Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

I don't hate DJ..I just hate what the writers did to them. I don't know what they were thinking writing DJ like they did in Season 5 and 6. Their friendship (which I really did like) just disappeared and without that, DJ just wasn't special. No matter what Pacey and Joey went through, there was ALWAYS an underlying friendship even in Season 1 when they 'hated' each other. This is the reason why I don't think there's any doubt regarding PJ being endgame...I feel like that's where the story was naturally flowing the entire time.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:45 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree, and every time they broke up it ended viciously and Dawson usually said some cruel things to Joey as well. On the opposite end, Pacey and Joey always had a nice friendship even when they weren't together. Then again, that usually shows the maturity of Pacey and the IMMATURITY of Dawson. Dawson always handled their break ups like a narcissistic child and couldn't even be civil to Joey after they broke up. I also laugh at some wanting to say Pacey and Joey's first time was ruined and awkward but Dawson and Joey's first time was him LYING to Joey about having a girlfriend then they had another vicious break up with them saying cruel things to each other. But Pacey and Joey were the vicious couple that only fought, the hypocrisy and lies are amazing lol. Some need to reevaluate how Dawson and Joey were written, not P/J. Hell, Pacey and Joey had a real relationship in S4 wheras Dawson and Joey never really did. They would give it the good college try for a few days then they imploded. Dawson and Joey were the couple that always fought (mainly over stupid immature sh..) lied to each other (another example, like when they both lied about sleeping with Jack and Jen to hurt the other) and couldn't stay together for more than two weeks.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that Pacey showed more maturity than Dawson and above all Pacey showed how much he respected Joey because he always put her feelings first above his own whereas Dawson never did.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-16-2018, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

good points

All couples fight. With the exception of Promicide, I didn't think any of their other fights were as vicious

I remember those episodes in season 2. I totally agree how immature they were lying to each other out of jealousy

The DJ fight in season 6 after they slept together was very telling.I think there were implications of Dawson never getting over Joey choosing Pacey over him. Joey says will the limitations ever end on that one

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 10-16-2018, 04:31 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Promicide was their only bad fight (plot driven and all) I also remember when Dawson swore at her like in S2 about that movie he wanted to make (another bizarre, obsessive move from Dawson. Why would you want to make a movie about your girlfriend cheating on you?) When Joey confronted him about it she said that's not healthy and Dawson was like "I don't have time hear you b*tching at me all day!" They got the wrong couple fighting viciously lol.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, Pacey and Joey's arguments were never as bad as Dawson and Joey's arguments and they were never as mean spirited. There always seemed to be some mutual respect and they made up so sweetly too. And then of course there's the fact that Pacey never presented Joey with ultimatums whereas that seemed to be Dawson's go to move.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

He also personally attacked Joey too. Like in TLD when he said to Joey "Are you bored, confused, or just malicious?" Before Pacey stepped into defend her. Funny, considering Dawson was the malicious ahole on the show. Pacey never talked to or treated Joey the way Dawson did. So just had to bring up how Dawson and Joey's fights and relationship in general was vicious, not P/J but that's bitterness talking and all it has been. Not facts. Thankfully, I haven't heard that on here as much as I used to by the same bitter people zzz.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 10-16-2018 at 10:50 PM
Old 10-17-2018, 03:34 AM
Passionate Fan

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-creek-reveal/

Quote:
The actress said she realized immediately that the Dawson’s Creek cast was very different from the cast she worked with on Freaks and Geeks, as they were all friends. “Maybe that was how it had been when the show first started, but by the fifth season, when I showed up, the main cast didn't really hang out together that much and they obviously had some fairly intense dynamics going on,” she wrote. “It was clear that Joshua Jackson and James [Van Der Beek] didn't really like each other, and while Katie and Michelle [Williams] were friendly, it didn't seem like they were very close. Kerr Smith was sort of friendly with everyone.”
Quote:
According to Philipps, Jackson was very confident on set. “Josh really fancied himself ‘one of the guys’ with the crew. The Creek's very own mini George Clooney,” she wrote. “He's a good guy and just wanted to be well-liked but I wish I'd known the term 'mansplaining' when I met Josh. His ability to turn a conversation into a dissertation was incredible.”
Old 10-17-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if Busy is giving Josh a compliment or an insult by that comment.

Does anyone know who Josh was dating during S5? Busy mentions Josh's girlfriend being on set and making comments about Josh's make out scenes with Busy.

Last edited by JJH85; 10-17-2018 at 03:54 PM
Old 10-17-2018, 05:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I don't know if Busy is giving Josh a compliment or an insult by that comment.

Does anyone know who Josh was dating during S5? Busy mentions Josh's girlfriend being on set and making comments about Josh's make out scenes with Busy.
It didn't sound insulting at all.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
It didn't sound insulting at all.
Well that's good. It seemed like she was saying that he puts on a show so people will like him or something, but I probably just read too much into it.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Josh was dating actress Rosario Dawson during season 5.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letgo (View Post)
Josh was dating actress Rosario Dawson during season 5.
I thought they dated after Dawson's Creek (around 2004), but this pic looks like Josh during the DC years. Around that time I knew Rosario from Josie and the Pussycats with Rachael Leigh Cook and Tara Reid.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:13 AM
Passionate Fan

True, this pic was from 2002

Old 10-18-2018, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that Josh is wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs shirt. I love how he embraces being Canadian.

We might have to put those pics in the new Thread for Josh's leading Ladies.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread