gun. This ended with Leonard falling on the sword for Penny and further upsetting Sheldon by admitting that his favourite Chinese food restaurant had closed years ago and Leonard had been deceiving him.

Their First Romantic Relationship⁛:

Leonard first asked Penny, officially, in the season one finale, “The Tangerine Factor.” After Penny was betrayed by her boyfriend Mike, Leonard comforted her and suggested himself as a man who was nice and actually cared about her. Both nervous unsure of whether or not to go through with the date, Sheldon advised both Leonard and Penny on the wisdom of Schrodigner's cat. Leonard kissed Penny and the cat was alive.

Tension over Penny's not having finished community college separated Leonard and Penny until season two, episode fifteen “The Maternal Capacitance.” Unresolved father and mother issues resulted in Leonard and Penny doing shots, licking salt off each other's necks, sharing lime wedges, and making out in Penny's bed. Though it didn't end well, this moment later led to Penny's increased desire for Leonard, seen clearly in “The Classified Materials Turbulence” when Penny said Leonard's name while making out with Stuart and when Penny gave Leonard a snuggie and revealed she wished he wasn't going when the boys signed up for an expedition to the North Pole in the season two finale.

Leonard and Penny's relationship fully began on September 21st, 2009 on the season three premiere, “The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation.” Upon Leonard's return from the arctic, Penny immediately kissed Leonard. More followed when Leonard gave snowflake he'd preserved from the North Pole that would last forever. Although their first time being intimate was slightly awkward, they quickly resoved this tension in the subsequent episode. Leonard and Penny faced their first fight in “The Guitarist Amplification”, Penny successfully won over Leonard's mother in “The Maternal Congruence”, and they worked through their differences of beliefs in “The Psychic Vortex.”

Their Break Up⁛:

Leonard and Penny broke up on April 12th, 2010 in “The Wheaton Recurrence.” Leonard said “I love you” to Penny for the first time and she was unable to say it back. Not wanting to string Leonard along, she broke up with him. In the following episode, “The Spaghetti Catalyst”, the two decided to try and remain friends. In the season three finale, “The Lunar Excitation”, Penny came to the realization that Leonard had destroyed her ability to tolerate idiots; she and Leonard then spent the night together. Leonard experienced his own heartbreaking revelation when Penny said that their having sex had been a drunken mistake.

Season four saw Leonard trying to move on while Penny was unusually single for majority of the season. In “The 21 Second Excitation” Penny was driven to storming into her room at the idea of Leonard seeing another woman and later to tears when Leonard started dating Raj's sister Priya in “The Cohabitation Formulation”, feelings of jealousy that would increase throughout the rest of the season, particularly when Priya forbade Leonard from seeing Penny anymore in “The Prestidigitation Approximation.” In the season four finale, Penny revealed to Raj that she'd screwed up, that Leonard was a great guy and that she never should have broken up with him.

Other notable moments of season four include Penny and Leonard pretending to be a couple again for Penny's father Wyatt in “The Boyfriend Complexity” where he whole heartedly approved of Leonard as a boyfriend for Penny, not to mention a husband and baby daddy. As well, in “The Love Car Displacement”, Leonard and Penny nearly violated the neutral zone in a hotel bed together.

Season five saw Leonard breaking up with Priya, and he and Penny attempting to rekindle their friendship. In “The Ornithophobia Diffusion”, Leonard and Penny went to a movie together as friends, leading to teasing admissions about their faults in their relationship along with jealous flirting.

Leonard & Penny 2.0:

Leonard and Penny got back together on January 19th, 2012 in “The Recombination Hypothesis.” Seeing each other across the hall, much like in The Pilot, Leonard reflected on their relationship and imagined what it would be like if he and Penny were to try dating again. Despite the catastrophic scenarios this yielded, he asked Penny out anyway. In the following episode, the two decided to put their relationship in a beta test, shaking out all the bugs (through hilariously disastrous bug reports to each other) until they had successfully created Leonard and Penny 2.0. This meant taking things slow, and kissing goodnight in the hallway and playing games of chess together.

In season five, episode twenty-three, “The Launch Acceleration”, Leonard and Penny decided to end the beta test and take things a little faster. See “Their Proposals” for the fallout.

Leonard and Penny began season six on shaky ground as Penny was unsure of what her feelings really were for Leonard. Despite this, she was unable to break up with him in “The Decoupling Fluctuation” and in the subsequent episode, found herself jealous of Leonard and Sheldon's new assistant Alex's lunch time banter. It made her limbic system take his pants off.

Penny regained confidence in hers and Leonard's relationship when she put more effort into it, visiting him at work in “The Holographic Excitation” and becoming moved by Leonard's passion for science and his attractive explanations of it. This led to them doing it in the TARDIS. Twice.

In the eighth episode of season six, “The 43 Peculiarity”, Penny finally told Leonard that she loved him. The deepness of their feelings for each other brought the two to tears, unable to discuss it or make a big deal about it in the moment.

The latter half of season six saw Penny dealing with a lot of her insecurities. In “The Egg Salad Equivalency” Penny confessed her jealousy over Alex and the anxiety that caused about her and Leonard's relationship, causing Leonard to reassure her and the two to snuggle. As well, in Penny faced further commitment issues in “The Spoiler Alert Segmentation” when she and Leonard tried unsuccessfully living together.

Overall, the two became much stronger with the couple working together to secure tenure for Leonard in “The Tenure Turbulence” and Penny discovering that her passion in life is Leonard in “The Closure Alternative.” The season ended with Leonard going away for four months on an expedition to the North Sea. This resulted in Leonard and Penny's first on screen mutual “I love you” before they parted at the airport.

Penny was missing Leonard all through the season seven premiere and was touched to learn that he made Sheldon promise to take care of her while he was away. In the subsequent episode, Leonard surprised Penny by coming home early, and the two continued going strong from where they left off. In the season seven episode six episode “The Romance Resonance”, Leonard challenged Penny to do something romantic for him after all of the romantic things he'd done for her. While her actual attempts failed miserably, this resulted in Penny revealing a box full of keepsakes that either came from Leonard and his sweet gestures or items that reminded her of him, demonstrating how much she loves him.

Leonard and Penny went through some rough patches as Penny attempted to kick start her acting career once and for all. Though this led to fights, Leonard showed his support for Penny through running lines with her in “The Indecision Amalgamation” and, most notably, buying Penny a new car when hers broke down so she could still get to auditions in “The Friendship Turbulence.” With all this in mind, it was no surprise when Stuart said that Leonard and Penny were the best couple he knew and that together they made one awesome person in “The Mommy Observation.”

Their Proposals⁛:

In season five, episode twenty-three “The Launch Acceleration”, Leonard proposed to Penny in bed in the heat of the moment. She refused and this led to some tension in their relationship for the next little while.

In season six, episode sixteen “The Tangible Affection” proof, Leonard attempted to propose to Penny when they saw her exboyfriend and friend get engaged to one-up them. After hashing out some of Penny's commitment issues, Leonard said that Penny could be the one to propose so the pressure was off. Just nothing on the Jumbo-Tron. He doesn't want people to see him cry like that.

In season seven, episode twelve “The Hesitation Ramifications”, Penny proposed to Leonard while drunk and sad about her part getting cut from an episode of NCIS. Leonard responded with “Uhh.” He seriously just said “Uhh.”
In season seven, episode twenty-two “The Proton Transmogrification”, Leonard wanted the proposal score to be evened, and goaded Penny into proposing again. He refused to give an answer, causing Penny to inadvertently propose again out of impatience. Leonard eventually said no. But about that second proposal ...

In season seven, episode twenty-three “The Gorilla Dissolution”, after getting fired from her movie, Penny suggested that she and Leonard get married, realizing that all she needed to be happy was Leonard, the stupid poptart. To make things a little more climactic, Leonard pulled out a ring and proposed, to which Penny said yes.

*In season nine, episode two “The Separation Oscillation”, Leonard got down on one knee and asked Penny Hofstadter to please stay married to him. And dammit, he topped the cheesiness for her.

Their Engagement⁛:

Leonard and Penny were engaged for all of season eight. They experienced some fear over marriage in season eight, episode three “The First Pitch Insufficiency” when they realized they have very little in common, but Leonard assuaged these worries by saying it just made him want to hold Penny's hand and work it out with her.

They also dealt with money issues in “The Expedition Approximation” and “The Fortification Implementation”, arguing over the new power dynamic Penny's job created in the relationship, but always sorting things out.

They went to prom together in “The Prom Equivalency”, dancing alone on the roof, and both claiming they would have asked each other to dance had they gone to each other's proms.

In “The Colonization Application” to avoid being old and boring, Leonard and Penny went all out on a canvas with body paint. It was an expression of their love and their butts.

Their Wedding⁛:

Leonard and Penny got married on September 21st, 2015 in “The Matrimonial Momentum.” Deciding in the season eight finale that they had nothing to lose, they set off to Vegas to elope. Even in the midst of Leonard confessing to kissing another women while drunk during his North Sea expedition, the two walked down the aisle and shared vows. Leonard believed that the universe had made him and Penny so that they could be together and make each other whole while Penny recited “You've Got a Friend in Me” to Leonard. Another argument ensued shortly after, but it led to Leonard and Penny's mutual realization in the subsequent episode that they were just afraid of losing each other. So they decided to just be together and consummated the marriage.

Full Wedding Album

Their Marriage⁛:

Leonard and Penny's marriage has been a relatively happy one. Although they've yet to move in on their own together, they've made living in 4A with Sheldon work. They've worked through issues in very quirky ways, most notably in “The Platonic Permutation” when Leonard put on Penny's orange lingerie and danced around to make up for reading her diary. In “The Sales Call Sublimation”, psychiatrist, Dr. Gallo, wondered if Penny wasn't perpetuating the same kind of relationship with Leonard that he and his mother had. As Penny worked through this possibility, she confessed to missing when life was simpler. Leonard and Penny seemed to tackle this issue in “The Valentino Submergence” when they attempted to regain their youth by being “young and fun”, running around 4A in Valentine's underwear, sounding horns and throwing confetti.

Their Babies⁛:

In The Positive Negative Reaction, after discovering that Howard and Bernadette were pregnant, Leonard and Penny discussed having their own children. While neither was interested in having them right away, they both agreed that they would be amazing parents.

Leonard/Penny Shipper Manifesto - Adult Content Notice
Adult Content Notice

The Favorite Episodes⁛

As voted by us!

Season one:

WINNER - The Tangerine Factor 2nd place The Peanut Reaction 3rd place The Middle Earth Paradigm

Season two:

WINNER - The Monopolar Expedition 2nd Place The Maternal Capacitance 3rd place The Cushion Saturation

Season three:

WINNER - The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation 2nd Place The Large Hadron Collision 3rd Place The Precious Fragmentation

Season four:

WINNER - Justice League Recombination 2nd place The Love Car Displacement 3rd place Boyfriend Complexity

Season five:

WINNER - The Recombination Hypothesis 2nd place The Beta Test Initiation 3rd place The Launch Acceleration

Season six:

WINNER - The Tangible Affection Proof 2nd place The Holographic Excitation 3rd place The Bon Voyage Reaction

Season seven:

WINNER - The Gorilla Dissolution 2nd place The Status Quo Combustion 3rd place The Proton Transmogrification

Season eight:

WINNER - The Graduation Transmission 2nd place The Prom Equivalency 3rd place The Colonization Application

Season nine:

WINNER - The Matrimonial Momentum 2nd place The Convergence Convergence 3rd place The Separation Oscillation

Season ten:

WINNER - The Conjugal Conjecture 2nd place The Birthday Synchronicity 3rd place The Cohabitation Experimentation

The Parallels⁛
Pilot and 100th Episode

Making French Toast

Laundry Room Advice

Recurring Moments⁛
Holding hands to the bedroom

Spaghetti and Salad Dinners

Doing Dishes

Chair sharing

Shipper Testimonials⁛

[I like] the fact that while they have obvious differences on the surface deep down they are very similar. They are both sweet, loving and caring individuals who are both looking for the love of their lives.
- LostInTime

They’re opposites, but they’re also the same in many ways. They both have stuff to learn from each other and stuff to teach each other, but at the same time have always had enough in common to still have fun together and talk to each other and, most importantly, support each other.
- Magical Turkey

They're opposites. It sounds cliche and overused but I love that about them. He's the geek that thinks he'd never get the girl and she's the beautiful popular one. But when they met, it changed things so much because Penny loved hanging out with the guys, even when she wasn't as smart and Leonard always had feelings for her. I love that they fell in love
- missygurl88

My wife, of 35 years, and I met and became friends within a group. We were friends for about a year, then dated for almost a year. Broke up, stayed friends, dated others, were cheated on, depended on each other for support, then started dating again, leading to our marriage. Watching this couple has been like watching, so far, a six year slice of my life.
- Tensor

I love Leonard and Penny because they are adorable! Because he gave her a snowflake and a heart shaped locket, and she keeps a box of stuff collected through their relationship. Because she tried hard to be romantic for him and he tried to learn about football for her. Because the cat never died. Because they haven’t let all the crap thrown at them - in the shape of bad timed proposals and man-stealing interns - come between them and have become a stronger couple for it. Because they have taught each other so much about love and life and relationships, and because they support each other 100%, even if they don’t always show it properly. Because they love each other, and because they did it in the TARDIS. Twice!
- I.Am.Molly

What I love most about Leonard and Penny is that they love each other for who they are; something both of them had issues with growing up to different extents. We've seen them grow as individuals, and now we're seeing them grow together. They're realizing just how much they need each other to survive. And while Leonard was always more obvious with his feelings, Penny's were slower in showing. But when we see her box of Leonard-related memories, it proves that even if she never understood it, her feelings toward him were just as strong. Their journey is real and exciting, for both the characters and those who support them.
- TerribleWaitress

Leonard and Penny have been described as “the heart of the show”, and no matter what else happens, it all comes back to them. Kaley’s said that they can’t survive without each other and I really believe that’s true.
- WeBuiltThePyramids

Leonard and Penny have always been such a fun and adorable pairing, and as their relationship has progressed we also keep seeing how real they are. Not everything is perfect, and they fight from time to time; it's not a fairytale romance, it's a real life love that shows work and growth involved, and so far Leonard and Penny have been up to this task every time, and are getting stronger each time for it. They love each other, and can't survive without each other, and, overall, that message is always present in their scenes.
- SargeantFuzzyBoots

They’re from completely different worlds, and I was surprised when I first found out that they’d dated, but they just work so well together, and clearly care deeply for one another.
- ennaxor

I love Leonard so much...he's such a sweet, nice, funny, smart guy and I think Penny is lucky to have found such a great guy. I think there is no question why she loves this guy.... as for him loving her. It goes far beyond her beauty. I saw it throughout the first season..the way he smiles whenever she laughs or is intrigued by the nerdisms, her witty come backs, and just how much she really cares. Their interests may not be the same (although I have noticed that they have found some common ones and are working on some together), but their souls are. I love watching them struggle and grow as characters and as a couple.
- activia

Probably the cutest and best written couple in the history of TV.
- FileXxX

I love Leonard and Penny because it seems like a real and honest relationship. I feel like their relationship has aspects of one you would find in real life and I appreciate that. They may have broken up at times but in the end, they can make it through anything. Both of them are so cute together and it makes me proud to say that I am a Leonard/Penny shipper!
- What's a hickey?

The thing that sells me is that the geek can get the girl. Even though it’s probably old by now, I always loved that concept, and just smile whenever I think that he actually got the girl of his dreams. […] They aren’t overdone, and their relationship is more about the comedy and adorableness, rather than the drama, and that is very refreshing.
- haley880

The idea of the geek finally getting the girl of his dreams. It proves that anyone can get what they want if they work hard. I love Leonard, he's the sweetest person on earth!
- TizzyGaGaBlank

After watching their romantic relationship play out in Season 3, I feel the Leonard/Penny relationship is one of the most realistically written television relationships on air right now. All their fights, disagreements, apologies, discussions, etc were kept completely in character, were very similar to common disagreements in geek/non-geek relationships, and always made sense in the context of the show.
- AisicsRule

Ok, so why I love Leonard and Penny? I love them because they're one of my first ships. I love that they're best friends and the love of each other's lives. I believe that a good relationship starts off with a stable and honest friendship. I rewatched the first few seasons recently and I was surprised how shy Leonard was and how naive Penny was about relationships. They've grown so much together. I love all the moments they have had over the past 9 seasons. I love the Schrodinger's Cat stuff, the Snowflake, the locket, how they did it in the (twice!), the ILY, the wedding vows, the Beta Test and the botched proposals and all the good relationshippy stuff. I love them because it's them. They work so well together. They work through their problems together, they have each other's back and I think that's a great thing to have in partner that's also your best friend.
- loveofallnerdythings394

I remember that right away, I loved how Leonard and Penny were so different but both sweet, trying to understand each other's world. We could see that Leonard was trying really hard to "get out" of his bubble, and Penny is not creeped out by those nerds, she's all nice and happy.
- fantomette

Since they met, they were destined to be together. Seeing a guy who's a nerd and has a crush in his neighboor [his imposible love], who also loves him but he doesn't know that, I just had the option of falling in love with those two. Also, they do know that they belong together.
-gigilove

The moment that cemented their status as my favorite television pairing was when Leonard gave her the snowflake in the third season premiere. It was such a simple gesture that had so much romance behind it. That one moment showed that Leonard would do anything for Penny.
- amandapanda222

Since the first time I saw them, I liked the chemistry between Leonard and*Penny. It's the mix of a fairytale, they belong together since the pilot, and a real relationship with all the goods and difficulties.
Beside their differences, they both have big hearts, take care of the others and have a good sense of humour. The love they have for each other is very profound and sincere, and no*matter*what*happen they share the same vision of life and always look together in the same direction. Like Stuart said, "they make each other better, together they make one awesome person"

- soundsgood

Their relationship has so many aspects you can find in real life. It's this normal and non-fairytale-like approach, and the genuine and honest feel of this relationship, that I love so much.
- *luminous*

The Past⁛
{001} {002} {003} {004} {005} {006} {007} {008} {009} {010}
{011} {012} {013} {014} {015} {016} {017} {018} {019} {020}
{021} {022} {023} {024} {025} {026} {027} {028} {029} {030}
{031} {032} {033} {034} {035} {036} {037} {038} {039} {040}
{041} {042} {043} {044} {045} {046} {047} {048} {049} {050}
{051} {052} {053} {054} {055} {056} {057} {058} {059} {060}
{061} {062} {063} {064} {065} {066} {067} {068} {069} {070}
{071} {072} {073} {074} {075} {076} {077} {078} {079} {080}
{081} {082} {083} {084} {085} {086} {087} {088} {089} {090}
{091} {092} {093} {094} {095} {096} {097} {098} {099} {100}
{101} {102} {103} {104} {105} {106} {107} {108} {109} {110}
{111} {112} {113} {114} {115} {116} {117} {118} {119} {120}
{121} {122} {123} {124} {125} {126} {127} {128} {129} {130}
{131} {132} {133} {134} {135} {136} {137} {138} [139} {140}
{141} {142} {143} {144} {145} {146} {147} {148} {149} {150}
{151} {152} {153} {154} {155} {156} {157} {158} {159} {160}
{161} {162} {163} {164} {165} {166} {167} {168} {169} {170}
{171} {172} {173} {174} {175} {176} {177} {178} {179} {180}
{181} {182} {183} {184} {185} {186} {187} {188} {189} {190}
{191} {192} {193} {194} {195} {196} {197} {198} {199} {200}
{201} {202} {203} {204} {205} {206} {207} {208} {209} {210}
{211}

The Videos⁛
Hey Little Girl by dudeNchief
More Than a Friend by dudeNchief
Accidentally in Love by lenaguffi
She's Making Me Lose My Grip by jailynn25
You're Pretty Good Lookin' (For A Girl)
August
Everytime We Touch
I've Just Seen a Face by ennaxor
Some Hearts by TizzyGaGaBlank
Last Kiss by xJenWith1nx

Current Moment⁛

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~

Last edited by *luminous*; 09-29-2017 at 06:11 AM
Old 09-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Supreme Fan

TFTNT! Hoping to see lots of LP cuteness.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! can't believe it's been so long!

Old 09-23-2017, 01:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
TFTNT! can't believe it's been so long!
I can't believe it either. Time flies!
Old 09-23-2017, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Martin!

Time flies yes, I'm glad we have two more seasons, because I'm not ready to let them go.
I like the current 'current moment', I just melt each time I see Penny saying "how incredibly happy you are me"
~Laurence~
Old 09-24-2017, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

Today's the day! Exactly ten years ago Leonard first met Penny. The cat was put in the box, and it's still alive.

~Martin~

Last edited by *luminous*; 09-24-2017 at 04:29 AM Reason: typo
Old 09-24-2017, 03:47 AM
Supreme Fan

These two truly are a gift. I'm glad I picked them as my OTP.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT.

Donna
Old 09-24-2017, 08:44 AM
New Fan

New chapter

New chapter of my story is out for those interested:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1263555...-Morning-After
Old 09-24-2017, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Time to celebrate! 10 years TBBT, 10 years Leonard and Penny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyes9 (View Post)
New chapter of my story is out for those interested:
Thanks. Just read and reviewed it.

~Martin~
Old 09-24-2017, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

10 years we are waiting for the smart and beautiful to come

Thanks Martin, I love this pic. I would have love to see Leonard and Penny going to Karaoke in Korea Town
~Laurence~
Old 09-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my gosh I love that pic.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Can't believe it's been ten years.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

TFTNT!

I still can't believe it's been ten years either.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 09-25-2017, 03:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
10 years we are waiting for the smart and beautiful to come
Soon?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread