Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

News/Appearances thread#3: It's the best place where you can find all the latest stuff on Taylor!

Most Recent News:

A new interview with Stacey:

Quote:
Well, once again, congratulations on the pick up, and hopefully we'll see you back in season four, with some little Riggins babies running around.

Yes, hopefully. Oh, and Taylor (Kitch, who plays Tim Riggins) calls them “little Riglets,” he says, “we need to get some little Riglets running around up in here.”

(Laughs) All I can picture are these little dirty, drunk, shirtless babies running around...

Yeah, just thinking about the kind of parents Mindy and Billy would be, and the comic gold that would come from that--it just blows my mind.
Hugh mentions Taylor/Gambit in this radio interview:

Quote:

Nova 969 :: Merrick & Rosso & Kate

when talking about the cast:

"...Taylor Kitsch (*a fan screams*) who plays Gambit, that fans -I gotta tell you- , they're are gonna go mental even my wife went mental! she was like Hubba hubba Hubba!"

a fan asks if there's going to be a sequel for wolverine or more spinoffs

"...In terms of other characters there are other films being planned, I'm not involved so I can't really tell you, but I know that they do have an idea for these other characters, and I can totally see that, I mean, when I watch this movie I can see a film for Gambit definitely, I can see Wade Wilson ... I don't know, we'll see around may 2 the answer for this question."

Taylor on Hugh:

Quote:
If his Wolverine castmates are anything to go by, Jackman learned his lessons well. Taylor Kitsch, who plays the mutant Gambit, says: I learned such a lot from him. He has extraordinary focus and talent. But he also has such a great vibe. When this guy walks on to the set, he doesnt expect people to go, Oh my God, its Hugh Jackman the star. Thats there because he is such a huge star, but he makes everybody feel comfortable and a part of the production. Theres not a fake bone in his body.
Herculean Hugh | Herald Sun

Cosmo scans

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase the memories (View Post)

Quote:
Friday Night Lights: Turn Off the You-Know-What When You Leave

Tonight marks the end of season three of Friday Night Lights, the vastly underwatched Texas-high-school-football drama. After a disappointingly melodramatic season two, this one returned to FNL’s quieter roots, delivering a well-written emotional arc without any fantastical turns (Tyra-and-Landry murder plotline, we’re looking at you). With the recent news that the show’s been re-upped for two seasons comes the inevitable question of what comes next for the cast and characters; Matt, Tyra, Tim, and Lyla are all graduating, and it’s unclear who’ll make it to college and who’ll stay in Dillon (and, thus, the show).

If you believe online rumors, both Minka Kelly (Lyla), and Adrianne Palicki (Tyra), are leaving the series for good. (Kelly’s even signed on to star in a new CW drama, Body Politic.) According to Taylor Kitsch, whom we met with for a recent magazine profile, his character, Tim Riggins, doesn’t go to college as planned, but instead stays behind in Dillon to work with his brother at their newly opened body shop.

Kitsch also revealed that Zach Gilford (Matt) is staying on the show; Matt will attend a college near home so as to be near his ailing grandmother (at the close of season three, Matt is contemplating going to art school in Chicago), and Minka Kelly will indeed be departing, as Lyla realizes her dream of going to Vanderbilt. An NBC spokesperson confirmed only part of this news. “We do know that the writers will be wrapping up Minka Kelly's character over a multi-episode arc, similar to what the writers did with Gaius Charles and Scott Porter this season.” But NBC remains mum about Palicki and the others, insisting that the writers themselves don’t even know what’s going to happen (the new scripts have yet to be written). We’re taking Kitsch’s inside knowledge with a grain of salt: he spoke with us in January, before the show was definitely set to continue. As for Kitsch’s hopes for the future of bad boy Tim Riggins, much reformed this season, he’s still looking for some tough love: “I’d love to do something where Tim learns the hard way about drinking and driving. Or goes into the Army.”

Quote:
As a kid, Taylor grew up in Vancouver and until today, Taylor still lives there when he's not shooting Friday Night Lights in Austin, Texas. Growing up, he aspired to become an actor which eventually was the real reason behind his move to New York.
In New York, Taylor pursued his dreams by studying the art of acting with coach Sheila Grey. Not too long after that, Taylor landed a role in the movie Pacific 121. After landing a role in that movie, Taylor's dreams finally started coming true. Taylor was casted in a few guest acting roles such as John Tucker Must Die, Snakes On A Plane and Kyle XY.
Moving to New York in 2002 was the prize that Taylor received after being scouted by modeling scouts in Canada. Taylor was signed to IMG Models and became a regular face for the famous clothing lines, Abercrombie & Fitch and also Diesel. Taylor was also signed under Untitled Entertainment during his two years stay in the city.
While Taylor was living in New York, he found time to become a certified personal trainer and nutritionist. In the year 2004, Taylor decided that it was time for him to move to Los Angeles to learn more about the acting course. Taylor stayed in Los Angeles for about eight months and did some print work with Nous Modeling Management.
It wasn't too long until Taylor realized that he didn't want to be in Los Angeles. Taylor thought that things were running a little bit too fast for him, then making the decision to move back to Vancouver for the summer of 2005 to spend more time with his family. In 2006, Taylor the signed with Endeavour.
What shot him to bigger fame was his role in the movie The Covenant, with actors Steven Strait, Toby Hemingway and Chace Crawford who were all already successful. In The Covenant, fans got to know who Taylor really is. Even though the movie wasn't as successful as people hoped it would be, Taylor became more recognized since acting in the movie. In the movie, fans also got to see a more fit and toned version of Taylor.
Fortunately, after The Covenant, casting directors from the football teen drama, Friday Night Lights, saw the talent that Taylor had. They eventually hired Taylor to play the role of Tim Riggins, one of the Dillon Panthers' main players. In Friday Night Lights, Taylor managed to show his acting skills to fans and television critics who were very impressed with Taylor's acting skills.

Quote:
Taylor Kitsch’s Power Trip

Taylor Kitsch is a powerful guy. Before he got his big break as badboy football player Tim Riggins on TV’s Friday Night Lights, the B.C. native (born in Kelowna; grew up just outside Vancouver) worked as a personal trainer while living in New York and trying to become an actor. But he says he’s never felt anything like the power that came with his latest character, the mutant Gambit in next month’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

“He has kinetic energy, which basically means he can power up these random objects,” explains Kitsch over the phone from L.A. where he’s about to head into the gym for his morning workout. “For him, it’s usually cards because he gambles a lot. In the trailer you can see him throwing those cards at Wolverine. What’s happened is he’s held them long enough where he’s emitted this energy into them, and powered them up and they’re basically like explosives.”

You can see Gambit’s other cool toy in this photo. “We trained with the bow staff for four months,” says Kitsch. That training —which would have been torture for most — was a blast for the former member of the British Columbia Hockey League’s Langley Hornets.

But Kitsch doesn’t think his physique had much to do with landing the role. “I think it was more finding the character of Gambit, the nonchalant coolness of him. It’s gotta be within the cat,” he says.

“With everything he’s been through [Gambit was kidnapped as an infant], he has no reason to answer to anybody and I love that part of him. You know, obviously I love the fight, and I love that kind of adrenaline. And I know that, for the most part, I could probably end anyone who I fought with. And you gotta use those kinds of things too, you know?” Yup, I think we do

Quote:
Taylor Kitsch
Actor, Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine

How does a kid from B.C. end up in one of the biggest superhero franchises going?
I had the stereotypical Canadian upbringing in Kelowna and Port Alberni—rollerblading for miles just to go play some street hockey and, as you get older, girls and stuff. But I was always super interested in acting, and I loved public speaking. I went to the divisionals and the regionals three years in a row for these speeches that were basically just stories I made up. Then, after I really wrecked up my knee, I got an opportunity to go to New York for print modelling and I started studying acting there.

How did you get by?
I really didn’t. A couple of years after leaving New York, I finally paid off my acting coach, Sheila Grey. A lot of people are surprised to hear that an actor studied for two or three years. They take the craft for granted and wanna just wake up and be an actor. But paying your dues and all that puts so much into being a success. You have an understanding of what it’s about, being on your own for three or four years and living day to day on $3, or living in an apartment with no electricity. I didn’t want to just go back home and be like, “Yep, it didn’t work out.”

Were you familiar with X-Men before trying out for X-Men Origins: Wolverine?
Yeah, of course I knew X-Men and I knew of the character I play, Gambit. But when you read for a part, you’re going to research your face off. There’ve been other jobs that have come and gone and I haven’t lost sleep over them, but this I fought for. And understandably—with the following and hype this movie has. Hopefully we can do a few more of these. I’d murder to play this guy for the next 10 years.

Did you have role models when you were in school?
Sean Penn’s kind of a big influence. Not like, “I wanna be Sean Penn,” but you admire the guy and how great his career’s turned out. His talent’s undeniable. And Hugh Jackman. I learned more through watching Hugh play Wolverine than I would have in four years of school. Being able to go off to Australia for four months and train and work off of him, see how a real leading man does his thing, it’s been an amazing experience.

