Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

May Book Club Nominations | Children's theme. [VOTE NOW]

It's time to nominate your book nominations.

The theme for May is "Children's"

Which can include children's books, or books that can be read by children/ya
Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just to make sure, I can suggest YA as well as children's books?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think you can because we don't really have one theme for YA... and since Amy is away... I'll allow it.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay.

Quote:
In a future world, vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity.

Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die…or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh, I want to read that too!

Three more guys.

I might even suggest one.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, we need more nominations.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

The Selection by Kiera Cass

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 04-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah! Thats also something I want to read.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander

Quote:
The tale of Taran, assistant pig keeper, has been entertaining young readers for generations. Set in the mythical land of Prydain (which bears a more than passing resemblance to Wales), Lloyd Alexander's book draws together the elements of the hero's journey from unformed boy to courageous young man. Taran grumbles with frustration at home in the hamlet Caer Dallben; he yearns to go into battle like his hero, Prince Gwydion. Before the story is over, he has met his hero and fought the evil leader who threatens the peace of Prydain: the Horned King.
This is the first book in a five-book series. It's one of JK Rowling's favorites and inspirations for Harry Potter. A classical children's fantasy story.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

And I will go with, since I am reading it

Witchcraft Is Her Family’s Business.No One Quits The Family And Lives To Tell About It. “Jax” Pherson has power, enough power to know her future will end in service to the dark coven her father controls. Unless she can stay hidden in a small community in the mountains of North Carolina. She must find a way to live without magic and deny the darkness she feels welling up inside her—the same dark power that fuels the covens around the world. All she wants is a normal life. A boyfriend. Friends. Some place to belong, but all too soon Jax’s barely begun new life hangs in the balance when she discovers that the boy she’s attracted to is sworn to kill her kind. He’s a hunter with good reason to kill everything that goes bump in the night. Even the most fleeting use of her power is tantamount to signing her death warrant and will bring both hunter and coven down on her. But can she walk away when her friends are threatened by an old evil? Something created by the magic of witches? Jax’s only hope of survival is to convince the boy she loves to forget everything he’s ever been taught and help her find a way to fight the covens. To believe there is some good in her.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ok. The Nominations are:

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
The Selection by Kiera Cass
The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander
White Witch by Trish Milburn

VOTE NOW.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Judging by the cover cause I'm too lazy to read description

The Selection by Kiera Cass #1

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

The selection

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 04-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

the immortal rules.

i'm waiting for that one to arrive in the mail.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Immortal Rules