Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

News/Articles thread#2: Because the new interviews we've been getting? Made of win.

Most recent news:

Quote:
Win a trip to the X-Men Origins Premiere!

Passing on this really cool, really geeky opportunity for fans of comics superhero Wolverine: Wired.com is running a contest in advance of the new X-Men movie focusing on the gruff, beclawed X-Man. Prizes are as follows:

* Grand Prize (1): Winner and guest will win a trip to attend the premiere of the hottest movie of the summer.
* First Prize (1): Winner drawn into a Marvel Digital Comic.
* Second Prize (20): Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited subscription absolutely FREE!

Find out more and enter here.
Win a Trip to the X-Men Origins: Wolverine Premiere | Geekdad from Wired.com

Zach's interview with Vanity Fair
Quote:
The main character shifts frequently on the show. Do you have a sense of when your character is going to have a major arc or are you as surprised as the rest of us?

A little of both. You’ll see things and you’ll think, this could go on for awhile and then they’ll wrap it up in two episodes. They’ll just have someone disappear out of nowhere into the sunset. Me, Taylor, and Jesse have developed this joke on set. We always like to allude to past characters, and then they edit it out. In season two, when there was that interracial relationship between Smash and that other character, we’d always be like, “Smash, whatever happened to Waverly? Waverly was cool.” Our favorite joke is to point to Jesse and say, “Hey, do you know this guy murdered somebody? With a lead pipe!”

And what was the most fun episode to film?

Oh, man. That’s so hard! The pilot is always going to be something so special, and episode two was great. Also, the second to last episode of this season was fun to film. We did it where University of Texas plays, at Memorial Stadium. There was something so special about playing at UT. That place is a temple. It’s where people go to worship.

For that game, they put Captain “C’s” on my and Taylor’s uniforms. Both of us were really excited about it. Even though it’s all fake, it really touched us. And then, at the end, when we took that uniform off it’s like: “That’s the last time I’m going to wear the Panthers uniform.” Even if there’s another season, even if we’re still on the show. After three years, it really affects you. Both of us were like, “Damn man. We’re never going to wear these again.”
Friday Night Lights: Zach Gilford Calls the Play: Marnie Hanel | Vanity Fair

Scott Porter interview
Quote:
What was your favorite scene ever on the show?
The one that stands head and shoulders above the rest is Street, Smash, Riggins and Saracen on the football field. It was episode 19. Street has his first coaching moment. They’re all sitting there talking about their problems. It was great to have the four guys in the same scene for the first time since the pilot. It was when Riggins and Street became friends again after everything they’d been through. It really put Jason on the proper path. It ended up the next morning with Saracen and Smash passed out on the field and Riggins and Street look at each other and say, “Texas forever.”
Scott Porter Interview The Furture of Friday Night Lights | Fancast News

Screen Test: Men's Cover Story - NYTimes.com/Video

Quote:
Stacey Oristano chats about Friday Night Lights

Filed under: Programming, Interviews, Celebrities, Friday Night Lights, Reality-Free

So, is Friday Night Lights coming back for one more season? Stacey Oristano, who plays Tyra Collette's delightfully trashy but good-hearted sister Mindy, was nice enough to talk to TV Squad and give us a little bit of dirt on the show.

I talked to Stacey while she was out in LA (her first time there, she said) and asked her what all FNL fans really want to know. After the jump, Stacey talks about her hopes for another season, the backstage antics of the cast, and why Taylor Kitsch can't keep his pants on.

TVS: What has it been like working with Kyle Chandler, Connie Britton and the rest of the cast?
Stacey: Everyone is just so wonderful. I haven't had too many scenes with them, but I've learned so much from just watching them. I've gone on set to just watch scenes I'm not even in. I've learned an incredible amount from just watching how they interact with each other and play a scene. But the entire cast is so supportive. You can just try anything and not feel out of line.

TVS: Are there any funny backstage stories you can share?

Stacey: You know, I don't think we've done a blooper reel on the DVD, but if we did, it would be me and Taylor Kitsch just cracking up the whole time. We can't seem to get through a scene without totally losing it. The cast is just fun to be around, and we have a great time.

TVS: Is it hard to keep your composure during these funny scenes? There was a scene a few weeks back when you're hanging out in the Riggins house that looked hilarious.

Stacey: That scene was fun.We are all in the Riggins' house, where Tim comes in and kinda just takes off his pants in the kitchen. That actually wasn't in the script! But he just decided to play it that way, and we were all like ... uh ... [makes a surprised but pleased noise], and it worked really well, so they left it in. It can be very funny sometimes.
Stacey Oristano chats about Friday Night Lights - TV Squad

TVGuide Taylor interview
Quote:
*He was shopping in Austin at the time of the interview.
So what ended up in your grocery cart, Taylor? Water, berries…I’ve got to lose a bunch of weight for a role [I might play] as a guy who gets addicted to drugs. All my muscle’s going, man.

Oh, no! But what will that mean for Riggins if there’s a fourth season of Friday Night Lights? {Laughs} I don’t run every gig by them. But I’m sure they’ll find out. I would certainly like to come back for a fourth season. We’re a great, cheap show to make. NBC and DirectTV have really pushed the show, and the end of this season doesn’t feel like the end.

You’ve chosen to remain in Austin even when you’re not shooting the show. Why? This is going to be my home base. It’s a very real, genuine city. Kyle Chandler [who plays Coach Taylor] is moving his family here. Scott Porter goes back and forth. I’m in a men’s hockey league here. I box and ride my motorcycle. I’m having a lot of fun.

GOT A GIRLFRIEND THERE?
I do no. I’m putting all my energy into getting more work.

How often do you see the cast when you’re not shooting? Kyle and I are very close. I just got back from a trip to L.A., and he and I went on a bike trip through the Malibu canyons.

Riggins and Lyla are back together this season, but circumstances seem destined to tear this couple apart, no?
We’ve been together 30-some episodes out of 50, so I think we’ve taken every angle we can on them. I personally like Riggs on his own and would like to see him get lost again. I don’t see him lasting more than a month in college. Maybe he should serve in the Army to find his sense of purpose.

How does Riggins mature this season?
This guy has gotten thrown more curveballs than anyone. At the end of Episode 8, he goes to NYC to see of his best friend, Street, and then at the end of the season he grows up a little.

For those non-disciples of Marvel Comics, who is Gambit?
He’s like a cocky, lawless young version of Wolverine who loves the fight. There are flashes of good and bad in this guy, which is so fun to play. He’s a thief-turned-poker player who carries a bo staff and has kinetic energy, which allows him to throw people around like cards.

Any close calls with Hugh Jackman? It got intense. Part of my thumb got stuck in one of Wolverine’s claws. It was a bloody mess, and I have the scar to prove it.

So, Tim Riggins versus Gambit. Who would triumph? That’d be great! Of course Gambit would win with his powers, but Riggs would get in close and it would be an intense fight to the death.
Scan credit to venus_ice
Old 03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Ha

for transcribing the TV Guide interview. It's so fun reading.

Quote:
So what ended up in your grocery cart, Taylor? Water, berries…I’ve got to lose a bunch of weight for a role [I might play] as a guy who gets addicted to drugs. All my muscle’s going, man
Is it a new role? I hope he is working on a new project now. Hee

Quote:
Riggins and Lyla are back together this season, but circumstances seem destined to tear this couple apart, no?
We’ve been together 30-some episodes out of 50, so I think we’ve taken every angle we can on them. I personally like Riggs on his own and would like to see him get lost again. I don’t see him lasting more than a month in college. Maybe he should serve in the Army to find his sense of purpose
Love his answer to this question . I wanna see Riggis single again as well if there will be another seaon

@ Stacey's new interview. I wish to see the expressions on the girls faces. I bet they were so pleasent
Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it seems like a new role. As I said on the other thread, I think it would be an interesting character, but I'm not sure how I feel about him having to lose the muscle.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I don't want him to lose any muscles at all. Nooooooooooo
Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Elite Fan

I know. :/
Old 03-04-2009, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread, Ha & for transcribing the interview and for bringing over the scan

Yay for Taylor probably getting a new role. I hope we get to hear more about it. But I don't want him to lose weight or muscles. This fine body is perfect as it is
Also it's so cool that he is living is Austing, hanging out with Kyle and Scott. I thought he went back to Canada to his family. I wonder what changed his mind. Unless his & his family visit eachother in Austin/Canada.
I agree also about wanting Riggins single. I'd love to see more of Tim lost, struggling in college, facing family stuff..etc.
And aww! He got a a scar while filming. Poor baby! But that what it takes to be a great, dedicated actor, who does his own stunts.

Ha, did you posted this scan? --> Taylor TV Guide Scan. Credit: Venus_Ice

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |

Last edited by Poupa; 03-04-2009 at 02:42 AM
Old 03-04-2009, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupa (View Post)
Ha, did you posted this scan? --> Taylor TV Guide Scan. Credit: Ice97
What the....?? Is it any possible that he keeps getting hotter & hotter by the milisecond He looks mighty, mighty fine..Gah

Thanks for posting the scan, Sal
Old 03-04-2009, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

He looks mighty fine Now I'm curious which is the latest, his hair in this picture or in the NYTimes video? LOL.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 03-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Absolute Fan

thanks for the new thread Ha
thanks for all the info
the scan

Two worlds collided
Old 03-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupa (View Post)
He looks mighty fine Now I'm curious which is the latest, his hair in this picture or in the NYTimes video? LOL.
I am curious too

Sal, make me some icons, plzzzzzzzzz. I tried and that what I came up with
Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Your icon, Sarah

I can't now, I have a class shortly But I promise to make few when I get home

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 03-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

It's just a temporarily until I use of of your pretties
Old 03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

for him living in Austin.

I'm guessing the NYTimes vid is his latest look.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will make some later, I promise

Bringing this over:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothiriel (View Post)
This is a happy day for any Gambit fan
look at his eyes:

a sneak peak of the trailer
'X-Men Origins: Wolverine': Burning Questions - Movie News Story | MTV Movie News

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 03-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!

those eyes!