How do you think fans will react to Wolverine?
Look, I’m in it and I’m a tougher critic than most fans. And I’ve seen enough to say that this movie is prettybad-ass.
Taylor Kitsch | Vancouver Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothiriel (View Post)
Which new character in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" are you most excited to see when the film releases May 1?

Movie Tickets, Theaters, Showtimes, Trailers - MovieTickets.com
(The poll is at the bottom of the page)

we have to make everybody see how excited we are to see Taylor as Gambit, so that he'll get included in future xmen projects

See Top 10 Hottest TV Actors at WomansDay.com - Popular TV Actors

Previous threads:
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/news-ar...-win-62882466/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/news-ar...come-62871819/

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |

Last edited by Poupa; 04-30-2009 at 08:09 AM
Old 04-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you very much!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

No problem, hun.

New Wolverine trailer:

Taylor scan from Nylon Magazine:

Bigger version

Another wonderful article + quotes. He looks gorgeous, with this beautiful smile. Skinny indeed, but still handsome as ever.

So it seems like losing weight is something Taylor contributed, not that they asked him, which shows how far he will go with his dedication to his job. Love it.

Another insight showing how he struggled. Poor Taylor. It must have been very tough time for him, but he is getting rewarded by the success and goof feedback. Also, I bet that is one of the things that shaped his mature perspective.

The paragraph describing Taylor as a polite & gentle, laid back and modest, along with many other describtion makes me swoon + The stuffed toys hanging in his car and saying "Gal". He is awesome!

Though I'm not big fan of tatoos, but it's cool he is getting one. I hope it will be a small one though. Now "No regrets" will be forever tied to Taylor in my head.

Ooh! And I adore the fact that Riggins is so popular like that <3

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Again, I freaking want that mag.

I think his tattoo choice is cool. As long as it doesn't cover up his whole body, I'm fine with it.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

HOTT PIC!! awesome article! Thanks for posting it!! I wanna see where he puts that tattoo!

ADORABE SMILE!

who's on the cover of that mag! I want it!

Last edited by zacsbabyboo; 04-22-2009 at 03:53 PM
Old 04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you find it, Ha.

I can't wait for a picture of his tatoo.

Connie, in this page you'll find the cover of the May issue: NYLON MAGAZINE

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

Me too Sal! It seems like he put a lot of thought into what tattoo he's going to get.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
GAMBIT

Played By: Taylor Kitsch, a Canadian actor and model who appeared in Snakes on a Plane and is a regular cast member on NBC's Friday Night Lights. Before Taylor Kitsch was cast, Josh Holloway (Lost's Sawyer) had been in talks to play Gambit (and had also been offered the same role in X-Men: The Last Stand), but had to drop out in both cases due to conflicts with filming Lost.

Powers: Gambit has the ability to imbue physical objects with energy, that he can then throw, which then results in an explosion on impact. Gambit's preferred choice of thrown object are playing cards.

In the Comics: An orphan who was raised by New Orleans' Thieves Guild, Gambit took to travelling the world, using his mutant power to help him become a master thief. Gambit was eventually taken in by the genius geneticist known as Mr. Sinister, who helped Gambit better control his powers. In return, Gambit joined a group of mutant assassins called The Marauders (along with Sabretooth). Gambit eventually reformed his criminal ways and joined the X-Men, where he fell in love with Rogue.

In the Movie: Gambit's portrayal in X-Men Origins: Wolverine seems to more or less match that of the comics, except that the timing suggests that he would be older than Cyclops, who in the comics seems about the same age as Gambit. There are also some pretty wild things that we see Gambit do in the trailer, like using his power on his staff to allow him to climb walls, and set off a devastating quake. Although most of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was filmed in Australia, the production moved to New Orleans for our Cajun mutant's scenes. Gambit is also one of the two characters in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (along with Deadpool) who may also get his own franchise of solo movies.

ROTTEN TOMATOES: Meet the Characters of X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Can't wait to see pictures of TK sporting the tattoo

thanks for bringing all the stuff over Sally

Icon ~ Diane
Old 04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait to see the tattoo!

He looks so hawt in that magazine scan
Old 04-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

^ He really does ~ love his smile

Icon ~ Diane
Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

And his cute dimples
Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

love the way he is running his hands thru his hair

Icon ~ Diane
Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too
Old 04-24-2009, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The Tempe Hometown Premiere will have all the trappings of a mega-Hollywood event including red carpet arrivals, klieg lights, screaming fans, paparazzi and media coverage of the film's stars headed by Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman and including Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins, will.i.am and director Gavin Hood.
Tempe, Arizona Powers Up for Hometown Premiere of X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE - MarketWatch

I hope he makes it there

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Closed Thread   Post New Thread