Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 06:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
I think they're awesome books. They deal a lot with sexual abuse towards women and a lot of how the system takes advantage of women and takes advantage of people in general. It does a great job making it a tough read, making you feel for the characters, but not overdoing it and making it too graphic. I'd recommend this book for most people just because of the quality of the writing.
And that's a really hard mix to achieve - being enough to really make you feel for the characters and really see what's going on without being too graphic.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 06-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't read those books yet, but i have heard of them and have been curious to how they are.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is how it Happened by Jo Barrett

Quote:
Summary:Revenge is sweet...especially when it comes in the form of brownies laced with rat poison. Maddy didn't actually want to kill her ex-fiance Carlton, she just wanted to scare him. Carlton took her heart, her career, her ideas, so it's only fair that she should take some sort of revenge. After ruling out death by chocolate brownie, cyanide-infused vodka and voodoo, Maddy decides to hit the caddish Carlton where it'll really hurt-his ego. But hiring a hit man to do it probably wasn't the best idea. Things are about to get dead serious...
I really enjoyed this book. Got it fo only 50 cents at a bookfair my work was having.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 06-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyHalliwell (View Post)
Has anyone read the following books -
The girl with the dragon tattoo
The girl who played with fire
the girl who kicked the hornets nest

I am curious about them and would love to hear peoples thoughts.
-Pammie
I'm reading the last one right now. I really like these books. The first one starts off a little slow and they get better as they go on.

"This is How It Happened" sounds really cute.

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 06-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That sounds interesting Julie
Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
I think they're awesome books. They deal a lot with sexual abuse towards women and a lot of how the system takes advantage of women and takes advantage of people in general. It does a great job making it a tough read, making you feel for the characters, but not overdoing it and making it too graphic. I'd recommend this book for most people just because of the quality of the writing.
Which books are you talking about?
Old 06-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

These books

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyHalliwell (View Post)
Has anyone read the following books -
The girl with the dragon tattoo
The girl who played with fire
the girl who kicked the hornets nest

I am curious about them and would love to hear peoples thoughts.
-Pammie
Old 06-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Title: A Hunger Like No Other
Author: Kresley Cole
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Summary: After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents -- until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae -- and their notorious dark desires -- ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings.
I'm a little bit embarrassed for not following the series sooner because frankly, it is awesome! I just finished reading it and fell completely in love with the series

I love the story from the start. How can you not fall in love with a guy who's willing to break his leg to find his mate?

The chemistry between Lachlain and Emma are scorching! The intensity, the longing and desperation that Lachlain felt for Emma feel genuine and it makes me scream for more.

icon
Old 06-18-2010, 03:17 AM
New Fan

• Chanters of Tremaris by Kate Constable
-Singer of all Songs (book 1)
-The Waterless Sea (book 2)
-The Tenth Power (book 3)
  • Sweet Baby- Sharon Sala
  • Nine Lives- Sharon Sala
  • Cut Throat- Sharon Sala
  • Bad Penny- Sharon Sala
  • The Lovely Bones- Alice Seabold
  • The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini
  • Just Listen, Lock and Key, Along for the Ride, This Lullaby, The Truth About Forever – Sarah Dessen
  • Firebringer- David Clement-Davis
  • Lady Killer/Secret Admirer- Michele Jaffe
  • Dead Witch Walking- Kim Harrison
  • The Good, The Bad, and the Undead- Kim Harrison
Old 06-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi Im curious to see if anyone has a recommendation for the Chicagoville Vampires series. I believe book one is called Some Girls Bite. Any comments/thoughts would be appreciated
Old 06-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Not sure if its been suggested but do know some have read it
Old 07-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Cassel comes from a family of curse workers -- people who have the power to change your emotions, your memories, your luck, by the slightest touch of their hands. And since curse work is illegal, they're all mobsters, or con artists. Except for Cassel. He hasn't got the magic touch, so he's an outsider, the straight kid in a crooked family. You just have to ignore one small detail -- he killed his best friend, Lila, three years ago.

Ever since, Cassel has carefully built up a façade of normalcy, blending into the crowd. But his façade starts crumbling when he starts sleepwalking, propelled into the night by terrifying dreams about a white cat that wants to tell him something. He's noticing other disturbing things, too, including the strange behavior of his two brothers. They are keeping secrets from him, caught up in a mysterious plot. As Cassel begins to suspect he's part of a huge con game, he also wonders what really happened to Lila. Could she still be alive? To find that out, Cassel will have to out-con the conmen.
Definitely her best yet. I'll be adding it to my 'buy' list for sure
Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Master Fan

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. White Cat is next on my to-read list, and I've been very excited to get it.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:02 AM
New Fan

Thirteen Reasons Why
Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDelusional (View Post)
Hi Im curious to see if anyone has a recommendation for the Chicagoville Vampires series. I believe book one is called Some Girls Bite. Any comments/thoughts would be appreciated
YES! Love this series.
I reccommend it. I'll be reading the 3rd book soon as it just came out
Closed Thread   Post New Thread