Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2017, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling I'm sure I was inattentive and missed it. My sister lived in Ann Arbor while her husband did his internship I think at the university there. That is far north especially for Texans. I hope your preparing for the next shift is going well.

ML Dad is safe and that is what is so important. I hope he recoups well!!!! I talked a bit more on that on another thread. How sweet Mlette comes to watch DWTSs with you and that they brought you chocolate I need to catch up on DWTSs

wishing us all a

Old 10-31-2017, 08:17 AM
Total Fan

ML.........so now you have a date, December 1st. Congratulations.......or condolences? Now you will be free to visit or take care of your dad. I was sorry to hear of his recent hospital stay. But isn't it good to be in a facility where he is checked on?
Old 10-31-2017, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling
Old 10-31-2017, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Yes, it is a big relief that others are looking after Dad. G-d willing he stays well and can enjoy living there for awhile.

Oh I don't think condolences are in order, I'm very happy about retiring December 1st. Although maybe I'll regret it later (sure I'll miss those paychecks).

It's so nice that MLette comes sometimes for Dancing with the Stars. It was a good one last night, their Halloween episode. Only about 3 or 4 weeks left to that, I know it gets done before Thanksgiving.

Halloween tonight and all my Tues night shows are on (NCIS, This is Us) but have to run down to the door and give out candy, too. I hope we get some kids and they are cute! I love to see their costumes and how serious they are about trick or treat.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Dad's assisted living called and he's going 'home' from the hospital today. Yay! I told my Uncle, that he'd lost 10 lbs of water-weight, and he emailed back it was more like 25-lbs! He'll be slim as a supermodel when he gets back there. I hope he'll stay healthy for awhile now, in 'Thrive' and, well, thrive.

I was SO stressed about Halloween - I don't know why I stress out so much about holidays, wanting to 'do them right' and them to be perfect. I was so cross - late getting home from work, Barbara showed up for tea, when the trick or treaters were ringing the bell (and she should have been home across the street, giving out her own candy) - I can't run down the stairs fast enough to answer the door before the kids leave (we live on the second floor), so I took a pillow (and a magazine) and sat on the step inside the front door and waited for them, with the bucket of candy. Then Mr ML took a shift. We put the lights out at 8 pm, though, so I could watch my Tues shows.

I don't know why I thought Halloween was so much fun! Next year, I"m not decorating and keeping the lights off! And I bought WAY too much candy, I have bags of it left over.

Now I have to take all the decorations off the dining room table and put them away again, because Mr ML has his poker night Friday and needs the table!

Happy November, all! I have 20 more days to work until retirement (and 21 papers left to edit)...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

I have candy left over too uh oh....of course I am eating some.

We have way less kids then years gone by. All the little ones are grown up we got some though and it was a beautiful evening. I had been to Liz's so much and going tomorrow so I decided to have her face time us so we could see baby Grace and not go plus who would give out candy here? Such a cute age. She had a ball. Big sister was Moana Tommy had an amazing storm trooper outfit his good friend at school gave him for his birthday. Grace had a cute pink piggy outfit she was "the pig" from Moanna kind of. The best news is that Anna Lee went to trick or treat with a new little friend from her new school. That is SO huge since she has had trouble making friends. Tommy went with his friend ( 2 storm troupers) so they both had a friend! Grace and Liz went with Anna Lee and those kids and Grace kept up the whole time and wouldn't let Liz carry her. She loves to be outside at night so she was way happy.

Those 20 days will fly by ML!! Cool. I think you'll love it. Yea the money will be a shock but we want to enjoy some years while we can still move around
Old 11-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Total Fan

Another Halloween has come and gone. Our neighborhood is definitely an old one. Several years ago we realized we had no more little ones, only teenagers that didn't even dress up and came to the door with large pillow cases. That's when we started going "dark". And yes, we had to quit buying all the good candy, because we were eating it all.

Here Halloween has turned into such an adult event. With all young adults going downtown to entertainment districts to parade around and drink. They all have a good time down there and don't bother me.

Most of our grandkids are now in the adult stage, so I don't get to see pictures of cute little costumes.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Yea Emily and Robbie got dressed up and had get togethers with their friends and had fun and I loved seeing the pictures of all the young people having fun.

So I have some big news..... it is very early and God willing things proceed but Emily is pregnant so prayers for things to go well would be much appreciated.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM.........I'll keep Emily in my prayers, hoping for good news soon.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Shoot, just lost my whole post (typing on stupid new laptop). SIGH. Ah, trying the remote mouse/keyboard, and it works a lot better! Ahh

Woohoo on the good news about Em PodMom another grandbaby, soo exciting!! Prayers all goes well for her, as it's early days yet.

It's true, keepsmiling Halloween seems to be dying out, as far as trick or treat is concerned, and who wants to give out candy to big teenagers with no costumes and pillowcases for loot?!

As Dad seems not to have a phone or computer yet, there is no way to get in touch with him. I'm thinking about writing him a letter.

Mr ML and I went to the orchid show this morning. It was really nice, but I didn't bring a camera; Oh, well I took lots of flower pictures last year. I held myself back too and didn't buy any plants, because the little orchid I bought last year at that show is dead and gone already . I went to a talk on repotting orchids, bought a bag of potting mix, and went home and repotted two orchids. I hope they are happy/don't die!

Yes, the time is going to fly until I'm done. Oh, Mr ML had poker night and he set the next game for Dec 1 - the day I retired. I was sort of miffed, I don't know why.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-05-2017, 06:40 AM
Total Fan

ML.........I love orchids too, but have never been able to keep them alive for any period of time. One time in Hawaii we saw the most beautiful orchid display, and hubby took thousands of pictures. At least we have pictures and I don't have to water or care for the plants.

Time will be flying for ML this month, especially with all of the paper work and final plans, throw in Thanksgiving to boot.

Hi PODMOM and WEN.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

keepsming and ML Thanks for those prayers for Emily and the tiny baby.

ML Will dad ever have a phone? Could you call the nice neighbor and ask him to see dad and report back? I know he did so so much and that might feel like pushing him too much Nerve wracking yo not be able to get in touch. I hope that resolves soon.

Well I don't blame you for being a little hurt. It seems like a nice dinner out or something to celebrate would be in order. You probably have that date in your head way more than he does. Go out the next night and ask Mlette and John

edited to come back with this in case you don't go on other threads

Last edited by podmom; 11-06-2017 at 07:23 AM
Old 11-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

OMG a Roswell reunion with kids! What a great picture! I wonder what the occasion was? A sight for very sore eyes, to see them all again.

My sister-in-law called Thrive and found out what the hold up was with the phone (Dad wanted to keep his old number Comcast had to get Centurylink to okay that) and his phone is going in tomorrow/Tuesday. Then today Dad just called me - he went to the front desk and asked to borrow the woman's cell phone to let me know he was okay! Haven't been able to talk to him for a week! And of course he didn't know the nurse had called me, or that Theresa had called about the phone etc. In fact, I sat down and wrote him a letter yesterday - lol. His brother, Uncle Fred, was concerned too (they talk or Skype every Sunday night). It was good to hear his voice, although he's not used to cellphones and had some trouble hearing me and vice versa. He did lose 25 lbs of water weight in the hospital and he said they are weighing him every day, and he's only gained 2 or 3 lbs back, so that's very good. They really are taking very good care of him at the new place, watching his diet, etc. So glad he is safe and being looked after and I hope comfortable. New we just have to get him a phone (and a computer!) :>

Huh, boss's secretary invited me to the Christmas party and I said I would be retired then (plus it was the first night of Hanukah) and she called and had no idea I was retiring December 1st! Huh, I guess Mrs Boss never mentioned it. So we need to get together and need to give her all sorts of stuff for Mrs Boss. shrug. Three more weeks! (Minus Thanksgiving).

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I was walking to my office from Mrs. Boss's office in the main hospital and there on the lawn were two wild turkeys! In downtown Boston! I couldn't believe my eyes.

Yes, that's what Mr ML said, he'd take me out to dinner/we'd have the rest of our retirement to celebrate but that DAY has been on the calendar as a goal/special day for awhile now and it kind of was stinky for him to play a night (for himself) on that day. Oh well..

keepsmiling orchids are easier to keep than they used to be, I think (and a lot cheaper now that they clone them), but they don't grow for everybody- they are finicky about light/temperature/water etc. They are so strange and beautiful, though. I found an empty pot the right size in the back hall and repotted a third orchid. I think it will be happier - it had a huge root coming right out the bottom of the pot - I had to get snips and snip the old plastic pot away, so as not to rip off the big roots. I repotted my big orchids last year but I put them in the same (too small) pots, and I really need to repot them again properly, now that I know how and have the stuff (just need to find the right pot). I am so sick of the rest of the houseplants, I'm seriously thinking about throwing them all away (straggly Christmas cactus, etc). One plant isnt' even mine, it was my mother-in-laws (and she's been dead over 30 years) so, yeh, I think I could get rid of that! Can't move all these plants when we relocated (I'll just bring the orchids. :>)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Total Fan

That is the greatest picture ever.......Liz, Max and Maria........and little kids hanging on to their parents. Just as I expected things to be as Roswell ended.
I am so glad they are all still in touch......after all that's where most of them started. Not too long ago I read an interview by Brendan. When asked what his favorite character had been since he started acting, of course he mentioned Drew on Night Shift, because the interview was advertising Night Shift. But he said he'd have to say Michael G. was one of his favorites.......because it did give him a start.

Now they all seem to appreciate that start and the fan base they have had since early Roswell days. It seemed like they wanted to get as far away from Roswell as they could, but a little maturity has proved different as their careers developed.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Wisely spoken keepsmiling, with time and distance the Roswell cast is appreciating their start there (well, maybe except Katherine H, who was always snobby about it - ahem). LOL, Majandra looks pouty and her kid looks pouty too. Shiri and Jason look so much the same - we could squint our eyes and pretend those are Max and Liz's kids (and Maria's with Michael)

Enjoyed my Dancing with the Stars last night; my daughter came over, and I had cleverly baked cookies the day before (chopped up the leftover mini Hershey bars from Halloween and put them into chocolate chip cookie, along with the regular chips - mm), so we could have some with tea (with Barbara), and then I sent her home with a bag of them. She seems happy; doing things with John and his family - his sister in NH is an artist and always seems to be having an art show or art-related thing she wants them to come to. She helped answer the door for Halloween at John's parents' house.

Weather is still up and down, unseasonable warm and humid and then, brrrr - cold! Mr ML can't WAIT to go down to FL this winter and get away from the cold. I'm a lot more nervous about it, as there are a lot of logistics to figure out. I'm pretty sure Dad cancelled the phone/TV/internet at his condo and I don't think we can live there 3 months without any of that! Well, I'll have my cellphone but no TV or computer - I don't think so!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread