Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

I really felt for Noah especially his relationship (or lack of it) with his children. Something really traumatic must have happened to him in prison, for his attitude to change so much. This episode is the first one where I have felt some empathy with him, and care what happens to him. I'm still confused about the Knife episode.

Last edited by LWS53; 11-22-2016 at 05:31 PM
Old 11-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
There are two possible explanations to me about what happened at the end of the episode.
Ditto and possibly a 3rd.

Spoiler:

Lesley - to hide the spoiler info you use the [sp] just like you use [img] for pics.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-22-2016, 06:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

So I just watched Ep 2. I'll try and comment with no spoilers lol.

It's a Helen/Alison perspective only. So Cole is there, although briefly. We find out why Alison went away, and why Cole has custody of Joanie.

Also, whoever said Luisa is in charge, I agree.

Definitely enjoyed E2 more than 1. And not just because Cole was there, i just found it more interesting storytelling, for both women. Maura is incredible.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Ditto and possibly a 3rd.

Spoiler:

Read this.

Spoiler:
Old 11-23-2016, 01:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I really felt for Noah especially his relationship (or lack of it) with his children. Something really traumatic must have happened to him in prison, for his attitude to change so much. This episode is the first one where I have felt some empathy with him, and care what happens to him. I'm still confused about the Knife episode.
I agree with you. As for the knife scene, JJH85 and i are discussing about it.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I do my best to separate Dominic from the character.

I think Dominic is a great actor, I've enjoyed lots of his shows/films. I hate Noah. And I can only believe that he's acting it as written/directed, as intended by Sarah et al, since she seems so happy with the character. Inspiring such intense dislike suggests to me he's a very good actor.

I downloaded Ep 2, will watch later.
I'm convinced Dominic West actually realizes how awful Noah is while Sarah Treem is enthusing about him. Also, Dominic West was hilarious in that Paley panel.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Last night I had a awful dream that was an episode of the Affair with Cole and Alison and even Oscar. You know when you first wake up and you're like "omg, is that real? did that happen?" Okay, I always think that when I wake up from dream. And then I thought to myself, "nope, could not be real, because Noah didn't appear once." (Obviously none of it could happen because it was just my stupid dream, but also, even my subconscious doesn't want Noah, lol.)
Old 11-23-2016, 07:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I'm convinced Dominic West actually realizes how awful Noah is while Sarah Treem is enthusing about him. Also, Dominic West was hilarious in that Paley panel.
That would be pretty funny. Internally rolling his eyes at Noah. . Dominic seems like a gentleman in real life, I wouldn't be surprised.

He was really funny at that panel, and I got the impression that Josh really likes him. So has to be a cool guy.

I loved him in the movie Pride. And The Hour, I was so disappointed that was cancelled.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Passionate Fan

just watched episode 1! Wow, the whole episode is Noah centric! I feel bad for Noah though. It seems like those 3 years in prison were not good for him but I feel bad for Helen. She just keeps on trying, acting as if Noah is still her responsibility (when he's not and obviously he wants to be alone). I was wondering why Whitney was not in the funeral.

Anyhoo, Noah got stabbed in the eye in the prison (????) also I liked the Audrey character in e1
Old 11-23-2016, 11:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
I was wondering why Whitney was not in the funeral.
Maybe she didn't want to meet her father, because of what she thinks he did.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think Helen never really accepted her marriage was over, seems to act as if they'll be back together someday. Glutton for punishment.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ep. 3.04 promotional photos and synopsis

The Affair - Episode 3.04 - Promotional Photos & Synopsis

Quote:

Synopsis:

Cole is put in an increasingly impossible situation by Alison's return to his life. Alison must contend with Luisa while attempting to reconnect with her daughter. Simultaneously, a dangerous passion threatens to wreck everything.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
So I just watched Ep 2. I'll try and comment with no spoilers lol.

It's a Helen/Alison perspective only. So Cole is there, although briefly. We find out why Alison went away, and why Cole has custody of Joanie.

Also, whoever said Luisa is in charge, I agree.

Definitely enjoyed E2 more than 1. And not just because Cole was there, i just found it more interesting storytelling, for both women. Maura is incredible.
Well, it was Alison POV. When we finally get Cole POV in ep 4, (I think we are getting Cole POV in ep 4) we might see a different dynamic between Cole and Luisa.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
Well, it was Alison POV. When we finally get Cole POV in ep 4, (I think we are getting Cole POV in ep 4) we might see a different dynamic between Cole and Luisa.
That is true. It's obvious there is no love lost between Luisa and Alison.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Looking forward to seeing the next episode. I wish they had released ep 2 with ep 1 like last year.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread