View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Pinot Grigio
Passionate Fan

Was Series Seven Of Skins Even Worth It At All? | Junkee

Quote:
While Fire and Pure flirted with some of the dark themes that we’ve seen play out in earlier seasons, Rise takes Skins to a level it’s never previously reached. The show has always dabbled in sadism and brutality, but never failed to temper the darker moments with the light, and all the serious moments have always seemed so absurd that it’s been easier to read them as satire.

But it’s hard to read Rise as satirical. Watching the second episode in the arc, you have to wonder if the creators of the show simply felt like making a horror movie instead; perhaps, aware that this would be the last of Skins forever, they decided to pull out everything they had and go for broke.
Joe Dempsie remembers the 'Skins' legacy, Chris and screaming fans - Skins News - TV - Digital Spy

Quote:
I think the fact that so many of the actors have gone on to do so many great things is probably the most satisfying part of the show's legacy. I think it was Dan Kaluuya after we finished series two, who said that he knew in ten years' time we'd be able to look back and say, 'Wow, look at all the great actors we had'. We're only seven years on, but I think we can already say that. It's astounding. The fact some of the country's most exciting young actors were part of it made it even more satisfying.

"Skins had been a brilliant breeding ground for young actors, young directors and young writers. It was a safe environment to experiment, it tried new things and it was an amazing time and amazing to be part of it.

Moar Lily at the Skins party