Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh that does sound great. Might have to get that

Especially love that its a Knight Templar that got turned into a vampire and is going after the Grail
Old 04-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

^^ The plot is interesting, and I love how the author uses that as a background to her story

icon
Old 04-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So its getting many recommendatations killer but is it a single or series?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Be Mine Tonight is the first book from the Brotherhood of Blood series. But each book can be read as a stand-alone as each book will focus on different Brother.

icon
Old 04-20-2010, 04:51 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
Well, the story sets in 1899 where a 600 years old vampire named Chapel who was a Templar Knight (i think) met Pru, a woman who is searching for the Holy Grail, or Unholy Grail. Either one works for her because she's convinced that the Grail can help cure her cancer. Chapel became a vampire after he and his Brotherhoods, known by the church as the Brotherhood of Blood, drank from the Unholy Grail and convinced that it was a curse and a punishment. Pru thought it was a blessing. So throughout the entire course of the story, Chapel fought his desire to change Pru to become like him, knowing that it will save her life and make her immortal.
This does sound like a really interesting book. I think I heard about it a while back but didn't really know anything about it so I kind of ignored it. But that sounds cool.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Body Finder by Kimberly Denting

THE BODY FINDER is about Violet Ambrose, a 16-year-old girl who can locate dead bodies. Or at least, those that have been murdered. She can sense the echoes they leave behind … and the imprints they leave on their killers. As if that weren’t enough to deal with during her junior year, she also has a sudden, inexplicable, and consuming crush on her best friend since childhood, Jay Heaton.

Now a serial killer has begun terrorizing Violet’s small town . . . and she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
Be Mine Tonight is the first book from the Brotherhood of Blood series. But each book can be read as a stand-alone as each book will focus on different Brother.
That series has been recommended too me so will need to read it now with having gotten some info on it. Knight Templar are so interesting and I've got a huge thing for vampires so will rock
Old 04-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm a 23 year old girl who is looking for books with heroines my age or at least in their 20s. I'm a little sick of the paranormal/fantasy high school books. I'm interested in romance, not historical, books. Any recommendations?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I'm a 23 year old girl who is looking for books with heroines my age or at least in their 20s. I'm a little sick of the paranormal/fantasy high school books. I'm interested in romance, not historical, books. Any recommendations?
I was about to recommend the Fever series to you because the heroine is in her early-20's, and it's a good mix of romance and fantasy, too, but I saw that you're already a fan of it.

Have you read the Succubus (Georgina Kincaid) series by Richelle Mead? They're another favorite of mine. The heroine is in her late-20's, I believe, and it's another good mix of romance and supernatural. Here's a synopsis of the first book, Succubus Blues.

Quote:
Succubus (n.) An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men. Pathetic (adj.) A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid.

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies. Her immortal best friends haven't stopped teasing her about the time she shape-shifted into the Demon Goddess getup complete with whip and wings. And she can't have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy's life. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't.

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny...
I'd also recommend Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho. It's romance, but it works a good character study, too.

Quote:
A new, international bestseller by the author of The Alchemist tells the story of Maria, a young girl from a Brazilian village, whose first innocent brushes with love leave her heartbroken. At a tender age, she becomes convinced that she will never find true love, instead believing that "Love is a terrible thing that will make you suffer . . ." A chance meeting in Rio takes her to Geneva, where she dreams of finding fame and fortune. Instead, she ends up working as a prostitute.

In Geneva, Maria drifts further and further away from love as she develops a fascination with sex. Eventually, Maria's despairing view of love is put to the test when she meets a handsome young painter. In this odyssey of self-discovery, Maria has to choose between pursuing a path of darkness, sexual pleasure for its own sake, or risking everything to find her own "inner light" and the possibility of sacred sex, sex in the context of love.

In this gripping and daring new novel, Paulo Coelho sensitively explores the sacred nature of sex and love and invites us to confront our own prejudices and demons and embrace our own "inner light.".

Old 04-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I plan to Succubus myself it sounds good
Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll suggest Kate Daniels series, the heorine is in her late-20's and its an interesting mix on supernatural beings but really good. I enjoyed it alot when I read it last December. Here's a link to the official website for the series

Kate Daniels - Urban Fantasy
Old 04-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks yall. Feel free to recommend more.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Your welcome I want to recommend another but its more of teenagers and you may have read it but its so GOOD
Old 04-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkative One (View Post)
Your welcome I want to recommend another but its more of teenagers and you may have read it but its so GOOD
What is it?

Unfortunately, the Kate Daniels series isn't at my library.

Last edited by Stacie18; 04-25-2010 at 02:29 PM
Old 04-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Mortal Instruments

Aww thats no good
Closed Thread   Post New Thread