Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not sure I really like either of those for the characters. I see a lot of Amber Herd as Mac on tumblr and not really feeling her either. Though there's this model (I think) guy a lot of people on tumblr use for Jericho and I like him. Not sure if he would be my ultimate choice yet but I do like him.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I thought it was pretty easy to follow
Well thats because a) you read all the time and are a book person. I am not.
b) you have read this series a lot and know everything about it lol

I am a casual reader in general, and as much as I love this series I was never big on all the sci fi related stuff. It takes a lot of brain power for me personally to understand all the concepts. I just watch way to much tv to follow every single storyline and folklore and backgrounds and mythology etc for every different series. Plus I skip over all the weird chapters with the book talking or the king talking or whatever. I dont care about that stuff.

And its really funny to me that KMM said people could start reading this book without having read the others. Ummmm NO they wouldnt. They would be so lost and so confused on what was going on. 100%.

I just read up to page 460 of the ebook and just got to the part where Ryodan came to pick up Dani for the "date". I love their interactions. They are similar to M/J in some ways because hes one of the nine and shes the main character and theres all this banter etc. but Ryoden and Jericho are very different to me. Ryoden seems way more willing to open up to Dani and admit his feelings and what he's thinking where as Jericho was very secretive about it. And Dani is even more closed off than Mac was and wont just admit she loves him lol. So it does make for an interesting dynamic.

But nothing will touch the love I had for m/j when reading those first books. D/R for me are great but I dont get the same butterfly feeling or anything.

Quote:
Does anyone have any fancast for the books? There are some people I've thought of but I would really like to finish the books and then maybe reread them before I fully cast who I like. So I can get a much better idea of the characters.
Yeah at the time people used Katie Cassidy for Mac so I often imagine her in the role but seeing that Mac had dark and light hair for some reason I had to find someone that could pull off both looks. and Katie imo is far more stunning as a blonde, and for mac, they implied that she looks better as a brunette. I did use jessica stroup for mac in an icon once, but i think her body is probably too thin for Mac.

Dani is especially hard for me to picture considering she started as a teen. lol.

Jericho I can picture any bigger, rugged, dark haired, hot, man. At first I pictured Henry Cavill, but hes way too polished I think for Jericho. Then i pictured david gandy (perhaps the model you were talking about) as jericho for a while. I can also see jason momoa in the role just because... what a man.

TBH I never pictured any of the other characters because i didnt care about them, but all of 9 i see as like sexy big men.

Last edited by Alexa; 04-03-2018 at 09:39 PM
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I wasn't taking dig at you about it, and I totally get it. I know you don't read as much as me, I don't expect you to. But I can understand how the plot can be confusing since its different from the other books, and kinda starts something new. Even if its not fleshed out that well. Its not the star of the book that's for sure.

I loved the "date" even it wasn't, but loved that it appeared to be one.

I absolutely agree. This book can't be read as a standalone. You'd be so confused about who these characters are, their relationships to one another and the things mentioned, the mythology of the series. Sure the story is separate, but its so connected to the series because you have the same characters and their history connects to the first arc of the series.

about Ryodan being more open. That's where he and Barrons differ. He always has been more about his words, and being open about what he wants. Where Barrons is more action first, and talk second.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thats partly why I dont like the book sometimes because I feel like shes repeating a lot of the information and I got bored with some chapters. I kinda skimmed over the christian/kat ones because I just didnt really care what was going on there LOL.

This book does remind me more of the original fever books though with Dani out in the night investigating and then her and Ryoden going to that club like Mac/Jericho did.

Am I the only one that doesnt like Shazam? I find him odd and that whole storyline just strange.

I only have a couple chapters left and will probably finish the book in a few days.

I love Dani/Ryoden but some of their interactions are a bit over the tp for me. With M/J it felt very organic and subtle and built up over 5 series. With D/R I feel like their story didnt really start until this book and all the conversations about their feelings and stuff just feels kinda rushed to me. IDK. And Dani is turning into a hunter now, WHAT. I dont like that...

Can you explain what happened to Mac? She's stuck in a different place for CENTURIES? Did I read that right? That is horrendous! So to her its been decades since shes seen Jericho? I dont think I can handle that.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I felt the R/D scenes came natural to me, because to me their story really began in Burned and started evolving each book since. This one just solidified it. I think this book was a standalone story, it's understandable how things can feel rushed. But I didn't mind at all. I was swooning all through their scenes.

She's stuck in Faery, and with how time works differently, its been decades for her. Which would suck for sure.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

To me it felt more like they were just getting teased. It was obvious there was an attraction but there was no progression and we didnt get that much interaction tbh.

Things went from 0-60 in this book and suddenly Dani went from trying to push away to then suddenly wanting to be with him. All after reading Dancer's letter? It felt a bit forced. I still like them but I was a bit let down.

Then she turns into a hunter and its all just a bit much for me. The other hunter is shazam? SRSLY. I cant. That came off so dumb to me. I just think that each book gets dumber. I wish KMM would just conclude the series because she's making it worse imo.

I still have 4 chapters to go. Almost done.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Her turning into a hunter I felt made sense, because it all started with her black hand that she got when she stabbed a hunter back in Shadowfever I think it was. But the reveal was definitely shocking. I guess it's a way for her to be immortal without her being one of the 9, so that she and Ryo can be together forever.

The Shazam thing surprised me too. It was kind of odd, but I rolled with it
Old 04-17-2018, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished.

Of course I was happy to see R/D reunited and it was only after 4 months, but parts of those scenes just felt a bit cheesey to me. I didnt like the whole, shazam threw a star 3000 years ago and was always looking for this woman that he realized was Dani? To me, it kind cheapens their relationship a bit. Like, forced Ryoden to want to know her. I would have preferred him just falling for her because he felt something special.

With that said, I did enjoy all their sex scenes finally. But to me, the book felt pretty final? What are going to do with the future books? What sort of storyline are R/D going to have now that they are already together?

I wanna know what the heck happened to mac and jericho dangit.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

It did feel final, which was the point. It was meant to be a standalone story. KMM said there will be more, but she is deciding what she wants to do. So we'll see soon enough.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

FINALLY read and finished the book.

Didn't love it but I didn't not like it. I never really got on board with Dani and Ryodan. This book more so. Honestly I was more interested in Kat. I guess I like Dani but I never been a huge fan of hers. I definitely prefer Mac to her. I want more backstory on the gods and what else is under the abbey. So that's where they buried the gods. Is that why the same markings were on the door where they kept Cruce as in the White Mansion?

The ending...well it picked up and I was more interested. But her turning into a hunter? Not sure how I really feel about that.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess her turning into a hunter has been hinted at for books now, since she killed that hunter and her hand started to turn black. I guess its a way for her to be immortal with Ryo. That or her being turned into one of them.

Given you never really got into them, I can understand you not loving it as much. I loved it, of course I loved finding out his name, even it didn't really suit someone like him I loved that he has been waiting for her for 3,000 years, and that it was him in the prologue.

Karen did say it was more romance focused, so the plot was lacking, but that's something you have to sacrifice.

I loved the end, with them all being a family. Did you read the deleted scenes? That scene with Barrons and Ryo when he was being locked down, was brutal. You can tell Barrons did not want to do it.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I should be able to get book 5 soon.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's great! You'll love Shadowfever It's an amazing book.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I keep hearing that about the book and I can't wait!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the fact that he had been waiting for her for 3,000 years. I had a feeling from the beginning that was him in the prologue. Interesting how he known all along that she would turn into a hunter. Kind of like Barrons knew that it was a possibility that Mac would turn into the Seelie Queen.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread