Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
Okay just to put in my opinion of S8 now that it's long over

I thought that it was a pretty good season overall. The highlight of this season for me is definitively the progress in Shamy (ILY2, FWF, almost adopting turtle, hugging, fort, G-rated sleepover, MAKING OUT and RING just all of this is )

It also had great moments of comedy and sweetness and I thought the sudden death of Mrs. Wolowitz was handled beautifully (may Carol Ann Susi RIP )

On the more critical side, I thought that there was often a lack of balance between the characters. Often there would be Shamy/Lenny with the A plot and R/H/B with the less significant B plot. There also weren't really any ensemble episodes

While Sheldon is my fav character, I do share the popular opinion that TBBT can often turn into the Sheldon Show, to the detriment of the developments of the other characters. TBBT has a great cast overall and it would be lovely if they could give every character a chance to shine in an episode that centers around them.

Anyway these are just some of my thoughts on this season, which is kinda special to me in the sense that this is the first season that I watched while it was still ongoing
I think season eight had its moments, but it also had some episodes I didn't like that much. I also felt that my favorite characters were shoved in the background too many times. Pretty much everything stayed the same. I just feel like they could've done a way better job at balancing the storytelling of all the characters.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
I think season eight had its moments, but it also had some episodes I didn't like that much. I also felt that my favorite characters were shoved in the background too many times. Pretty much everything stayed the same. I just feel like they could've done a way better job at balancing the storytelling of all the characters.
Here's to hoping to a better, more balanced season 9!
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Yes - in reality it's unlikely that all of these characters would find partners. But how many other shows stretch belief in similar ways? I think if they had kept the characters single - and lonely - it would have quickly become depressing, and probably boring. I doubt that real life for geeky scientists is all that funny, even for those of us who are geeks.

It's not as though the show is about nothing but the relationships, either. It's still about how the things that get the geeks excited - including Amy and Bernadette - is quite different from the things that non-geeks get excited about. We've seen the girls do their own version of cosplay at Disneyland, and we've seen that Amy dabbles in fan fiction. We've seen some wonderful bromance moments with Sheldon and Leonard meeting Prof. Proton, and venturing on to George Lucas' estate (or was it Spielberg?) and getting all excited about that without involving their ladies. And Raj and Howard still get into all sorts of crazy situations, despite the fact that Howard is married.
Mmm.You do make a good point.Also Bernadette and Amy are quite geeky themselves and the dynamics of the relationships are not the typical comedy show ones.I will admit I might be wrong about couples damaging the show.Some of us are slow to accept change
RansfordRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:05 PM
New Fan

Season 8

Some of you have started to summarise about season or series 8 so I thought I would join in.I did enjoy alot of the series.Some highlights were:

▪Raj getting cut off financial for a while by his dad
▪The visit to Lucas Ranch
▪Penny getting a new job
▪,Will Whedon, appearing more,such as his internet show.

But the whole Howard's mum dying story left me torn.Should it be included in a comedy show.Correct me if Im wrong but its the only or the very few death related stories ever shown in the show.I can not remember if the death of Sheldons favourite tv scientist got much of a mention.The death of Howard's mum put a downer on a few episodes. Maybe the writers,producers could have just acknowledged the death of the actress playing that character by mentioning it in the credits or before one of the episodes.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:09 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Okay just to put in my opinion of S8 now that it's long over

I thought that it was a pretty good season overall. The highlight of this season for me is definitively the progress in Shamy (ILY2, FWF, almost adopting turtle, hugging, fort, G-rated sleepover, MAKING OUT and RING just all of this is )

It also had great moments of comedy and sweetness and I thought the sudden death of Mrs. Wolowitz was handled beautifully (may Carol Ann Susi RIP )

On the more critical side, I thought that there was often a lack of balance between the characters. Often there would be Shamy/Lenny with the A plot and R/H/B with the less significant B plot. There also weren't really any ensemble episodes

While Sheldon is my fav character, I do share the popular opinion that TBBT can often turn into the Sheldon Show, to the detriment of the developments of the other characters. TBBT has a great cast overall and it would be lovely if they could give every character a chance to shine in an episode that centers around them.

Anyway these are just some of my thoughts on this season, which is kinda special to me in the sense that this is the first season that I watched while it was still ongoing
Sheldon is the kind of character that would actually in reality due to his flaws would dominate situations,so TBBT being Sheldon heavy does make sense but I get what you mean
Old 07-10-2015, 11:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Here's to hoping to a better, more balanced season 9!

Who are your favourite characters
Old 07-11-2015, 12:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansfordRowe (View Post)
Who are your favourite characters
I like all the characters in general but my favs are Sheldon and the three girls

What about you?
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
What also helps with the believability is how all of the relationships developed in different ways and at their own paces - each relationship on its own makes sense for the characters involved.
This is sort of what I was thinking. I don't think the writers set out at any point to get all the characters paired off. Each individual relationship just happened 'organically'.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
What also helps with the believability is how all of the relationships developed in different ways and at their own paces - each relationship on its own makes sense for the characters involved.
I like how Bernadette knew that she that wanted to be with Howard and how she wanted to get married to Howard before he went to space. I like how Sheldon said that he had feelings for Amy even though it took him several years to tell Amy that he has feelings for her and that he loves her. I like how Leonard and Penny took seven years to get engage. I like how Raj is still deciding what type of women he likes. Also I like how all four couples are still working out their problems.
socialfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread