Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 04:12 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome back to JenC. Your opinion is one shared by many of us.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah most of us agree with you there
Old 10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

I loved Kelso/Jackie. Just because. I haven't watched very many episode of T7S, and probably not many in any sort of order, but I loved them. maybe my opinion would change if I watched DVD's, but I'm not sure.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Even if it did change if you watched the DVD's (to Jackie/Hyde ) most of us still have some love for Jackie/Kelso.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Wow...Ok....There are abouyt 50 posts i would like to comment on in this thread but since some date back like 2.5 years ago i figure i would just for go quoting any of them and just go from the gut.

I saw somebody say like Do you really feel confident about your team winning? when refering to J/F after some poster basically said j/f (my team won) or something like that and i think that was a good response. What's funny is in the kim possible fandom there are a lot of shipping wars. AS you know i am a big canon guy. all my ships have been canon except Jackie/Hyde and as or right now Ray/Neela from ER but that will likely be canon at the end of ER. So i know all about this My Team winning stuff. The thing is in T7S i don't think any fan of any couple besides Red/Kittie who are married could feel like there team won. I mean look at the continuity of T7S.

J/H are together christmas time 1979. Look at the episode Winter. Look at the end. It's 79. Can you really tell me J/H break up, hyde gets with a stripper, fez get's with jackie, in like a week. lol. Especially since Jackie/Hyde are together until the end of the following episode i believe. I'm pretty positive that packer game they went to in S7 had to be in Jan 1980. It would have been a playoff game in early january more than likely. Yes J/H were broke up at that time but you get what im saying? If you are a stickler for Canon like me i believe you need the Continuity to back it up and you really don't have it in T7S.

I talked to the creators of Kim/Possible and they basically said they like to keep things in continuity but they honestly don't care if it is and are not opposed to tossing continuity aside for a good humor. I guess TPTB for T7S maybe think the same way but they went way overboard as far as the continuity is concerned. I mean J/H are together Christmas of 1979. If your team won like you claim then im sure you can explain that away. lol. The truth is you can't. I'm just not saying this because im a J/H fan and want my team to be the winner. lol. I do but i'm not making that point here. lol. I'm just saying in T7S i believe it's is one of the few shows that people can't be comfortble in thinking there team won.

I saw how posted here said that somebody involved with the show said that the fans can determine how the characters go on to live there lives. Honestly...I hate that. I don't like that but with T7S i believe that makes the most sense with the continuity crap.

So i guess it's not fair to say im unbiased because everybody is a little bias to who they ship wanting it to be the OTP but I just believe in T7S you can't do it. The continuity is too whack. Maybe i feel this way because im a canon and contniuity freak and T7S makes you tear your hair out if you are that way. lol.

In the case of my favorite show Kim Possible the creators have said the two characters i ship will be together forever and were always meant to be together from the start of the series. Both series finales final scene (yes it was cancelled then brought back...so both as in two) had the characters kissing as it went to the credits.

T7S is like the complete oppisite of that. lol. No matter who you ship or what team you are on...lol....i think we can all agree that the continuity is whack. lol.

My opinion is if the continuity is whack...nobody wins.

Yeah...this was a long post but at least i didnt quote 50 items. lol.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hyde and Jackie hands down, Hyde just seemed happier when they were together.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

No contest... HYDE! They actually balanced each other out while still being themselves... just the better part of themselves! They had everything going against them because they were so different but that's what made them so special. Hyde was the only one that actually challenged her to be something more than what was on the surface and she did the same for him... they humanized each other. I do think that before they happened, they were limited by their stereotypes. But together, they helped each other break free of them and grow up as characters. And It didn't matter that the odds were against them because they were together simply for the love that was between them! Not to mention that Danny and Mila brought so much to the storyline with the way they interacted onscreen... even when it wasn't a JH scene!

And I don't care what anyone says with regards to their S8 "fate" because, IMO, it just shows how much worse off they were apart!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nicely said and I totally agree.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:26 PM
New Fan

I loved jackie and kelso but i saw it as the whole high school love story thing. i i mean you just knew they weren't end game but they sure as hell made you laugh. =)

jackie and fez? ok..so he loved her since forever, but i just can't buy it. it would be like her relationship with kelso where he buys her things and she'd feel better. and fez should have ended up with a million girlfriends to make up for his desperate "needs" in the earlier seasons.

with that being said, i pick jackie and hyde. they were built and hinted since the early seasons. they bought the best out in each other. they had moments where the audience KNOWS they were meant to be end game. they even made kitty jealous of their relationship.

idk what those writers were frikin thinking but im glad they left things supposedly "open ended" in my mind, jackie and hyde (despite the fact he married a stripper and she got with fez ) somehow get back together in the 80's. =)
Old 06-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msetson (View Post)
idk what those writers were frikin thinking but im glad they left things supposedly "open ended" in my mind, jackie and hyde (despite the fact he married a stripper and she got with fez ) somehow get back together in the 80's. =)
Well...To be PC Hyde was never technically married to she who shall not be named. So Jackie would not be as hessitant to get back together because Hyde did not marry a stripper. It was null and void. The fez experiment would have ended before it got serious. Then J/H would have reconciled. So yeah I so agree they got back together before 1980 was over.

The above only applys if you acknowledge S8 though. A lot of us don't be if we did i still believe what i said above. J/H were meant to be. It was obvious.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:29 PM
New Fan

Totally Jackie & Hyde they where great together and really fitted together and they where totally HOT! best of all where all the simple little touches they shared that may just be Mila/Dani like him touching her butt or little hand touching etc. I refuse to watch season 8 because of what happened.

I did however love Jackie and Kelso before Jackie & Hyde got together but its just no comparison to how Jackie & Hyde are meant to be.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrandmrsjackiehyde (View Post)
Jackie & Hyde are meant to be.
Co-Sign!

Well said.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:52 PM
New Fan

Steve J Hyde. by a freakin landslide.

They showed subtle hints of their pairing and those were pretty cool. Five seasons later the two become officially a couple and the ratings went up like crazy! People were shocked but it didn't take long for them to fall in love with their pairing. (I know i did!) I don't know if the producers meant for the two to get thaaat serious and in my opinion they became a better couple than Jackie/Kelso. You could tell their relationship was more serious, more adult and that they had an actual impact on eachother. Despite all that, they were still funny and hot! (Oh you know you see the difference between Jackie's kisses with Kelso and her kisses with Hyde.)

The writers didn't really push how much of a perfect couple they were (unlike Eric and Donna) and I think that's why people loved them. I mean they hated each other's guts at first and it took Hyde like 6 episodes into the 5th season to admit that Jackie was his girlfriend. You didn't need to be convinced they were right for each other. Their relatsionship was natural despite what Donna says! They didn't constantly make up easily by talking but their actions made up for that.

If you watch the entire series, you would know that Jackie was the important person to Hyde. She was the one character he truly cared about and said "I love you" to (other than Mrs. Forman) Although people say that ruined his character, I don't think it did. You can't live your whole life without loving another person, no matter how much of a badass you are. I think the same goes for Jackie as well despite her other relationships. She even said something like, "You are the most important person to me.." And when she wanted to marry him, it wasn't just to trap him so he'd stay faithful. (Unlike Kelso)

Hyde wins. I don't care what happened in season 8. (middle fingers up writers!)
Old 08-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
(Oh you know you see the difference between Jackie's kisses with Kelso and her kisses with Hyde.)
Oh yes I did!

Great post! Totally again!

And Welcome to Fanforum!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Extreme Fan

To be fair Mila was like 12 when she was Kissing Ashton.