Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

It doesn't matter tbh, this show is dead.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:15 PM
New Fan

Do you really think it is dead? I have watched GH for years but more and more I am starting to think there is no hope.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm thinking it's probably pretty dead in the water.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

I sadly agree. but, i do hope that it ends well and obviously GW is not doing that.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

I'm 90% set on them announcing cancellation in the spring. And tbqh with the way the show is right now I wont be too heart broken.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 11-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

It just makes me sad that it will be officially gone, no hope to be as it once was with an actual good writer. And I love all the characters. It's just sad to me.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

There's so much rich history and legacy character stories that could have been told. I firmly believe that the intense focus on the mob stories is part of what's sunk the ship.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just can't imagine GH staying afloat with what they're going to be doing in the next few months. I just can't.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think it will be either. ABC is dying to get out of the Soaps business.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

And Katie Couric's new show has tied up a lot of the affiliates that used to be the GH timeslot, come September.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just saw this on my twitter feed:

Quote:
ABC Daytime has released their official statement regarding the replacement of Jill Farren Phelps as executive producer of GENERAL HOSPITAL with former ONE LIFE TO LIVE head Frank Valentini, news that Soaps In Depth broke last night. Additionally, the network is officially confirming that OLTL head scribe Ron Carlivati will be taking over as headwriter of the drama series. Both positions are effective January 9, 2012.

"Frank and Ron's creativity, passion and outstanding leadership will be a welcome addition to the cast and crew, as well as viewers and longtime fans," says ABC Daytime president Brian Frons in the statement. "As creative leaders in the industry, I am very excited for their arrival to GH and their dedication to the genre will certainly invigorate the daytime drama that has been part of the pop culture and the TV landscape for many years."

Valentini -- who has served as OLTL's executive producer since 2002 -- adds, "I look forward to this next exciting chapter working with the wonderful cast and crew of GH. This is an incredible opportunity for me to extend my passion and expertise for daytime television as I continue my relationship with Disney/ABC Television Group and become part of an extraordinary team in 2012."

For his part, Carlivati was a member of the OLTL team for 15 years, serving as headwriter from 2007-2011. While sources tell Soaps In Depth that Carlivati will be replacing current GH headwriter Garin Wolf at the post, ABC has yet to officially comment on what Wolf's future status with the soap will be.
Source: ABC Announces GH/OLTL Switch - ABC Soaps In Depth

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
Old 12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Michael posted about it, too. He used a JaSam pic so, I'll link him, too.
General Hospital Shake-Up: Jill Farren Phelps Is Out as Show Boss, New Headwriter Named! - TVLine

I fear this is what's happening; "Is ABCD looking to bolster the show’s future or put in place the best team to prepare its swan song?"

But, either way it looks like good news. Hopefully not a GW repeat.

Is it bad that this kinda made me giddy. If GH is going to end I really want JJ to be part of it. And KMc but, I don't think she'll return. This is just spec, of course.

Quote:

@soapsindepthabc Do you think this change will impact the stories of Jonathan Jackson & Kimberly McCullough at all? Or is it a lost cause?
52 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
in reply to ↑

@soapsindepthabc
Soaps In Depth ABC
@clp1103 I think that's a VERY good question. If I had to GUESS? I think Jackson might be wooed back... pure speculation.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love for JJ to be wooed back and maybe these changes can do it. And I might even tune in to see how the new writer does things compared to GW.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
Old 12-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

They are saying that GW is out and RC is replacing him.

Quote:
ABC Daytime has released their official statement regarding the replacement of Jill Farren Phelps as executive producer of GENERAL HOSPITAL with former ONE LIFE TO LIVE head Frank Valentini, news that Soaps In Depth broke last night. Additionally, the network is officially confirming that OLTL head scribe Ron Carlivati will be taking over as headwriter of the drama series. Both positions are effective January 9, 2012."Frank and Ron's creativity, passion and outstanding leadership will be a welcome addition to the cast and crew, as well as viewers and longtime fans," says ABC Daytime president Brian Frons in the statement. "As creative leaders in the industry, I am very excited for their arrival to GH and their dedication to the genre will certainly invigorate the daytime drama that has been part of the pop culture and the TV landscape for many years."Valentini --*!*who has served as OLTL's executive producer since 2002 -- adds, "I look forward to this next exciting chapter working with the wonderful cast and crew of GH. This is an incredible opportunity for me to extend my passion and expertise for daytime television as I continue my relationship with Disney/ABC Television Group and become part of an extraordinary team in 2012."For his part, Carlivati was a member of the OLTL team for 15 years, serving as headwriter from 2007-2011. While sources tell Soaps In Depth that Carlivati will be replacing current GH headwriter Garin Wolf at the post, ABC has yet to officially comment on what Wolf's future status with the soap will be.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Well I think OLTL has been the strongest of the soaps for years now. Part of it is their cast, but, despite some dips in the road, the creative team is pretty solid. So I think either way, GH has got to see some improvement out of this.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread