Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I read all 4 just before the show last summer and they were alright, re-read them again last month or in Feb with them still being alright. I did it mainly cause I'm a huge Ian fan, so felt like getting the back story before the show. I know that the show is doing its own thing but still am glad that I read the books. Its fun to compare the show to the books and guess things. I know the producers had to give us one thing cause we all guessed cause of the books, so that was would have been cooler to allow us to continue to think we are right or not
Old 05-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

This book is soooo good, you guys! I just read it recently and fell completely in love with

Quote:
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father--the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner--are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her new found status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.
The book has everything that needs to be in paranormal romance, including sexy vampires with accent The story is exciting, the lines are witty and laugh-out-loud funny, and the chemistry sizzles and weak-in-the-knees romantic.

For me, this is a must read for anyone who loves PNR, or if you're simply looking for a fantastic book to read!

icon
Old 05-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Agreed! I love that series!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Taking us outside vampiures

Down River was really good, was one of the May nominations and I liked it

Amazon.com: Down River (9780312359317): John Hart: Books
Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I second both of these suggestions. I enjoyed them both.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've been told too read that series Night Huntress
Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Its definitely worth it

I'm gonna suggest the FEVER series by Karen Marie Moning
Quote:
MacKayla Lane’s life is good. She has great friends, a decent job, and a car that breaks down only every other week or so. In other words, she’s your perfectly ordinary twenty-first-century woman. Or so she thinks…until something extraordinary happens.

When her sister is murdered, leaving a single clue to her death–a cryptic message on Mac’s cell phone–Mac journeys to Ireland in search of answers. The quest to find her sister’s killer draws her into a shadowy realm where nothing is as it seems, where good and evil wear the same treacherously seductive mask. She is soon faced with an even greater challenge: staying alive long enough to learn how to handle a power she had no idea she possessed–a gift that allows her to see beyond the world of man, into the dangerous realm of the Fae….

As Mac delves deeper into the mystery of her sister’s death, her every move is shadowed by the dark, mysterious Jericho, a man with no past and only mockery for a future. As she begins to close in on the truth, the ruthless Vlane–an alpha Fae who makes sex an addiction for human women–closes in on her. And as the boundary between worlds begins to crumble, Mac’s true mission becomes clear: find the elusive Sinsar Dubh before someone else claims the all-powerful Dark Book–because whoever gets to it first holds nothing less than complete control of the very fabric of both worlds in their hands. . . .

& Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.

Quote:
Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with an unbreakable bond to the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest and most dangerous vampires--the ones who never die.

The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir; she is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making her one of them.

After two years of illicit freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. Rose will continue her Dhampir education. Lissa will go back to being Queen of the elite Moroi social scene. And both girls will resume breaking hearts.

Fear made Lissa and Rose run away from St. Vladimir's--but their world is fraught with danger both inside and out of the Academy's iron gates. Here, the cutthroat ranks of the Moroi perform unspeakable rituals and their secretive nature and love of the night creates an enigmatic world full of social complexities. Rose and Lissa must navigate through this dangerous world, confront the temptation of forbidden romance, and never once let their guard down, lest the Strigoi make Lissa one of them forever...
Even though its been mentioned a few times
Old 05-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can comment on Fever its a really great series
Old 05-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Elite Fan

Has anyone read the following books -
The girl with the dragon tattoo
The girl who played with fire
the girl who kicked the hornets nest

I am curious about them and would love to hear peoples thoughts.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 05-30-2010, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've heard of them but not heard them
Old 05-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyHalliwell (View Post)
Has anyone read the following books -
The girl with the dragon tattoo
The girl who played with fire
the girl who kicked the hornets nest

I am curious about them and would love to hear peoples thoughts.
-Pammie
I've read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and I have The Girl Who Played With Fire but haven't read it yet. I loved the first one. It's a great mix of suspense and mystery and just is really an amazing book. I really enjoyed reading it and can't wait to start reading the second and third ones. They're not for the faint-of-heart because they really tell a brutal story, but they're very good.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

A friend of mine lent me the girl with the dragon tattoo and I started it so far I like it alot.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I should read the first one sounds great
Old 05-31-2010, 04:13 AM
Supreme Fan

I think they're awesome books. They deal a lot with sexual abuse towards women and a lot of how the system takes advantage of women and takes advantage of people in general. It does a great job making it a tough read, making you feel for the characters, but not overdoing it and making it too graphic. I'd recommend this book for most people just because of the quality of the writing.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

And quality of writing can be a hard thing to find so glad its a written well
Closed Thread   Post New Thread