Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Passionate Fan

TV highlights 05/08/2013 | Television & radio | The Guardian

Skins: Rise – Part Two
10pm, E4

Quote:
The Skins franchise draws to a close with the second part of the story of Cook (Jack O'Connell). Having cheated on girlfriend Emma with the missus of murderous drug dealer Louie (Liam Boyle), Cook spectacularly misses the point of Bonnie and Clyde by going on the run with both women. The formula of gritty aesthetic plus dark twists guarantees a nail-biting, dramatic finale to this special seventh series, even if it does feel a world away from the era-defining drama about teenage life of previous years.

Quote:
Kate Lane ‏@KLDProductions
#Lily Loveless, Chloe Partridge, Kate Lane chilling in the forest before a take for #fearofwater
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Lily's hair looks lovely in that pic

Anywho.. Skins ends today.... wish I could care.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Not a bad ep. After all, HE'S COOOOOOOOOK!!!

Skins Rise part 2 review | Den of Geek

Quote:
We’ve reached the end, Skins fans, and it’s a safe bet that we won’t be returning following this brave and unflinching final episode. Whether it satisfies or appals will probably have something to do with your enjoyment of this seventh series in general, as this is very much an ending to Cook’s story, and not to the series as a whole.

But, then again, I would be saying the same thing had we finished with Fire and Pure, and maybe some of us missed the point of this farewell series entirely. It wasn’t to say goodbye, but to create something new out of an old, worn-out concept. These three characters were chosen because of how well-loved and brilliantly crafted they are, and we’ve now gotten to see them as adults. Did we need to? No. Is it a bummer that there was so much tragedy in their lives post-Roundview College? Yes, but at least their comebacks haven’t been timid or forgettable. They’ve gotten a reaction.

Over the past six weeks watching Skins Fire, Pure and Rise has been a pretty testing time for old fans of the show. Favourite characters have been killed off, the desired references to past events and relationships have been missing and only one of the three returning protagonists has had an ending that can be described as happy. There are those who refuse to acknowledge that this seventh run of episodes even exists, and others who have enjoyed the more grown-up tone to the previously uneven teenage stories, but I guess most people fall somewhere in the middle of these two perspectives.

Time changes everyone, and well done to Skins, the show that defied convention by featuring three casts of unknowns (many of whom have gone on to big things), for taking this final step away from the expected. Teen dramas don’t pick up with their characters half a decade later before leaving them again forever, but it’s a move that seemed totally sensible when it came to E4’s celebrated and maligned gem. Having grown up with the show I, for one, will miss it dearly, but am content that, rather than go out with the lacklustre third generation last year, we got to visit Jamie Brittain and Bryan Elsley’s world one last time.
Skins S7 DVD Review

Quote:
As much as I enjoyed the episodes (despite their grimness) and seeing some of the characters again, along with the superb acting, filming and cinematography, the thing the writers failed to see is the reason why many watched Skins in the first place: FUN! Yes the audience has grown-up just like the characters but I’m pretty certain there must be some positive stories in there somewhere. In some ways these episodes undo some of the previous series more satisfying conclusions but they also give us the audience the opportunity the experience some great characters and also the growth in these actors abilities.

If you’ve never seen an episode of Skins I think you could quite easily think these are good quality well-written episodes and enjoy them for that purpose alone. However, if you’re a fan, or someone who has dipped in and out of the long-running series and are expecting a fun ride and a nicely tied up ending then you will be sorely disappointed.

Seeing where these messed-up kids ended up and discovering what kind of people they have become will be part of the journey and reason many watched the TV series or will buy the DVD. Just don’t expect it to be happy.

Lily's definition of editing and grading? Priceless
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

I know, best part of that BTS
Old 08-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Passionate Fan

http://totalbull****blog.wordpress.c...rise-part-two/

Quote:
It wasn’t until viewing this episode that I really came to appreciate what this 7th series represented. It was never meant to be a goodbye, and that was what seemed to be so difficult for everyone to grasp. It was never an epilogue. It was simply another chapter.

This was a chance to check back in with teenagers as adults. It was a reminder that life will always be difficult; there will always be insurmountable odds to overcome. Some endings were tragic (Naomi and Emily), some were happy (Cassie), and some, in their own twisted way, made a lot of sense (Effy).

This road is a journey, and there are many stops along the way. There’ll be laughter, tears, birth, death; rebirth. If there’s one thing that Skins set out to prove from the very beginning, it’s that life is something that is uncontrollable, but it is something that happens to everyone.

At its best, Skins was an honest and brave portrayal of growing up in this rapidly changing world. It shaped a new generation as much as that generation shaped it.

So thank you, Skins. Thank you for not being afraid.

Quote:
Lily Loveless Brasil ‏@LilyLovelessBR
@KLDProductions Thank you very much by posting and saying about the new film, we love Lily Loveless and we know the film will be great!=D

Kate Lane ‏@KLDProductions
@LilyLovelessBR thanks. She's gonna be fantastic! A really lovely down to earth girl and a brilliant actor who hasn't given her best yet!

Last edited by Pinot Grigio; 08-09-2013 at 08:11 AM
Old 08-08-2013, 04:43 AM
New Fan

Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Well, hello there TEASER

Fear of Water Teaser on Vimeo

Oh My Loveless!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

ahhhhhhh I wanna watch but I can't cause I am at work I'll have to wait until I get home
Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Passionate Fan

I hope you had the chance to watch it. Lily was all kinds of amazing ( and hot! ) in it

And there was a LOT of chemistry between her and Chloe

Can't wait to watch it!

Quote:
chloe partridge ‏@chloeapartridge
On a bike bitches! #fearofwater Instagram

Should Skins have been revived? | Television & radio | theguardian.com

Skins: the best of series 1 to 7 - exclusive clip | Radio Times

Look who's gorgeous face is on the cover
Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

I still don't understand why they added Anwar in the cover...??? REALLY? Chris should be there, not Anwar.

Lovely pic! I saw the teaser, I think this film is going to be baaad I dunno, I cringed with the awful background music but Lily looks lovely
Old 08-10-2013, 02:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Let's hope we only saw a rough cut. As Lily would say, now it's post production time where they make it look nice

This is at the Skins party

Though, what is Meg trying to do? Ignite a thousand Kaomi fics?

(Thanks, Meg!)
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Was Series Seven Of Skins Even Worth It At All? | Junkee

Quote:
While Fire and Pure flirted with some of the dark themes that we’ve seen play out in earlier seasons, Rise takes Skins to a level it’s never previously reached. The show has always dabbled in sadism and brutality, but never failed to temper the darker moments with the light, and all the serious moments have always seemed so absurd that it’s been easier to read them as satire.

But it’s hard to read Rise as satirical. Watching the second episode in the arc, you have to wonder if the creators of the show simply felt like making a horror movie instead; perhaps, aware that this would be the last of Skins forever, they decided to pull out everything they had and go for broke.
Joe Dempsie remembers the 'Skins' legacy, Chris and screaming fans - Skins News - TV - Digital Spy

Quote:
I think the fact that so many of the actors have gone on to do so many great things is probably the most satisfying part of the show's legacy. I think it was Dan Kaluuya after we finished series two, who said that he knew in ten years' time we'd be able to look back and say, 'Wow, look at all the great actors we had'. We're only seven years on, but I think we can already say that. It's astounding. The fact some of the country's most exciting young actors were part of it made it even more satisfying.

"Skins had been a brilliant breeding ground for young actors, young directors and young writers. It was a safe environment to experiment, it tried new things and it was an amazing time and amazing to be part of it.

Moar Lily at the Skins party

Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Where did these pics come from? I saw some Jack pics on the weekend and also some Hannah pics
Old 08-12-2013, 01:29 PM
New Fan

It's so unfair one can be so gorgeous, even when pulling such a horrible face.

Bummed I missed the teaser before it was erased from existence.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Bummed I missed the teaser before it was erased from existence.
Just hang in there. The official trailer will be out soon. Then we can all fangirl together

Quote:
Where did these pics come from?
They've been all over people's facebooks lately

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5463186&type=1]

What has become of the three Skins generations? - The National Student

Quote:
Lily Loveless (Naomi Campbell): Lily was another second generation Skins cast member who returned for series 7 but, in the interim, has done pretty well for herself on the small screen. Lily had regular roles in Combat Kids (2010), The Sarah Jane Adventures (2011) and The Fades (2011) and a number of one-off appearances in programmes such as Bedlam (2011), Wallander (2012) and Good Cop (2012). It’s a pretty good guess that more acting is on the cards for Lily, just watch this space…