Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Is this the fashion film or another project?
Old 10-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm thinking it's a different project.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the news,so excited!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:47 PM
jou
Part-Time Fan

O M G ELLEN BURSTYN! Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, The Exorcist, Requiem for a Dream, and many more - she is SO awesome!

This is a real casting coup as far as I'm concerned, and an incredible opportunity for Blake. A lead role opposite an acting legend and the story sounds really interesting. I'm SO happy for her - and us! I can't wait to see who they cast in the male lead (Aaron Johnson would be nice - calling Freckles out of the Savages thread. )

I think this might be the movie where she gets to wear fashion from different eras - the character doesn't age so she will probably live through many time periods.

Blake is going to be in a move with Ellyn Burstyn... this is better than I ever dared to hope for.

Here's the Deadline story: http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/blak...ge-of-adaline/
Old 10-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I wonder who they cast as the male lead and where they'll be filming on location.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jou (View Post)
O M G ELLEN BURSTYN! Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, The Exorcist, Requiem for a Dream, and many more - she is SO awesome!

This is a real casting coup as far as I'm concerned, and an incredible opportunity for Blake. A lead role opposite an acting legend and the story sounds really interesting. I'm SO happy for her - and us! I can't wait to see who they cast in the male lead (Aaron Johnson would be nice - calling Freckles out of the Savages thread. )

I think this might be the movie where she gets to wear fashion from different eras - the character doesn't age so she will probably live through many time periods.

Blake is going to be in a move with Ellyn Burstyn... this is better than I ever dared to hope for.

Here's the Deadline story: Blake Lively, Ellen Burstyn Set To Star In 'The Age Of Adaline' - Deadline.com
It's def a casting coup but considering Blake's star meter on imdb its not a shock
Old 10-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So it is Age if Adaline, it sounds interesting and Ellen is amazing. Considering factors like who her agent is I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's a coup but it is a good move.

Can't wait to see her in costume.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 PM
jou
Part-Time Fan

I confess I don't get the StarMeter thing on IMDb. It seems to fluctuate wildly, and I don't know what it's based on or how much the industry pays attention to it. I know Blake is talented and very popular, but it's still exciting and amazing to see her snag a lead role opposite someone I consider to be a legend, especially after her self-imposed year off (and all the worrying about her career that went with. )

I meant it's a coup for the filmmakers to get Ellen Burstyn. Not to knock the great Angela Lansbury (who was originally rumored for the part), but Ellen is one of my faves. Yes, Blake has good agents, but they must believe in her or they wouldn't take her as a client (and they can't audition for her. )

Last edited by jou; 10-16-2013 at 11:03 PM
Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Starmeter is an indicator of how popular an actor or actress is with the general public more or less. It's not exactly something studios look at but it usually gives a good inclination about what kind of roles they'll land (when it comes to size of character, size of movie...). CAA is pretty good at snatching up the popular ones.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never heard of Ellen before, nor do I remember seeing her in anything..but you guys being so excited about it makes me happy, too!
This looks VERY promisinig already. Cant wait for March!

Quote:
“They’re extraordinarily talented and perfect for telling the beautiful and timeless tale of The Age Of Adaline,” Lakeshore CEO Rosenberg said of Lively and Burstyn.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I confess I don't get the StarMeter thing on IMDb. It seems to fluctuate wildly, and I don't know what it's based on or how much the industry pays attention to it. I know Blake is talented and very popular, but it's still exciting and amazing to see her snag a lead role opposite someone I consider to be a legend, especially after her self-imposed year off (and all the worrying about her career that went with. )

I meant it's a coup for the filmmakers to get Ellen Burstyn. Not to knock the great Angela Lansbury (who was originally rumored for the part), but Ellen is one of my faves. Yes, Blake has good agents, but they must believe in her or they wouldn't take her as a client (and they can't audition for her. )
It's based on the level of activity/views of an actors imdb
Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

great job Jou; your guess was right your're friend with the imdb pro account is an asset. Now work your magic and guess what the other film is going to be?

For all the worrying we did, look how Blake was taking care of business behind the scenes. I guess after the whole Side Effects thing she really wanted to make sure that the role was 100% hers before saying anything.

I'm so excited but we will have to wait awhile seeing as it starts in March but I guess we should be just happy that she's getting back to work

BLAKE LIVELY HQ

Old 10-17-2013, 01:28 PM
jou
Part-Time Fan

It was all Amie! I'm trying to get her to come over here and accept her well-deserved plaudits lol.

It looks like Blake did exactly what she said she was going to do - take a year off, do some traveling, and explore her other interests. It confused the hell out of the "she's a fameho" crowd lol. Now they're they're left scrambling for a new negative meme to push since the "kept woman" has been thoroughly debunked (I'm sure they will have no problem making another one up. )

Anyway, there's another mystery to solve, but this one will be more difficult as according to Blake it's a "secret" - she she told Entertainment Weekly she will be filming a movie in December. Amie's IMDb Pro ended today so I guess it's my turn lol (but I don't know where to begin looking for everything that's filming in December.) I'm guessing it's a small part in something big, but who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
It's based on the level of activity/views of an actors imdb
Oh I should be checking it a lot more then... I haven't been until recently because I didn't think there would be any news (and their boards have too many trolls. )

Last edited by jou; 10-17-2013 at 01:34 PM
Old 10-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So the movie in December is a new one? Damn Blake is good at keeping us guessing

Some IMDb users are so incredibly mean to anything and anyone.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
It was all Amie! I'm trying to get her to come over here and accept her well-deserved plaudits lol.

It looks like Blake did exactly what she said she was going to do - take a year off, do some traveling, and explore her other interests. It confused the hell out of the "she's a fameho" crowd lol. Now they're they're left scrambling for a new negative meme to push since the "kept woman" has been thoroughly debunked (I'm sure they will have no problem making another one up. )

Anyway, there's another mystery to solve, but this one will be more difficult as according to Blake it's a "secret" - she she told Entertainment Weekly she will be filming a movie in December. Amie's IMDb Pro ended today so I guess it's my turn lol (but I don't know where to begin looking for everything that's filming in December.) I'm guessing it's a small part in something big, but who knows...

Oh I should be checking it a lot more then... I haven't been until recently because I didn't think there would be any news (and their boards have too many trolls. )
There is some sort of thing they have on the site where they can tell if its from the same ip address. But it just gages interest in that actors page. I'm so happy for Blake and Ellen Burstyn yay. I hope she has other films in the works. I think with a lot of actors like Blake/Penn they have things in the works on the downlow and you don't find out till just before filming.