Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

yup I agree with keepsmiings wise words too! How much would it lighten our RL loads if Jason got a TV show. I so hope he cleaned up to do that. ie cut off that awful beard.

I am beyond curious who was having that party where those 3 would show up!!!

I am SO happy for Mlette ML they seem to be a great couple! I hope things work out for her....she so deserves happiness!

I did not realize you were planning on 3 months in Florida!!??!!?? Yikes. That is a long time. I guess good timing to really see how dad it doing. It sounds like you are staying with him? The retirement home where mom was at ( in their total care unit) had wifi in the retirement part...where the independent living was so if they have that there could be wifi in some part of the facility. We might not see you all winter? I hope not.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Total Fan

ML.........I couldn't exist without Wi-Fi
and all of the current technology. Maybe you'll find it available for your visit. How lucky you are to have a condo to escape to in the cold winter weather.
Seems like John and MLettie have a very nice relationship going on. His family seems very accepting of her and includes her in everything. That's a good sign.

PODMOM........are you still leading the Bible Study? We are going to take a break with ours for the month of December. Christmas time just gets too busy, and our leader will be having all of her family together so she would like to devote her time to them for a change. How did the birthday parties go?
Old 11-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

I'm not staying with Dad, he's in the assisted living, but we're going to stay in his (vacant) condo - we might end up selling it for him, while we're down there, or fixing it up to sell. Not sure what he wants to do. Well, middle of January to middle March is only 2 months, really - want to be home before April for my birthday!

Don't worry, you won't be rid of me that easily! I might bring my Kindle too (hate typing on it) and I can post from a Starbucks or Au Bon Pain or somewhere with free wifi. ;>
We'll probably try to buy a short-term package and then cancel it! shrug.

John is going to some family party out of state so Mlette is coming to the Christmas bazaar the Little Sisters hold every year, to fund their old age home. They are so nice; it's a family tradition! Last year, John bought a bazillion tickets to try to win a big jar of Lindt chocolate balls (alas, he didn't win!)

We're going to see Aunt Millie next week too (who just turned 92!) before the holiday season heats up and gets too busy (and the snow cools down and makes travel more iffy). Mr ML hasn't even thought about the fact that we'll be travelling in the winter when we go (at least until we hit summer in the South)

Oh Mrs Boss informed me today that she and the editor of my Journal are planning to give me a fancy dinner at an expensive restaurant at the hotel near the hospital for my retiring - Never been there, nice of them! LOL, she didn't mention when it was going to happen (and she still wants me to keep working for her, part time.. )
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-09-2017, 06:11 AM
Total Fan

ML.......that fancy dinner for your retirement sounds very nice and I am sure you deserve every bit of it. You'll have to send us all of the details.

Piper, our "great" will be coming back next weekend for the Junior League Christmas Affair. I bought tickets for her to have lunch with Santa and take part in a petting zoo. Hubby really misses her when she isn't around so I'm so glad they take the time to come see the old folks.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Lunch with Santa and petting zoo - she will have a 'great' time! Aww, it's good the kids come around and bring the little ones. I am so sad that it looks like we aren't getting any grandkids at all. Grandkids are sort of the consolation for being old!

Poor MLette got sick driving to work, had to pull her car over/barf on the highway, banged up her tire. She called and sounded so upset. But she was there whenI got home after work and she was fine/back to her old self again. Poor kid! I told her it's time for a new car!

Happy Anniversary to Jason and KaDee today! 11 years, is that possible?!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-11-2017, 08:00 AM
Total Fan

ML..........hope MLettie is okay. That must have been a scary situation for her.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, she was good. And has decided it's time to trade in that car for a new one (it has 100,000 miles on it!) It's her first car, and she has a long commute to work and she needs a reliable safe ride.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

That is an apt phrase ML about grandkids being a consolation for old age. You do have a great way with words. When you said Mlette got sick on the drive ( I'm sorry for that hard time ) I immediately thought...maybe she is pregnant. I guess not. That party in NYC that Liz went to was an engagement party for her last unmarried college friend. She is 37 and planning to start trying right away. Girls start late these days. Maybe it isn't totally out of the realm of possibilities.

I'm glad you will still hang here this winter!!!! Are you considering working part time for Mrs Boss? You of course deserve the most expensive dinner out!!! I bet you get filet

keepsmiling it is wonderful that little Piper ( still in love with that name!) and her parents visit as often as they do you are so fortunate to get to know a great grandchild. You and our Wen had kids that cooperated and had their kids young enough Have fun with Santa and the zoo
Old 11-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM...........I agree that WEN and I are fortunate that we get to see and enjoy great grandchildren. I've said before and will say again, if I die tomorrow I've had three great blessings. One to see my daughter as a grandmother, my son to give his daughter away in marriage and to see Piper and all of the precious things three year olds do.

