Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This Loud Morning - David's Sophomore Album Discussion #2: "I just wrote about life."

Welcome to the 2nd "This Loud Morning" thread!

David's highly anticipated major label sophomore album.

Cover art for the Deluxe Edition of "This Loud Morning" and the Acoustic EP "This Quiet NIght":

(click to enlarge)

Release Date: June 28th, 2011

Tracklisting:
1. Circadian
2. Right Here, with You
3. We Believe
4. Fade Into Me
5. Hard to Believe
6. Take Me As I Am
7. Time Marches On
8. The Last Goodbye
9. Paper Heart
10. 4 Letter Word
11. Goodbye to The Girl
12. Rapid Eye Movement

Bonus Tracks (Deluxe Edition):
13. This Is Not the Last Time
14. Sunlight

PRE-ORDER HERE

Quote:
(New York – NY) - Season 7 American Idol winner David Cook will be releasing his sophomore album, This Loud Morning (19 Recordings/RCA Records), on June 28th. This Loud Morning will be made available for pre-sale at DavidCookOfficial.com beginning on April 19th.

Cook will be returning to the American Idol stage on April 21st to perform the first single, “The Last Goodbye.” “The Last Goodbye” will be available for sale at DavidCookOfficial.com, iTunes and all other digital providers, as well as be serviced to radio on April 19th.

“The Last Goodbye” will also be made available as a free instant grat on April 19th for those who pre-order (or have already pre-ordered) This Loud Morning on DavidCookOfficial.com. The site also features new premium album configurations, which include exclusive music, merchandise and signed memorabilia.

Executive produced by Matt Serletic (Rob Thomas, Matchbox Twenty, Collective Soul), This Loud Morning features tracks written and co-written by Cook along with many acclaimed songwriters including, David Hodges, Ryan Tedder, Kevin Griffin and Marti Frederiksen.

Says Cook, "This album is the culmination of one of the loftiest endeavors I've ever undertaken. The end result is an album that I cannot wait to share with everyone." [Source]
Comprehensive list of all the available details:

Resource: TBA Sophomore Album (David Cook) | DavidCookOfficial.com

Previous Threads:

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 05-17-2011 at 12:27 AM
Old 03-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

David talking about the record on ET:

Quote:
In the Studio With 'American Idol' Alum David Cook!
ETonline.com

By BRYAN LYNN
March 03, 2011

ET went into the studio with "American Idol" winner David Cook, who gives us a preview of what to expect from his much anticipated upcoming album.

Cook -- who followed up his win on "American Idol" in 2008 with a global concert tour -- says he immediately went to work writing the new album after going off the road in 2009. He says the writing process involves narrowing 80 songs down to about 12 and is hard work: "This record was the most difficult, but I think the most gratifying record I've made to date," he says, adding that: "nothing good is ever easy."

The 28-year-old crooner says the new album reflects the ups and downs of his own life and admits some parts came from "a bit of a darker place." "I just wrote about life - and life's not always easy, it's not always fun. But I think those real moments are hopefully what's going to shine through. I want my fans to feel like when they listen to this record that I'm being honest with them."

Continued at the source
The song we hear is called "The Last Time". I'm loving it! It's good to be a David Cook fan these days.

ALSO, I NEED A TITLE FOR THE THREAD. It can't be up to me this time. And if you have any ideas as to what to do with the OP, please let me know, because I am aware it sucks. xD
Old 03-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I STILL CANNOT HANDLE THESE THINGS....

But, um title... maybe just his quote "I just wrote about life." ?
Visit DCook & AI
Old 03-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've been so giddy since I read the news! I legit had a freak-out when I got home and heard the song for the first time.

Aww, that's a great idea!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm getting really excited for the album.

To know that David had a hand in all the songs is such an amazing thing.

And that Andy, Kyle, and Neal will also have had a hand in the making of it....thumbs up boys....two thumbs up even
Old 03-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's so awesome that he wrote or co-wrote ALL the songs this time around! He'll finally have a song of his own released as a single.

And I'm so happy and excited that the boys got a co-write on the record! It's bound to be magic, I can't wait to hear it!

And I also can't wait to hear what he "just wrote about life" and the stuff coming from a darker place.

BTW, the song heard in the ET clip, "The Last Time", is one of the latest to appear on ASCAP (as mentioned in the previous thread) and was writtenn by David, Chris DeStefano and David Hodges.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread! And for the video in the second post! The OP looks great.

Will you guys be pre-ordering? I'll make sure to get it on amazon. com when it's available.

Quote:
To know that David had a hand in all the songs is such an amazing thing.

And that Andy, Kyle, and Neal will also have had a hand in the making of it....thumbs up boys....two thumbs up even
Agreed. Two thumbs aren't even enough.

And David's 'Don't You (Forget About Me)' sounds amazing.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome! And thanks. If you have any ideas for the OP, please let me know!

I pre-ordered. I have never ever pre-ordered anything in my life before. Cook, you're special.

