Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2020, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello, and welcome back!

Unfortunately, I did not save that documentary.

S2 Dylan:

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-24-2020, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer the 1992 movie today. Luke's part is so goofy but he plays it so well and he had sizzling chemistry with Kristy Swanson.

He kind of plays the original version of Angel AND Spike from the 90's TV show. His character is named Pike, which is a giveaway except he's not a vampire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1695 (View Post)
It's been way too long since I visited this forum

Not sure if this is where I should be posting this *if not feel free to move or let me know* but did anyone happen to save that documentary they did on Luke right after his passing? I have looked for it everywhere but can't find more than just a minute clip here and there. I am trying to make a tribute video for him and have been waiting until I get that.

Its this one that I was referring to:

Luke Perry: In His Own Words

https://www.reelz.com/luke-perry-words/
You are absolutely welcome to post this here Thank you, and nice to see old faces in these threads
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-25-2020, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He kind of plays the original version of Angel AND Spike from the 90's TV show. His character is named Pike, which is a giveaway except he's not a vampire.
Yeah, I watched that long time ago, and always thought his character was a basis for Spike. Then someone told me it was not really sure. I was surprised. To me it was obvious.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 01-27-2020, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great pics!
Old 01-28-2020, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-05-2020, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

So, I don't know if you talked about it already, but a couple of weeks ago I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and I was disappointed to see he had such a small role in it :/ The movie was cool, tho.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

And yet, he received a posthumous SAG Award nomination for his small bit. Death ... it changes things. But I'm glad he was so excited about the project, and I just learned that his son Jack was a production assistant on set and had a tiny cameo.

There are actually a handful of interviews now with 'Jungle Boy' Jack online. First we've really heard him speak and all.

Quote:
Whoa, Luke and Madonna! Never seen that pic before.
There's a kissing pic too.

Quote:
Luke Perry: In His Own Words
I didn't save it from DVR ultimately because it was just a rehash of other interviews available online, not much that was new at all.

Quote:
The owner of the Walsh house [...] He spoke about Luke - and said that Luke always spoke about dying young - and he believes that he knew.
That's eerie to me too because Dylan McKay always believed this as well.

Quote:
Well they did not make her a villain. It was clear that money and power were on Jack's side. Even if she had tried to protest separation from her son, he would have crushed her in the court, and left her out of the money. This way she at least kept something for Dylan, once Jack got in jail and stayed out of his stolen and undeserved money.
Yep, that's why I always sympathized with Iris, and she had a lot of guilt regardless. "If I had been stronger ..." But I think Dylan understood (and at the same time, he didn't).

Quote:
They tried to, but in the end he was just a guy who jeopardized his son's life and money to get out of the well deserved prison sentence. The fact he cooperated with FBI to get out of jail does not erase the fact he was a ****ty father and husband, and he did commit a freud with pensions.
Jack loved his son, however, and wanted to tell him the truth because of it. And as a result, he's offed. That's the beautiful tragedy of the storyline and why it works every time on me as a redemptive arc.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, I didn’t know Luke got a nomination. That’s great.

I’ve seen some of Jungle Boy’s matches on AEW. Not bad.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wow, I didn’t know Luke got a nomination. That’s great.
He got an ensemble nomination: outstanding performance by a cast for OUATIH. It's depressing to think he didn't get any major award nomination while he was alive.
Boy I'm gonna be a mess when the show his picture on the memorial section at the Oscars.

Quote:
But I'm glad he was so excited about the project, and I just learned that his son Jack was a production assistant on set and had a tiny cameo.
I didn't know that about his son, how great And yeah, I'm glad he got ot be part of a tribute to westerns, under the direction of Tarantino, no less.

Quote:
That's eerie to me too because Dylan McKay always believed this as well.
Totally, it's crazy to think about.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

i still cant believe he is gone. i got all the BH dvds but its hard for me to watch them

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-08-2020, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked his cameo in Once upon a Time in Hollywood. Such a good acting.

Quote:
Jack loved his son, however, and wanted to tell him the truth because of it. And as a result, he's offed. That's the beautiful tragedy of the storyline and why it works every time on me as a redemptive arc.
To me it doesn't, because while he loved his son (it's not a big achievement but a basic minumum, btw), the truth still was that he jeoperdized his son's life and money to get out of his prison sentence at that moment, and that he was a ****ty father for years. It works as a tragedy for Dylan, but not as a redemptive arc for Jack for me.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I had no idea he's in it. I'll have to check it out.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

S3 Dylan:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 02-10-2020, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

The Oscars didn't show Luke in the Memoriam section and I'm upset. Oh well.

Quote:
To me it doesn't, because while he loved his son (it's not a big achievement but a basic minumum, btw), the truth still was that he jeoperdized his son's life and money to get out of his prison sentence at that moment, and that he was a ****ty father for years. It works as a tragedy for Dylan, but not as a redemptive arc for Jack for me.
I'm with you on that
Old 02-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet's Walk (View Post)
The Oscars didn't show Luke in the Memoriam section and I'm upset. Oh well.

I'm with you on that
I noticed they didn’t show him either. A lot of people noticed too and were upset they didn’t. As they should be.
I am an original”
Closed Thread   Post New Thread