Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2018, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

Sitting in the hotel lounge waiting for the taxi 🚖 to the Airport. Will post again tomorrow. Shame about josh and the Affair. Don't know if I will be watching next season.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Sitting in the hotel lounge waiting for the taxi 🚖 to the Airport. Will post again tomorrow. Shame about josh and the Affair. Don't know if I will be watching next season.
I hope you had a great trip.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 09-27-2018, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

We had a lovely holiday and the hotel really lived up to it's 5* rating. Some people have mentioned on trip advisor that it was old fashioned and a bit shabby! Really they don't know the difference between retro and old fashioned. It is done out in an art deco style with lovely old dressers and furniture in the lounges to match the art deco style. The pool was gorgeous and heated just enough to make swimming comfortable and the rest rooms and changing area were really pleasant to use. All the staff were on the ball and if anything went wrong it was checked and fixed immediately. Have to go now as the shopping wont do itself - unfortunately.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

Is anyone doing anything for Halloween this year? We have bought some sweets for any kids that come calling, but not doing any parties or anything. My son and his girlfriend are spending the weekend at hers and are dressing her dog up in a ghost-buster outfit. Apparently he is not very impressed at the idea. Poor Freddy. He is a cross between a poodle and another small breed and looks a bit like Freeway from the 80s Hart to Hart series.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No specific plans for Halloween. I have an appointment to get new brakes on the Van that afternoon and I just know the Bill will be scary

Old 10-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Big bills are more scary than any Halloween monster. Another scary thing is that no kids will call round and I will have to eat the candy myself! Not good for someone who is desperate to lose weight for my next holiday. I had to buy a mans xxx size jacket and waterproof trousers for my Search for the Northern Lights trip to North Norway in February. Hardly any ski-wear or outdoor wear go up to my size!
Old 10-28-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Big bills are more scary than any Halloween monster. Another scary thing is that no kids will call round and I will have to eat the candy myself! Not good for someone who is desperate to lose weight for my next holiday. I had to buy a mans xxx size jacket and waterproof trousers for my Search for the Northern Lights trip to North Norway in February. Hardly any ski-wear or outdoor wear go up to my size!
I hear you there.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

I just tried on the over-trousers I got for my trip, and they just fit. I thought they would have been much bigger than they are. I really must lose some inches from my middle so I can fit into appropriate clothing.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

I have to go now as hubby has just come to the room to go to bed. He has to get up early tomorrow as he is a steward at a Trades Union conference in Blackpool. He's almost busier now than before he retired.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Too funny.

It's been a long week for me. It's a 6 day work week for me. I will be so glad when it's over.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

I was wrong about the conference. It is actually the Labour Party conference. I'm going down stairs to fix myself an Aperol Spritz, be back shortly. I have posted 2 avatars in the avatar thread and would like some feedback to see if I'm on the right track. Thanks.

Sorry about the long week, but just think of the lovely pay packet at the end of the month!

Last edited by LWS53; 11-03-2018 at 02:40 PM
Old 11-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Power was out all evening due to high winds and it just got back on, so this is the first opportunity I've had to get online since I got home from work. At least it waited until after supper.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

I am feeling really ill today! I must have caught a bug off my son as he had to come away from work due to gastro enteritis and came round here to recover on Monday. He has gone to work today but left me with the bug. I think it must be Noro-virus which is a short lived infection of the gut. I'll just have to ride it out.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's terrible, I hope you feel better soon.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry I didn't appear yesterday but I felt really ill. After the tummy upset cleared up (or almost) I came down with a really bad cold which made me very tired. I had to stay downstairs most of yesterday waiting for an Autoglass repair man to replace our car windshield, then when it was fit to drive I had to go out to get some fish for the cat. I also bought a ready meal and when I had that just crawled off to bed and slept the rest of the evening until hubby came home after a day out with his friend. He had already made the arrangements, so it would have been difficult for him to change them.

I'm a lot better now but will l have an early night to try to shake the cold off as I have a flu vaccine and a hair appointment scheduled for Monday.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread