Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lost Boys #4: The island adventures may be over, but the friendships will remain.

Welcome to the 4th Island boys thread!

YouTube - The Best of LOST (S3) #10 DHARMA Van

Sawyer and Charlie
YouTube - Sawyer reads to Baby Aaron

Sawyer and Michael

Sawyer and Miles

Sawyer and Sayid

previous threads; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Sawyer and Hurley

previous thread; 1

Sawyer and Desmond

previous threads; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Last edited by Crystaline; 09-16-2010 at 04:08 AM
Old 07-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting the new thread and adding the links to the OP, Crys!

I don't remember if I ever asked your what's your favorite bromance.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

You know my favorite bromance! It's actually more of a trio. Sawyer/Jin/Michael.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know you love the Raft Trio, but I want you to resolve the triangle and pick only one side.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nevah! lol. Ok, really, if I had to choose... Sawyer/Jin. But a bigger part of me mourns what could've been with Sawyer/Sayid.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Jin completely owned my heart when he told Jack to "save Sawyer". And then I got some flirting in limbo, too. Jin/Sawyer was another missed possibility, in a way, because they got nice moments here and there, but you would expect much more from two men who lived and worked together for 3 years.

But yeah, Sawyer/Sayid is the biggest team pairing they never really explored. Sure, Sayid was mostly loyal to Jack in the first seasons, even after the whole rescue mission disaster in Season 3. After that Sayid and Sawyer were in the same place at the same time in very few occasions.

I don't remember if these have already been posted, but Michael and Carrie did a photoshoot for Gala Magazine:
Michael Emerson Photo Gallery - Gala Magazine

Does Ben deserves a section in the OP, after his angsty moments with James in Season 4?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Yes Ben should be included

One of the things that made me a bit frustrated with the mythology sometimesis that it left no room for exploring the character relationships after the 3 year time jump. Nothing meaningful between Sawyer and Hurley. No confrontation between Sawyer and Ben over how Ben had treated Juliet. Nothing between Sayid and Sawyer in Season 6. And I had always hoped for a scene where Sun told Jin that Sawyer had arranged her kidnapping.

Those pictures of Michael and Carrie are so cute:

Old 07-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the second shot, it's adorable. I wish I could see the colours and details properly.

We'll have to add a cap for Ben and Sawyer, then. I remember a bunch of promotional pics from S4 that we could use.

I feel your frustration, Dee. They spent a lot of time and energies on the Oceanic Six and their unfinished business, and very very little on the "Left-Behinders". I understand Sawyer and Hurley being put a bit aside because after 3 years of separation, in which Sawyer finally found some peace, he might've wondered why Hugo & co. left them there for so long but those 3 years didn't mean misery for his group, so he isn't holding things against Hurley and the others. And I believe the whole Juliet/Ben angle was completely dropped after how silly his romantic crush on her made him look in The Other Woman.
With Jin they had the opportunity to make Sawyer come clean to him about Sun's kidnapping, let the two of them talk about the children they've never seen... but the writers never cared enough to add those things.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like most, if not all, of the character interactions in seasons 5 and 6 were hollow and just plain lacking emotion. They didn't feel like a group of people that still cared about each other anymore. That's why it's so st00pid to me that the finale had them all smiling and hugging in the ~afterlife so thrilled to be spending an eternity with each other. I mean, really? You couldn't have found a group of people less compatibile than them, lol.

Aww, cute pics of Michael and Carrie. I totally ship them.

eta: ohnotheydidnt: Megan Fox and Dominic Monaghan to have sex in Eminem's new video

Last edited by Crystaline; 07-25-2010 at 12:12 AM
Old 07-25-2010, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

They started to compress a lot of stuff and characters in shorter seasons, and as much as they wanted to go on and on repeating that Lost was 80% about the characters, they kept sacrificing them and their interactions to advance the story. Or write funny scenes and separations to stall it. That's why a lot of dinamics and relationships in later seasons were brought up only when they had something absolutely necessary to resolve or address again. But in my opinion things had already taken that direction in Season 4, the last image of the Losties as one big group struggling together is at the end of Season 3, imo.
Look at it from this perspective: once you're this close to reach Heaven I'm sure you would feel nice and friendly towards everyone, too.
And... that's exactly what I was hoping they wouldn't do in the video, lol.

BTW, is Dominic working on any project at the moment?

