Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

I know, but that gives her a reason to go lol. I'm sure she will do both hair/ make-up and beauty like the rest of the others. From her interview with Marie Claire Brazil it sounds like she may be doing their skin/beauty moisturiser So excited though; hope they announce soon.

google translate Source

Quote:
The muse Blake Lively told our editor @ gabicartaxo one of the tricks of his perfect tan: "I love oils and moisturizers with illuminating particles". This and other beauty tips, blog soon Make Pop! # mcemparis

BLAKE LIVELY HQ

Old 10-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the pictures and L'Oreal news. Not a fan of (her) advertising in general, but really, if she wouldnt do hair products anytime soon, who would?!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

The only thing I don't like is the "beacuse we are worth it" tag, its so cheesy But i can't wait for a commercial etc. - this just means we get to see more of Blake (hopefully)

Lots of pics on instagram of Blake at the official announcement - hope that they release the pics soon.

Instagram

Instagram

https://twitter.com/aoifemurtagh/sta...565568/photo/1

https://twitter.com/JuliaPJMcEwen/st...622144/photo/1

BLAKE LIVELY HQ

Old 10-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's definitely a point I cant dismiss. The more Blake, the better!

..and she looks fantastic there! LOVE it. Thanks a lot, off to a promising start already!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Per her Vogue Paris interview, it looks like she's going to start with a beauty campaign (they may release it december/january)
Quote:
You've been a member of the L’Oréal Pairs family for just a few days, what are your first impressions?

"Its an honor to join such a prestigious brand - and such an impressive family of ambassadors! Beyonce, Jane Fonda, Julianne Moore, these are not just beautiful women, they are women of character, not to say power. They sing, act in major films and make their voices heard. It's magical for me to be able to say that I am a member of the same club."

Tell us about your skincare routine.
I've always chosen technical formulas, products that work that bit harder. A moisturizer that hydrates isn't enough for me, it should also blend away pores, preserve the skin's elasticity and give a fresh, smooth look. Basically, a perfect nude-skin look, like airbrush make-up. I ask a lot of my skincare, but I also stick to a very simple three-step routine: cleansing, moisturizing and UV protection. I'm absolutely obsessed with protecting my skin from the sun."

What are your three L'Oréal Paris essentials?
"Sublimist Perfect Skin Corrective Moisturizer, to hydrate and even the skintone with an impressive Photoshop effect; BB Crème Solaire SPF 30 – I never, ever go below SPF 30. And I'm crazy about Color Riche Extraordinaire lip color (out in 2014), which lacquers the lips with rich color without drying."

What diet do you follow?
"I don't! I'm lucky enough to lead a very active life, so I'm always on the go. I don't really need a personal trainer, or watch what I eat. I can't start the day without a hot chocolate, or finish it without a few squares of dark chocolate. Its good for my mood!"

How do you relax?

"I listen to music. Josephine Baker, Billie Holliday, Chuck Berry - unusual voices that have an immediate calming effect on me."

What's your secret weapon when you want to feel beautiful?

"A massage, if possible at the spa in the New York Mandarin Oriental, I love it. I feel much prettier afterwards!"
"Color Riche Extraordinaire lip color (out in 2014), which lacquers the lips with rich color without drying." - I think the red lip stick she wore to the Gucci show may be from that line

on a side not; she really was hustling during her break

BLAKE LIVELY HQ

Last edited by ohsolively; 10-29-2013 at 04:06 PM
Old 10-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Extreme Fan

WOW,what a good news,she's such a perfect ambassador for L'Oreal!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She probably is! Love their statement..

Quote:
"Blake embodies all the modern codes of Hollywood glamour," said L'Oréal Paris president Chyril Chapuy. "She has become a beauty icon for a whole generation with her gorgeous gold-dipped hair, luminous gaze and drop-dead smile. Today, this strong, charismatic and definitely glowing actress is joining the L'Oréal Paris family. And we're so proud to welcome her."
Full article here
Old 11-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not news but I came across a list of celebrities with name changes on Empire's website and Blake's on it:

Quote:
Blake Lively

Reason for change: Brown is the surname of Blake’s father Ernie, who took the surname of his wife, Elaine Lively, when they got married. So legally you’d imagine ‘Lively’ actually is her name. But for some reason it isn’t.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, Emma
Old 11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
jou
Part-Time Fan

Blake was The White House today for First Lady Michelle Obama's Student Film Symposium.

Video of FLOTUS' speech (Blake was sitting directly behind):

First Lady Michelle Obama Hosts a Student Film Symposium - YouTube

The full video hasn't been archived, but U.S. News has a short summary of Blake's comments. It was set-up as a Q&A with moderator Gayle King (Oprah's bff ), so these quotes are responses to Gayle's questions. She was super-sweet to Blake, btw, recounting the time she met Blake's family and how amazingly nice they were and how they seemed so close (she mentioned Blake's brother came with her, too.) Here's the U.S. News report - I've added paraphrased bits from what I remember of the live stream in [ ].

Quote:
At the afternoon discussion, while Goldberg, producer Bruce Cohen, director Ryan Coogler, actress Naomie Harris and director David Frankel all spouted words of wisdom, Lively's story stood out as she talked about her unexpected path into the business.

Lively said in high school she was disinterested in acting, the family business, and interested in attending an Ivy League school. "It was the only thing I knew I didn't want to do," she said of a career in Hollywood. "I wanted to get a great education."

[She didn't know what she wanted to do for a career, which was a little frustrating to someone who was goal-oriented, but her main goal was to go to an Ivy League school.]

To pursue this goal, Lively became class president and practically overdosed on extracurriculars, to the point where the school tried to tell her no. "They said, 'you can't do this,'" she recalled.

[Extracurriculars: Class President, show choir (Gayle: "You can sing too!? Blake: "No, I can't sing at all!" lol), etc. They tried to stop her because they said no one had done it before. She told them if she did and succeeded, then they would get to see a first. She said her mom - who grew up on a farm with little money - instilled her with the belief that anything was possible.]

But the acting bug eventually got Lively and high school administrators again came down on her, not allowing her to walk at graduation because she missed too many school days shooting the movie, "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants."

"They didn't let me do that because they wanted to shut me down," she said. (Years later, they asked the star to speak at graduation. She said no.)

[She said no because she was so hurt - she had only missed a few too many days over the limit to film TSOTTP - but now she wishes she had put that behind her and accepted the opportunity.]

Lively's breakout role came on the CW soap "Gossip Girl." "I thought I tricked them," she said of landing the lead. "I was excited to get free food on set."

[She was told it just a pilot and would probably only run for one season so she held onto her plans to attend university, but one year became six years.]

But, she told the kids, she still did have one minor regret. "If I could, I would go back and I would go to college," Lively said.

["But I still can someday." She spoke about how learning is a lifetime process and every day can provide new opportunities for learning experiences.]

[Concluding statement: "Never let anyone - including yourself, because we're our own worst enemies sometimes - talk you out of pursuing your dreams"]
Pics:

Zimbio

PopSugar

Quote:
@GayleKing
Just another friday with @blakelively & @jewelrybynola (smile) for the first ever careers in film… Instagram

Quote:
@JulieAG
I got engaged and saw Blake lively in the same day!!!! Instagram
Oh, and Blake was in L.A. yesterday to promote Adaline at the AFM convention (American Film Market - apparently more actors attended this year's AFM than ever before.)

Last edited by jou; 11-08-2013 at 05:44 PM
Old 11-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, that sounds/looks like a wonderful event! Thanks a lot for sharing that and writing her stories down. Seems like she got a bit more personal than usual on some points. So cool that she was invited!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Addicted Fan

ehh, i think she didn't came off that well in the article tbh
if you miss too many classes you don't walk at graduation. that's just how it works

Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's so great to see her doing these type of things. It really seems like she refocused herself during her break and is back with a vengeance. Hope to see more of her at these type of functions championing great causes.

^ true about the graduation bit, but I'm a bit suprised . I would have thought LA schools would be used to actors taking time out etc. I thought there was some sort of system to allow them to do this, if not how do so many child actors graduate? Plus it's not like it was a regular thing or that she was a flake considering she was class pres etc.

BLAKE LIVELY HQ

Old 11-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah she didn't come off great when it came to school. Most actors and actresses have set teachers or are home schooled in some way. Very few go to normal high schools simply because it doesn't work with being in the movie industry.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:18 PM
jou
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsolively (View Post)
^ true about the graduation bit, but I'm a bit suprised . I would have thought LA schools would be used to actors taking time out etc. I thought there was some sort of system to allow them to do this, if not how do so many child actors graduate? Plus it's not like it was a regular thing or that she was a flake considering she was class pres etc.
Public schools can be very aribitrary and impersonal when it comes to enforcing their rules. It's too bad, imo, because they deny their students experiences outside the classroom that kids who can afford to go to private schools can have. And it wasn't always this way. My older brother had the opportunity to spend the summer in Europe with his childhood friend who's grandparents lived there. Because of different school schedules, he had to leave a month before summer break started to accompany them. The school allowed him to go without any punitive measures (his teachers gave him his homework in advance as well as special assignments related to his trip, so he wasn't gettiing off easy. ).

I attended the same school years later and those kind of arrangements were unheard of. Among my classmates were actors and an amateur ice skater training for the Olympics. You would think the school would be somewhat proud of their accomplishments and to have a diverse student body, but they were almost treated like truants by some teachers and admin. (and even some jealous students lol.)

So I can understand a bit where Blake was coming from. Not all learning is done in the classroom, and denying a good student who was so involved in school activities for four years the opportunity to walk in the graduation ceremony because she missed a few days more than was allowed during her senior year due to work commitments seems kind of arbitrary and petty.

Anyway, sorry for going off on a tangent. I watched the live stream - her comments were brief, and she didn't seem bitter or anything (even said she regretted not accepting the offer to speak at their graduation a few years ago.)