Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2018, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've slowly been lending my books to a work friend, and she's just about finished with Burned. The only comments I seem to get from her from the series.. is. I love this series. It was so good. Nothing in depth It's a struggle.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm definitely going have to get 5 as soon as possible now.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to try to start the second highlander book soon. Maybe tonight. It's been forever since I read that one since I think last time I did a full re read a skipped it.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

You did.

I just finished Adam's book.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So just finished books 2-4 and I really love them. I love the world building (and continuation of world building from THS), and the characters, and I love how The Highlander series and these are connected. But I can still see them as their own thing.

I'm confused though. At the end of book 4 KMM says book 5 is the last of Mac and etc (if I'm remembering correctly) but it seems there are more books that focus on Mac and etc. Though book 6 doesn't as the main is Dani. Which I have to admit I'm not as excited to read (and the fact many people seem to not of liked it just adds to that). How did y'all like book 6? I like Dani well enough as a side character but not sure I want a whole book in her pov.

I don't really understand if she was going to continue with Mac why not just keep doing so instead of giving Dani a book? I mean if she wanted a story focusing on Dani that's fine but I feel the Fever Series should have stayed focused on Mac. Or at least her story of it. As in once Mac's story was done she could have focused on Dani and given her a book. But I just started thinking... maybe Dani got a book because book 5 was suppose to be the end of Mac... I don't know. Lots of bts stuff I'm not aware of. So what made KMM continue Mac's story? Did she know she was going to after book 6 or before?

Drunk On You - I really like the 2nd book but if I had to choose a least favorite among THS it would be that one. I mean the main guy was in the first book but other than it's pretty removed from the rest of the books.

Last edited by fractured moonlight; 01-23-2018 at 01:05 PM
fractured moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damn. You finished 2-4 already?

5 was originally going to be the end of Barrons/Mac, and she was going to start on Dani's series, but then she she then realises their story isn't totally done, so she incorporates their story with Dani's in book 7-9.

Dani's voice does take a while to adjust, but Iced is great. I do really love it.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Drunk On You - I really like the 2nd book but if I had to choose a least favorite among THS it would be that one. I mean the main guy was in the first book but other than it's pretty removed from the rest of the books.
The second one doesn't really fit in with the rest of the series. The first one kind of does since it introduces Adam Black and the fairy queen. But I'm assuming the first 2 she wasn't sure the direction of the series.

April
Old 01-23-2018, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, maybe originally she intended them to be just standalone, and when she started doing Circenn's book, she decided to connect them more.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with you both in that maybe she wasn't really sure the direction she was going to go with the series. Or maybe she did know and at one point the Berserkers were going to play a much larger role but got cut.

Stay to the Lights - Yeah. I didn't have anything else to do so that helped. And then it was like well I have the next book so...read it! But it was a mistake and I should have slowed down because now I don't have the others.

Oh ok and kinda what I started thinking happened. Well the part about how she realized Mac/Barrons story wasn't done yet. Though I'm still not quite as excited about Dani's pov yet but once I read it I could end up loving it/the book. Speaking of Ice I'm not too fond of the paperback cover for it. It doesn't go with the other covers.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finished Grimm's book. Liked it a bit better.
I do remember didn't she say there was originally a different ending?

April
Old 01-25-2018, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished the new (a few years back) edition of into the dreaming, and she explains her process during the highlander series

I'l try take some screen shots of the pages, its too long for me to type up
Old 01-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Can't wait to read what she said. I really do need that book too.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
I finished the new (a few years back) edition of into the dreaming, and she explains her process during the highlander series

I'l try take some screen shots of the pages, its too long for me to type up
Is that the hardback edition that was published? Since most people couldn't find the book it was originally published in?

April
Old 01-26-2018, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
Is that the hardback edition that was published? Since most people couldn't find the book it was originally published in?
It is

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 01-26-2018 at 08:18 AM
Old 01-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that. Off to read.