ETA - Daniel and Grace Park at Comic-Con:

source: EW.com

Last edited by Hawthorn; 07-25-2010 at 12:19 PM
Old 07-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're right, S4 did start that descend in quality concerning the characters. But there was still much more ~genuine moments, IMO. I didn't feel like the group didn't give a sht about each other. I think the O6 storyline is what ruined everything.

And I have no idea what Dominic is up to these days now that FlashForward has been canceled. I kinda feel bad for him. The show had improved quite a lot.

Lovely pics! Grace Park is gorgeous. Btw, is that Len Wiseman to DDK's right? Kate Beckinsale's husband?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Supreme Fan

DANIEL DAE KIM- COMIC CON 2010

Comic-Con 2010 – First Words from the Hawaii 5-0 Press Room

+ photos

credits zimbio.com

+ photo

Last edited by rcerione; 07-25-2010 at 02:52 PM
Old 07-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all those pics, Roseli!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
You're right, S4 did start that descend in quality concerning the characters. But there was still much more ~genuine moments, IMO. I didn't feel like the group didn't give a sht about each other. I think the O6 storyline is what ruined everything.
Maybe it's because I still hold many grunges against that season and so many of its episodes that I see things so gloomy, lol. But yeah, the Oceanic Six arc created a fracture among the dinamics of the Losties that would never be fixed afterwards, it only kept getting worse.
Quote:
And I have no idea what Dominic is up to these days now that FlashForward has been canceled. I kinda feel bad for him. The show had improved quite a lot.
Still, he was lucky to land a role in what was considered the hottest tv project around a year or so ago.
Quote:
Lovely pics! Grace Park is gorgeous. Btw, is that Len Wiseman to DDK's right? Kate Beckinsale's husband?
He is... but I didn't know he was Kate Beckinsale's husband.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Maybe it's because I still hold many grunges against that season and so many of its episodes that I see things so gloomy, lol. But yeah, the Oceanic Six arc created a fracture among the dinamics of the Losties that would never be fixed afterwards, it only kept getting worse.
.. and worse. They just had no intention of repairing the damage. That's why it always irked me when Darlton would repeatedly say they're writing a character centric story. Because anyone with half a brain could see that was a load of sht.

Quote:
Still, he was lucky to land a role in what was considered the hottest tv project around a year or so ago.
True. I think ABC was really hoping FF would be the new Lost. And that.. failed.

Quote:
He is... but I didn't know he was Kate Beckinsale's husband.
Oh, Fran. I faith you'll get better with these things.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
.. and worse. They just had no intention of repairing the damage. That's why it always irked me when Darlton would repeatedly say they're writing a character centric story. Because anyone with half a brain could see that was a load of sht.
That problem started as soon as Season 3, actually. In earlier seasons they just had more episodes to fill and so several character moments were a nice "accident".
My problem with this show and the interactions has always been how they often just forgot what direction they were going. Instead of showing a steady progression, they jumped back and forth between different stages, picking the most convenient for the plot as a given moment. The relationships between the Losties, as in Season 4 (but even the second part of Season 3) had a character wanting to murder another one day, and then the following one they cared about each other. And then the ping-pong started all over again with little continuity or memory of what had happened.
The flaw was more evident in later seasons because they added tons of new characters and speeded things up.
That said, I ended up loving things even in my least favorite seasons. And the fact that they were steady with a certain relationship/interaction didn't guarantee I could get into it either, because the whole Kate/Aaron/Claire/Jack plot did very little for me.
Quote:
True. I think ABC was really hoping FF would be the new Lost. And that.. failed.
Every time you try to make something the "new ----" you fail. But Flashforward had potential, and a lot. It became too messy too fast, though.
BTW, how was the ending, decent? Is it worth to catch up with the second half of S1 and see how they wrapped things up, for me?
Quote:
Oh, Fran. I faith you'll get better with these things.
Nah. Usually, when I need an update on who's dating/breaking up with/cheating on/marrying who, I pester Misty via PM. It's way quicker and requires no work on my part.
Dude... reading gossip columns is exhausting. And what's worse is that they often reference previous developments that I know nothing about, either.

ETA - Wanna see Dominic and Meghan Fox make kissy kissy faces? Here you go:

World of Celebrities: Megan Fox & Dominic Monaghan filming Rihanna's music video for The Way You Lie in L.A. - July 23, 2010

Last edited by Hawthorn; 07-26-2010 at 11:42 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread