Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea (View Post)
I'm in the minority but I actually liked the episode. It's interesting to see how most people were rather underwhelmed by it. It didn't bring anything important into our lives, but it was the most interesting out of the three stories (OK, I didn't watch Pure but I assumed that Cassie was so boring and pointless that it would be a waste of time). And it was nice to see Cook again. I liked it because his story, unlike Effy's, obviously had a connection with his past, I'd like them to talk more about Freddie though. I think this episode was very tense, sometimes a bit predictable, but I liked it and I think it was a good idea to end Skins with this story out of the three.
I agree, I liked the episode as well. I found it compelling, whereas Fire and Pure were hard to get into. Jack O'Connell is really fantastic. I also thought it was visually amazing, and I was glad that Cook did not kill Louie, as he discussed how hard it was living with the guilt of killing Dr. Foster. I just wish there was a bit more resolution to Cook's story, I really wanted to see how he'd end up. But it's skins, lol.
brenda♥ icon by causticammo
Old 08-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Did Pure also end without any specific closure? Both Rise and Fire had kind of an open ending, we technically did know what was going to happen (especially in Fire) but we can still kind of create a completely different ending if we want to. Maybe that's what the creators wanted.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Watched Fire, watched Pure ... but can't bring myself to watch the very last of Skins. Not expecting much, it's been a downhill coast since gen 1 ended for me, but even so ...

If you could go to a deathbed anytime you wanted, you'd wait until you were really in the right mood, wouldn't you?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think if you survived Fire and Pure you're strong enough to watch Rise! It was the best out of the three.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:28 AM
Addicted Fan

I found Jack's voiceover narration kinda cringeworthy

Not because hes not morgan freeman

but also how theyve cleaned up/ washed up his diction

Jack had a rough sounding "Chav" accent when he was on Gen 2, Cook speaking smoothly to be understood is not right
Old 09-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Total Fan

Haven't watched any of rise yet because I've been away, tbh I'm not sure I care enough to watch

Would anyone recommend that I do? Or would it be a waste of time.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

I liked part1, I think it was the best episode of the 6! Part 2 tho, that one was too over the top for me
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 09-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Total Fan

ah so like a short version of gen 3
Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 09-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-Skins (View Post)
ah so like a short version of gen 3
slow clap it out.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-Skins (View Post)
Haven't watched any of rise yet because I've been away, tbh I'm not sure I care enough to watch

Would anyone recommend that I do? Or would it be a waste of time.
If you want to be deceived once again in one of the most horrific ending I have ever watched by all means, go

Icon
Old 09-12-2013, 03:00 AM
Total Fan

I don't think I'm gonna bother I've been hurt by Skins too much, its getting to the point where I can't remember why I once liked it tbh, I feel like I should rewatch some of my fav eps as a reminder.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
its getting to the point where I can't remember why I once liked it tbh, I feel like I should rewatch some of my fav eps as a reminder.
This! I'm honestly embarrassed that I ever enjoyed it. It wasn't helped by the fact that I actually taught a class on skins this past semester. I organized by theme and assigned watching episodes based on the themes they had in common. From doing that, you see that everything is so repetitive. Now when I try to watch an episode I just see the same love triangles and toxic best friend dynamics over and over.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:55 AM
New Fan

It has been a while since this aired and... I still don't get what the point was. And that scene in part 2 where he dreams about that friend who no one cared about still feels like a big FU to anyone who was hoping for something about Freddie. It would have made more sense if it had been him who appeared in the dream considering it was obvious he was still not over what happened.

Urgh, why did they even bother with S7?
Old 09-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

They're pathologically incapable of quitting while they're ahead.