Quote:
Agreed. Two thumbs aren't even enough.
I know right. This fact alone, that we'll be getting a new DNA co-write is enough to keep me happy for the rest of the year!

Quote:
And David's 'Don't You (Forget About Me)' sounds amazing.
Agreed 100 %!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay for your first pre-order! No ideas at the moment, but I'll make sure to give you some input if I have any brainwaves. I really how it is. I can't until we can actually but the real album artwork on there.
Quote:
This fact alone, that we'll be getting a new DNA co-write is enough to keep me happy for the rest of the year!
This is pretty great. I like that David has a hand in all of the songs.

Quote:
He says the writing process involves narrowing 80 songs down to about 12 and is hard work: "This record was the most difficult, but I think the most gratifying record I've made to date," he says, adding that: "nothing good is ever easy."
I love that David describes the album making process at gratifying. And the whole bit about narrowing 80 to 12 songs? I could never choose!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

So we still waiting on a release date for him?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think so. We don't have an exact date as of yet.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_Symmetry (View Post)
I think so. We don't have an exact date as of yet.
Ah ok sure we will soon enough
Old 03-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeJelliot (View Post)
Ah ok sure we will soon enough
It should be exciting to know when.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So, RCA Ed, the official RCA (David's record label) moderator over at DCO opened a thread there to answer fans' questions today. Here's some intel:

Quote:
SO, you can definitely expect a firm album street date very soon, along with a single to listen to. I'll be attempting to give the single to the fans who already pre-ordered the album first, by the way, even if it's 5 minutes ahead of the radio servicing.

I can virtually guarantee that (barring some outlandish publishing anomaly) all lyrics will be included in the CD jacket.

The fact that SO many of you have placed pre-orders (over 3,000) here on DCO with absolutely ZERO information about the final album or its release date is amazing, and not lost on any of us. Trust me, we'll be bending over backwards to provide that info ASAP, repaying you with content ahead of the rest of the universe as often as possible, and offering you one-click upgrades to any deluxe configurations that are eventually created with the content we've been harvesting behind the scenes over the past 6 months.

David wasn't happy with any acoustic or live recordings from the last tour and album cycle, and, because we had not yet actually BUILT the flexible online store you see today, pursuing such limited edition and fan-target releases was simply not an option back then. But we will certainly be exploring and creating additional products for DC during this upcoming album cycle, specifically with you diehard fans in mind.

I believe the ex-U.S. orders were in the 5-10% range, which is pretty consistent with DCO's traffic split as well.

There's also no set plan as to how the band members will share in David's promotional work behind the album, if at all. TBD.

I'll be bringing multiple online opportunities to David for consideration throughout the album set-up and release, so I hope we'll have numerous opportunities to capture live footage for you guys to watch and maybe own, if everything lines up.

RCA would probably have to pay a hefty sum to the company that owns the rights to David's pre-AI catalog, so although it's not unheard of for deals to be struck for reissues like that, I don't think there are any discussions about doing so at this time. We gotta get this new album out!

Source
He also answered some questions about a paid fan club and tour schedules etc.

So, a release date should be coming SOON! How soon is "soon" is the question. Very good to hear that lyrics will be included in the CD jacket. The pre-order numbers seem pretty great to me and I'm sure they'll get even higher when there's actual info on the album. And yay, I'm one of those 5-10 % ex-US people, whee! Very curious about the deluxe configurations. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be able to include the band in the promotion somehow!

Also pretty interesting that it was supposedly up to David that any live footage from the last album cycle was not released... And I understand that it could be hard to release any of the pre-Idol stuff but man, wouldn't that be amazing??

---

As mentioned in the news thread, there are two live shows coming up, Pet-A-Palooza on April 9th and the Concert For Hope on April 29th, and it's my personal speculation that there will be a single out by then (because it would be just stupid to me not to have any new music to build interest when David finally starts to be in the public eye again ). Not to mention the other AI appearance, since two seem to have been confirmed (as per here).

Anyway, it seem that the ball is rolling which is awesome!

Quote:
I love that David describes the album making process at gratifying. And the whole bit about narrowing 80 to 12 songs? I could never choose!
I loved that he used that word to describe it too. And I could never choose either, I mean I have hard time deciding on less important things already. xD But wow, 80 songs! Well, he was writing for a long time. And I hope 12 is just not the default number of songs on albums in general, but actually means there will be 12 of them (plus bonus tracks). I read that lately it's become more and more common to have only 10 songs on an album. So let it be 12!

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 03-15-2011 at 06:48 PM
Old 03-17-2011, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info, Laura. Always appreciate it. Release date coming soon. I love it when lyrics are included in the CD insert so that's great to hear as well.

Quote:
But we will certainly be exploring and creating additional products for DC during this upcoming album cycle, specifically with you diehard fans in mind.
Not sure what they mean here but it sounds cool.

Quote:
Anyway, it seem that the ball is rolling which is awesome!
Lots of stuff to look forward to. It's great!

With you about your last comment. 12 would be nice. Can't be worse than Radiohead's newest album with only 8, lol, so I might even take 10!