Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

News/Appearances thread#4: We're up-to-date on everything Taylor!

Most recent news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsername (View Post)
Go to Teenchoiceawards.com, register (pretending to be a teen ), and VOTE for Taylor.
He's up for:
-Movie: Fresh Face Male
and
-Other Stuff: Male Hottie

Quote:
“TV’s Sexiest Men in Uniform of All Time” Premieres Sunday, July 26 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT

TV Guide Network counts down television’s sexiest men in uniform. Denis Leary and Daniel Sunjata of “Rescue Me” made the list. Taylor Kitsch kept the lights bright on Friday nights. And John Stamos revived the ER. From cops to firefighters, paramedics to lifeguards, and of course men in the military, find out where these and many other men in uniform land on the list.
TV Guide Network Turns Up the Heat with Summer’s Sexiest Sundays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupa (View Post)
A lucky fan met Taylor

"He was sooo hottttt! And the funnything is i was joking with my friend before we went out tthat i had to look good incase we saw him and then that happened! ugh I saw a guy get off of a motorcycle and i kind of slowed down and tried to get a good look at him from the side... and I said "Taylor" and he was like "yeah" and i screamed! I asked hi about the new season of FNL and he said he was still on th show fulll on. I asked him why he was in Austin and he said he was living here. He was so sweet and not like go away or anything. He told me he just got back from africa shooting the bang bang club...he posed for pictures and then i floated off on my kitsch cloud an dcalled everyone i knew. later i went back and he was still there reading a script it looked like."

Source

Quote:
Variety magazine has named 13 actors as “possibles” for an Emmy nomination for Guest Actor in a Drama Series. One was Gaius Charles, returning to play the humiliated Smash on “Friday Night Lights.” Meanwhile, Taylor Kitsch’s bad-boy Tim Riggins and Zach Gilford’s well-behaved Matt Saracen came in second and third place in a contest for Television Boyfriends, Better than the Real Thing at the teen-themed Web site “Nonpretentious.”

Quote:
Television Boyfriends Better Than The Real Thing

2) Tim Riggins (Friday Night Lights)

Austin Celebrity Update: Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Andy Roddick, Gaius Charles, Taylor Kitsch, Zach Gilford | Out & About & Television Boyfriends, Better than the Real Thing? - nonpretentious

Quote:
Taylor is on the list of Sexy & Single Men of '09

TAYLOR KITSCHInterested in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine star? Then you should also be interested in an adrenaline rush. "The craziest thing I ever did [is] skydiving," Kitsch, 28, says. "One Sunday, when one of my best mates was visiting me in Texas, after breakfast we decided there was no better way to spend the afternoon but backflipping out of a plane at 11,000 feet."
Sexy & Single Men of '09 - TAYLOR KITSCH - Hottest Bachelors, Taylor Kitsch : People.com

Previous threads:
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/news-ar...come-62871819/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/news-ar...-win-62882466/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/news-ap...ylor-62890866/

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 06-24-2009, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

The CineMax interview of the Wolverine cast has been posted on YT, big thanks to Corby (bloominidiot) for finding it:

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 06-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the new thread, bb

is this the cast interview we have been waiting for so long???

off to watch
Old 06-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

thanks for posting the vid, off to watch

Icon ~ Diane
Old 06-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Total Fan

Possible spoilers ahead
Quote:
I'm more than just a shirtless hunk

Up-and-coming hottie Taylor Kitsch suffered 'a lot of hardship' before breakout Wolverine role

By Jeanmarie Tan - June 25, 2009

HE'S NO Robert Pattinson, but rising Canadian star Taylor Kitsch is slowly but surely getting there.

After all, his name recently popped up on 'hot' lists ever since his breakout big-screen role as mutant superhero Gambit in the blockbuster movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Kitsch is among People magazine's Top 10 Hottest Bachelors and a Vanity Fair poll on the world's most handsome man.

He's also nominated for Choice Male Hottie and Fresh Face Male at this year's Teen Choice awards, alongside dishy peers like Chace Crawford, Zac Efron, Chris Pine, Sam Worthington and, of course, Twilight heart-throb Pattinson.

As a certified nutritionist and fitness trainer, the 1.83m hunk also became the youngest person to grace the cover of Men's Health magazine at 25.

Source + rest of interview, thanks Bloominidiot!
Great interview..not so much the interview. He said a "good portion" of the viwers of FNL only watch it because of his shirtless scenes - puh-lease!
And the comparisons with Rob Patzz?!?!?!?!
Anyway, I think it's awesome that he mentions Steven!
And so HE IS gonna cut his hair! I must say I'm anxious, but I'll miss the long hair so, so,SO much!!!
Taylor is such an amazing actor...always changing his accent, body, hair, everything to make a better job. You don't see that amount of passion on many actors...
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I have to admit. The RPattz comparisions bug me, alot. Maybe it's because I don't get the appeal, but anyways...he's cutting his hair? Eek, I hope it's not too short.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

^ The RPattz comparisons bug me even if I get the appeal i hope they stop this comparison

I loved the interview. i like that he mentioned Steven too.

i appreciate his body but i don't watch the show because he is always shirtless.Plus when was the last time we saw him shirtless in the show???? that shows the interviewer doesn't know so much about Taylor and how he doesn't want be shirtless and how he fights against those scenes.

Oh My he is going to cut his hair. i don't know how i feel about that
Old 06-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link, Ma

I am getting annoyed by Robert Pattinson's comparison. IMO, true he is not R.Pattinson because he is so much hotter.

I love the way he talks. He is open and true to himself. The whole thing about not letting these compliments about hotness or whatever get to him, or that he already had his wild days and he would rather do other activities says a lot about why you can't help but adore him even more.

Poor Taylor. I feel like he needs people to see him more of an actor than just a pretty face and hot body, aka sex object, but they mostly focus in their interviews with him about his body and how many times he will get shirtless. True, we can't help the fact that he is so freakin' hot, but the media should give praise and attention for his talent as well. I fear that he will do something crazy inorder to deflect attention from his hotness

He will cut his hair? *falls to the ground from shock* Nooooo. I love the hair. I'll miss the hair. I can't believe he will cut his hair. *cries* And he wanted to shave it? Taylor, what happened to you, bb? LOL. Ahhh! Nah. Honestly here, I'm pretty sure he will look as good as he is now with the shorter hair. He is beautiful no matter what. But I'll still miss it

Cute tidbits about Lynn/Steven and him. I'm glad we got something on their friendship from the interview.

Quote:
He said a "good portion" of the viwers of FNL only watch it because of his shirtless scenes - puh-lease!
Taylor didn't say that, it's the interviewer or the writers of the article. Taylor only said: 'I still feel that's not what I'm about and I've proven that over and over. Again, it's flattering in the sense that women want to tune in to the show, but that's going to be very short-lived... and people will get bored of it.'

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 06-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

i think the Robert's comparison is almost inevitable those days...for every actor because he is everywhere and people go nuts because of him. So in a way he is the actor you have to beat

i have to say when i first read the news about his getting his first lead i was so happy! when i saw the outfit he is supposed to wear i was happy too, but a part of me was like" hum i hope they won't talk only about his body and forget about his talent".
Old 06-25-2009, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know that, and I know that Twilight has a biiiig fandom, so does it's main actors. Robert is handsome, alright, but the whole "HE'S NO Robert Pattinson, but rising Canadian star Taylor Kitsch is slowly but surely getting there." is just lame. No need for comparisons. And it's not just about R.Pattinson. If it were another actor, I'd have been annoyed just the same. Beauty is subjective, if the comparison is made concerning their features, or even their physical appearance. As for the talent, I haven't watched much of Robert, but Taylor has proven in more than one role that he got real talent. So no need to put comparisons, IMO.

Quote:
i have to say when i first read the news about his getting his first lead i was so happy! when i saw the outfit he is supposed to wear i was happy too, but a part of me was like" hum i hope they won't talk only about his body and forget about his talent".
Exactly His body is great piece of art. Truly magnificent. LOL. But! They should give attention to his talent and body, not just one aspect.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 06-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

ITA Sal!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Two interviews, with some bits of the earlier interview but some extra info and quotes from Taylor:

Quote:
SPOTLIGHT: Kitsch on my list
Taylor Kitsch.

He’s been voted one of the world’s hottest bachelors. Women tune in every week to catch Taylor Kitsch go shirtless on Friday Night Lights. How lucky can a guy get? HIZREEN KAMAL smiles with glee and tries to find out.

HE made it into People Magazine as one of the world’s Hottest Bachelors. In a recent poll conducted by Vanity Fair, he was named one of the World’s Most Handsome Men.

A fast-rising Hollywood star, he received rave reviews for his role as the Gambit in the X-Men franchise spinoff X-Men Origins: Wolverine earlier this year.

Taylor Kitsch has finally “arrived” and has earned his celebrity spotlight in his own right.

But despite the fame and the success that comes with it, this 28-year-old model still has both feet firmly planted on the ground.
“I went through a lot of hardship and I’m grateful for the late start I’ve had. I think I have a good basic sense of who I am, he said in a recent telephone interview from Austin, Texas.

Kitsch, who looks up to fellow actor Hugh Jackman (who played Wolverine) in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, described the latter as a down-to-earth individual.

“There’s this amazing aura about him. He’s the same and stays grounded even with all the power he commands as a star and all the great movies he’s done,” Kitsch said.

Jackman, he said, is one actor he’d love to act with again.

To prepare for his role as Gambit, Kitsch stayed in his hotel room between two and four hours every day, six days a week with a coach, learning card tricks and sleight of hand. He also endured a gruelling physical training regimen, five days a week, for more than four months.

“I loved the process. I learned a lot about the character, such as the way he talks. I’d love to reprise the role. I’d love to go a lot deeper and get to know who Gambit really is,” he said.

Kitsch, is excited to be reprising his role as high school quarterback Tim Riggins in the 13-episode drama Friday Night Lights (Season 3), which is adapted by Peter Berg, Brian Grazer and David Nevins from a book and film of the same name.

Fast becoming a popular series, it details events surround the Dillon Panthers, a high school football team based in fictional Dillon, Texas.

“The first thing that attracted me to the show wasn’t the party scene or the troubled high-school kids. The creators wanted to dig in deeper and go into ‘real’ problems of family dynamics and alcoholism and Riggins’ lack of purpose.

Kitsch describes Season 3 as the best season yet, as his character has grown a lot.

On how he felt about having to go shirtless on the series most of the time, Kitsch said he only agreed to it if it made people watch the show.

“It’s flattering in a sense; that women tune into the show, but that’s not what the show is about.”

Kitsch is also down for a feature film John Carter of Mars, which will see him working opposite actress Lynn Collins as lovers. (They starred in X-Men Origins: Wolverine).

When asked if Collins’ husband actor Steven Strait might be jealous if they have a steamy love scene together, Kitsch said: “Strait is going to be on set (laughs). He wishes me nothing but luck before I got the job. I respect that guy enormously.”

Kitsch has just wrapped up filming another feature film The Bang Bang Club, about four South African photographer friends who risked their lives to capture the iconic images during the last days of apartheid.

Also starring Ryan Phillippe, Kitsch plays photographer Kevin Carter.

Admitting that the role was the most challenging he had ever undertaken, Kitsch said he gave everything he had to play Carter.

“I ran 12 to 25 kilometres a day. And to lose so much weight in so little time is unhealthy. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. But looking back, I have no regrets. I’m very proud to play him.

Catch Kitsch in the premiere of Friday Night Lights (Season 3) over Star World (Astro channel 711) tonight at 10pm.

The New Straits Times Online: <B>SPOTLIGHT: </b>Kitsch on my list

Quote:
World of Kitsch

Taylor Kitsch, star of Friday Night Lights, doesn’t take his success for granted.

TAYLOR Kitsch is only 28 but the young man seems to have a level head screwed on pretty securely on his broad, athletic shoulders. Throughout this 30-minute telephone interview from Austin, Texas, he sounds like a dedicated actor who’s very serious about his art and has risen above the trappings of fame and fortune.

It is almost too easy to envision him shrugging off being on lists like “hottest bachelor” and “world’s most handsome man” – bestowed on him by People Magazine and Vanity Fair respectively this month – and then as an afterthought, or maybe just to be polite, he adds that recognition is flattering.

Down-to-earth: ‘Even if I didn’t get these titles, I’d still be the same person.’ – Taylor Kitsch, about the accolades he has received.
“It doesn’t make or break anything about who I am,” says Kitsch about the accolades. “Even if I didn’t get these titles, I’d still be the same person. All it does is, people will come watch my movie.”

Born in British Columbia, Canada, Kitsch earned his moment in the spotlight when he was cast as Tim Riggins, a member of a highschool football team in a football-obsessed town in the series Friday Night Lights. Riggins is a troubled teen who finds comfort in the bottle, doing stupid things and constantly getting into trouble, even as he struggles to learn who he really is.

Over the two seasons, the series has moved from the football field to explore the human drama outside it, scoring many touchdowns with its strong writing about small-town life and its realistic portrayals of relationships. In short, FNL is much, much more than about sports, which is why it appeals to both male and female viewers.

That is exactly what attracted Kitsch to the role in the first place. “When I started this whole thing with the creators, they really wanted to dig a lot deeper and go into the problems of family and alcoholism and Tim Riggins’ lack of purpose. Not only high schoolers but also people in general have these problems. To me, right now, the family storyline is very intense.

“I’d like to dive into that because so many people can relate to it, including myself,” explains Kitsch. “The biggest challenge for me to play Tim was that he’s very down in the first season. And to play him truthfully was kind of tough on me for a bit; to find where he truly stood and his lack of purpose was like moving backwards and going back to where I was when I was in my teen years. It was tougher at the time. But that’s where the acting came in. It’s a tough character, but I feel I know him better than anyone else.”

Digging yet deeper

FNL is entering its third season on Star World starting from today, and it’s been reported on various websites that its cast comprising of Kyle Chandler, Connie Britton, Zach Gildford and Minka Kelly have delivered yet another amazing season.

Kitsch shares: “In Season Three, Tim Riggins is definitely more interesting for me. I think Tim grew a lot. His closest friends leave him pretty much for good and the impact that it had on Tim was enormous. It’s probably the best season yet.

“I had a lot more fun because we also got to see New York. One of my favourite episodes was Tim Riggins’s last football game. It’s a very strong season,” he reiterates.

For Kitsch – who started on the path to become an actor just seven years ago when he went to New York to study acting with acting coach Sheila Grey – FNL taught him to take risks. The series director Peter Berg gave his cast the freedom of working without rehearsals, and allowed the actors room to improvise.

Tension in the air: (From left) Igor Cherkassky (as hot dog vendor), Taylor Kitsch (Tim Riggins) and Scott Porter (Jason Street) in New York, New York (Episode 308 of Friday Night Lights).

It is this process of wanting it to be as real as possible that Kitsch keeps going back to as his career in movies is taking off. His most recent role was as fan-favourite Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine alongside Hugh Jackman, and portraying the real-life photographer Kevin Carter who photographed the last days of apartheid in South Africa in the upcoming movie titled The Bang Bang Club.

Right now he’s slated to star in John Carter of Mars, which is based on Edgar Rice Burroughs’ novel and directed by Andrew Staton, besides getting ready to shoot the fourth season of FNL in Austin.

One thing’s for sure, it’s good to be Kitsch at the moment. He confesses that he’s pretty happy and proud of where he is right now, and excited about the projects that are looming on the horizon, while staying loyal to FNL for as long as they want him there.

“The best thing is what I’ve done so far. On top of that, there’s another season of FNL and there’s a movie. I can’t tell you how great it is to work with a guy as brilliant as Andrew Staton – that’s the best part. The worst thing is my air-conditioner in my house! It’s 8.15 at night and it’s 100˚F. I can’t go in there,” chuckles Kitsch, listing the best and worst parts of his career to date.

Being so much in demand leaves Kitsch hardly any time to do anything else, which is fine with the actor. After all, the days of partying ended with his teenage years. Nowadays, a good day consists of going for a run, working out, going for a ride on his motorcyle and hanging out with his friends. Free time on his hands is spent doing charity work with children and listening to music.

There’s no doubt that this middle child (he has two older brothers and two younger sisters) is a very grounded young man. It seems he has never forgotten where he came from – those days of living out of his car, attending auditions to find a breakout role. When asked how he stays so down-to-earth, he answers: “I think I went through a lot of hardship. I’m grateful for the late start I had. I think I have a good basic sense of who I am in terms of fame and longevity.”
World of Kitsch

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 06-26-2009, 06:24 AM
Absolute Fan

thanks for posting interviews Sally

Two worlds collided
Old 06-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Don't forget to vote daily for Taylor here: http://www.teenchoiceawards.com/

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |