Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

All relationships have a time clock. Inevitably, someone dies.

Hyde was the only one of the three real choices who challenged Jackie. And I don't know about you, but I would take someone who made me think and look at life differently than someone who bought me presents and knew tons about women's shoes. And definitely over someone who cheated. Repeatedly. With no real remorse.

Ron/Hermione ~ Danny/Lindsay ~ Jackie/Hyde
Old 09-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Elite Fan

YAY HEATHER! Couldn't have said it better myself
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 09-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And definitely over someone who cheated. Repeatedly. With no real remorse.
If you mean Kelso than i think you're wrong

i always hated the retcon that Kelso cheated on her with every girl under the sun
it just wasn't true
Old 09-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

A quote from Immigrant Song...

Hyde: You also cheated on her with Pam Macy, Laurie and Annette... who else am I forgetting?
Kelso: Oh, ho ho, there were many others.

And I know there was another episode where Kelso mentions that he had had a little action on the side, when he had already been hooking up with Jackie and Laurie at the same time.

In addition, Kelso's constant cheating doesn't just refer to the number of different girls he hooked up with. He had an entire relationship with Laurie behind Jackie's back, to me that still counts as Kelso cheating repeatedly.

Last edited by blue winter roses; 09-28-2009 at 08:44 AM
Old 09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdaisy (View Post)
A quote from Immigrant Song...

Hyde: You also cheated on her with Pam Macy, Laurie and Annette... who else am I forgetting?
Kelso: Oh, ho ho, there were many others.

And I know there was another episode where Kelso mentions that he had had a little action on the side, when he had already been hooking up with Jackie and Laurie at the same time.

In addition, Kelso's constant cheating doesn't just refer to the number of different girls he hooked up with. He had an entire relationship with Laurie behind Jackie's back, to me that still counts as Kelso cheating repeatedly.
This.

I'm not sure how it can even be imagined that Kelso didn't cheat on her often. Personally, I think cheating on her with one person more than one time (which we know he did) is repeatedly. Since he repeated the cheating, and all.

But we all take different things from the show, so this is just my view of it.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hence retcon/jokes...and part of it was Kelso getting caught up

Sitcoms have little things that are regarded as jokes but not part of the show's actual continuity.

The whole Kelso loves sex thing post s4/5 is just ridiculous
Old 09-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sitcoms have little things that are regarded as jokes but not part of the show's actual continuity.
His entire affair with Laurie was not regarded as just a joke, it was part of the show's continuity. Same with his hookups with Pam Macy. And for w/e other girls Kelso ever mentioned, just because it wasn't shown doesn't necessarily mean it never happened.

Quote:
The whole Kelso loves sex thing post s4/5 is just ridiculous
Why? That was a very defining character trait of him. I'm not trying to limit him to just that but it was a part of who he was. I feel like losing that aspect of Kelso loving sex would be like completely rewriting his character.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

but it wasn't one during the first few seasons

the Laurie affair happened because it was Laurie initiating it mostly

after they got back together in s3 Kelso never strayed...so "other girls" doesn't make a lick of sense
Old 09-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but it wasn't one during the first few seasons
What do you mean? He first kissed Pam Macy in S1 while he was still with Jackie.

Quote:
the Laurie affair happened because it was Laurie initiating it mostly
That doesn't make Kelso innocent. And it's not like he didn't enjoy sleeping with her.

Quote:
after they got back together in s3 Kelso never strayed...so "other girls" doesn't make a lick of sense
I disagree because he was still proud of his cheating from before. If he actually had remorse over it, in addition to not doing it again, then I'd agree with that point. But he even admitted that if Jackie had been harder on him when he was cheating that he still would've done it, he would've just been sneakier.

I also don't think he was disappointed by the girls he met in CA, which he ran away to behind Jackie's back.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

That Laurie initiated the affair doesn't absolve Kelso. He was a big boy (and he'd probably tell you so!) and made his own choices. He was with Jackie and slept with Laurie - to me that's all that matters to define cheating.

There was Annette (at least!) in Season 4. Ugh. That's one character I could just strangle....

At any rate, his cheating is not the only reason I'd rather see Jackie with Hyde. I don't think Jackie treated Kelso particularly well, either. She really did lead him along on a lease. With Hyde, she couldn't do that, and it made her more interesting and a better person. And with Brooke, Kelso seemed to grow up a little, too. Kelso and Jackie brought out the shallow in each other. They had some sweet moments, to be sure. I just think that they outgrew one another.

THat being said, if they'd ended up together, I would have understood it on some level. Not a happy level, but a level.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

heather, great post.

Hyde challenged Jackie and Jackie helped Hyde to tear down
some of his walls.

And watching the show now in reruns and knowing that it's out of first run episodes, I'm actually looking more forward to seeing J/H hook-up than Donna and Eric. Even though we know it doesn't end how we'd like it to and I don't think I'll be watching season 8 when it shows up in the cycle...I still can't wait (even though I saw the eps many times) for J/H to get together.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hyde challenged Jackie and Jackie helped Hyde to tear down
some of his walls.
It's part of the reason why they belong together!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 PM
New Fan

Hi All,
I actually liked the J/K combo. Jackie liked to be bossy and Kelso liked (accepted?) being bossed around. They were both into their looks and made a cute couple. I loved how smart Jackie was compared to Kelso the complete dufus. I got a lot of laughs out of their coupling. Although I hated how kelso cheated on Jackie so much!

I hated it when Jackie hooked up with Hyde. I just don't think they made a believable or likeable couple. Hyde was so indifferent and unromantic. Jackie needed romance. Hyde never seemed to really care about Jackie until he got caught cheating. And he then had the audacity to say that he loved her. He also married a stripper and didn't care about hurting Jackie's feelings. In some ways he was as bad as Kelso.

Jackie and Fez just didn't feel right at all. I think they were better off as friends/room-mates.

Someone else mentioned wanting to see Jackie single and independant in the last season. I agree. It would have been great to see Jackie realise that she didn't need to have a boyfriend to be happy. She was smart, sassy, witty, capable and attractive. She had alot going for her.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

I just saw the episode today where Hyde/Jackie went on a double date with Kelso/Brooke.

How Kelso went on and on about how many girls he had been with and how many times he cheated on Jackie.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The continuity for Kelso and his cheating sucked. Some times it was only Laurie and Pam, but then other times, like that scene, he said there was multiple people that he cheated on Jackie with.