ML........does it seems like this month is going very, very fast!?

Hi WEN......hope things are going well for you......and little Brayden.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling Those are three amazing blessings .... I wish you even more! I'm sure your family counts you as a huge blessing too

So I survived my 3 days at Liz's helping with the kids. Kinda I was just getting a cold Wednesday night ( I'm hoping it was Grace's so I don't give her yet another cold..it was a pretty long incubation though if it was hers) So I was sick and wearing a mask a lot of the time to thwart maybe anyone getting my cold. We shall see but that is so uncomfortable. I don't know how surgeons do it every day I came home early Sunday to limit exposure and thank goodness Liz and Walter came home late ( around 1:30am) Saturday night. Liz was afraid Grace would wake up ( which she did at 4) and for sure not go back for me.....too used to mommy and nursing ( yes still) so that would have really done me in! As it was I was shot and snuck home early before Grace got up. Layed around all day yesterday when I got home. Coughing badly but after resting yesterday and today I am getting much better. Podad came Saturday morning and stayed till I got Grace down thank goodness.....the kids love when he comes....we have more fun ...playing hide and seek ( Grace was so cute with that) and being outside in the freezing cold ( that didn't help my cold :p ) ..then he drove home the hour drive at 10 and I stayed up till they got home late. Shwew. Now I have to gear up for the bachelorette business ( Liz might not do that) and the wedding in May....ugg that will be overnight. Hopefully Grace is weaned by then!!

ML,Wen and maybe Mezz
Old 11-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM.....you remind me of our teacher friends that were always catching colds and what ever was going around from their students. I hope you have had some time now to rest and recuperate. Speak of blessings, Liz and her family have the largest blessing yet to have you available to help out so much.

Hi ML and WEN.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling relative to how much nose wiping I do there every week I am doing good cold wise I never ever caught my kids germs literally ever I guess being older has had an impact

Yes we are all fortunate I am able to help so much...physically and financially ( not working) I am always thankful and am praying I can help Emily with this new grandchild. Of course it will be harder with her farther away and it is a nasty drive but at least I get off the beltway fast at her new place. As I type she has construction crew remodeling their little basement to make a bedroom and another bathroom so I will have a place to stay away from their 3 little bedrooms upstairs...thank goodness!

Emily had her first Drs appointment...so far all is well. Due date between end of June and beginning of July...July 4th would be fun
Old 11-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Total Fan

That's great PODMOM.......looks like Emily and her husband are already planning for you to come and help out. Hope all goes well for her and that is a good and easy experience. Keep us posted!
Old 11-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

It did cross my mind, the mysterious sickness, that maybe Mlette was getting a baby but maybe it was just foodpoisoning! As I said, I don't even know if they want kids (or to get engaged/married) - no idea.

She looked at Toyotas, which she has now, but is now thinking about a Subaru, which is also very good in the snow (and has heated seats). I'm so itching to help her buy the car/shop with her/do research, but I have to let her be a grownup and do this stuff. We both know that John is useless as a 'haggler' - I bet his Dad would be good, but he's out of town. She needs a new/safe car STAT! His mom wanted her to drive their car (and be safe) but she felt funny about it. Better to feel funny than have your tires fall off! I said she should drive John's car, and he could take hers, as he has a tiny commute - he coud probably walk to work, and she has to drive really far.

Sorry you have been sick PodMom and going back and forth and caring for the little ones - I'm not surprised you flopped down to rest as soon as you got home! That's exhausting, even when you aren't well. Yes, wearing masks is very uncomfortable! I don't know how surgeons do it either.

Well, the fancy lunch was cancelled today because Mr Boss got whisked to the hospital again. He was in the ICU, at death's door, but got better and went home and, well, now he's back again. He's not well. I was sort of dreading/looking forward to this lunch - so now it's postponed. Or may never happen, who knows?

In the meanwhile, I told the nurses down the hall I was leaving and I wanted a make-your-own sundae farewell ice cream party and they said they'd organize that for me! Sometimes you have to ask for what you want!

I have six papers left to edit before I go (and 10 days left) so in pretty good shape. But I'll need some time to pack stuff up/throw stuff out etc. The month is both flying and crawling by... and of course next week is Thanksgiving. We have a 14 lb turkey in the freezer, and I need to bake some pies and we need to get potatoes, yams etc etc. for the Feast!

Dad sounds REALLY happy at the assisted living! Because it's his choice, he's making an effort to participate in the activities and enjoy everything as much as possible. Plus they are driving him back and forth to all his (many) doctor appointments. He sounded really good, which made my heart happy!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-15-2017, 06:19 AM
Total Fan

ML........good news about your dad. Sounds like he has adjusted very well to this new stage in his life.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread