Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2017, 03:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I also love how they both forgot it was their anniversary. I'm not big on mushy anniversary things (most of the time) and too often one half of a couple forgetting causes tension, and with them they're both like CRAP OOPS.

They still figured it out. It was cute.

And yes to the cake covered Penny. She's like me after sports. Eating all the things.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I also love how they both forgot it was their anniversary. I'm not big on mushy anniversary things (most of the time) and too often one half of a couple forgetting causes tension, and with them they're both like CRAP OOPS.
On that note, remember last season where Penny had the fantasy of how she wished Leonard was more romantic like he used to be, and not taking her for granted?

While this might not be Leonard dressed up, lights out w/candles, wine, pizza bagels, and quoting NSYNC. Leonard did get some cake & balloons, to show he was thinking of her in light of the recent events. Which is for the most part, what she wants. To know he's not taking her for granted!
Old 09-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Very true! They're definitely in a better place than they were then. (Though I still think it was ridiculous how bad things suddenly were out of nowhere that episode....)
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 09-27-2017, 09:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Very true! They're definitely in a better place than they were then. (Though I still think it was ridiculous how bad things suddenly were out of nowhere that episode....)
I don't think things were that bad. Just Penny's perception of Leonard in a post marital state where he's less formal around her caught her off guard, and she didn't quite know how to process it. It's not unheard of for married couples to have a bad reaction to coming down from the honeymoon/infatuation phase.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meka3000 (View Post)
I don't think things were that bad. Just Penny's perception of Leonard in a post marital state where he's less formal around her caught her off guard, and she didn't quite know how to process it. It's not unheard of for married couples to have a bad reaction to coming down from the honeymoon/infatuation phase.
It happens that's true, but still, it was coming out of blue, and very OC for Leonard.
The Leonard we saw this week is the one we've always seen, attentive and taking care of Penny
~Laurence~
Old 09-28-2017, 05:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
It happens that's true, but still, it was coming out of blue, and very OC for Leonard.
The Leonard we saw this week is the one we've always seen, attentive and taking care of Penny
Eh, the same Leonard that said he wouldn't laugh at Penny's revelation in the psychic vortex did it anyways. From there he continued to be inconsiderate of her beliefs, and a huge jerk in that episode. Sure moments like that we're few and far between, but it doesn't seem like a huge stretch IMO; for the Leonard in that episode, to be the same Leonard who went through a lazy phase.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
for the Leonard in that episode, to be the same Leonard who went through a lazy phase.
Yeah, I do believe he went through a phase. It happens all the time and it's kind of a cliche.

The end of the story is he learned (or he remembered) this is not how you treat your lady.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
And how okay they suddenly were on that subject right after.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Eh, the same Leonard that said he wouldn't laugh at Penny's revelation in the psychic vortex did it anyways. From there he continued to be inconsiderate of her beliefs, and a huge jerk in that episode. Sure moments like that we're few and far between, but it doesn't seem like a huge stretch IMO; for the Leonard in that episode, to be the same Leonard who went through a lazy phase.
I don't think it's the same. Leonard laughing at Penny because of her beliefs was very IC, specially during the first three seasons, he would probably control himself better now.
Leonard being lazy with his wife next to him is out of character, it was believable when they do the same thing with Howard, 1. because Howard, 2. because he was with Raj and Stuart.
~Laurence~
Old 09-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Old 09-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hahahaha yesssss.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Supreme Fan

This reminds me of the episode where she eats all the Halloween candy. And the fact that she didn't want to give up the cake.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
Leonard being lazy with his wife next to him is out of character
I'd agree on that if I thought Leonard thought he was offending penny by coming off as lazy to her. But given that Penny has shown at times to be lazy herself; what incentive did he have to believe that him belching in his tighty whities would offend her?
Old 09-29-2017, 03:14 AM
New Fan

Please add me to the snugglers
Old 09-29-2017, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyes9 (View Post)
Please add me to the snugglers
I have added you. You are snuggler #187.

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread