Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I want to know the source for these train photos!

Thanks for the news re Ken Leung Fran, I saw his film called 'Shanghai Kiss' and it was one of the best DVDs I have seen all year. I also checked out his appearance on 'The Sopranos' on youtube, which is good.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, that little film made me feel all nice about good ole' NYC. Ken did a great job. Sometimes I feel so meh about my hometown.

But I don't blame the poor kid. There is some outrageousness to be seen at times in the subway. LOL.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Passionate Fan

A new interview with Michael Emerson:

Quote:
"I was newly divorced, all my bridges were burned and I had no way to really make a living. And I thought, 'Well, if I'm going to have to start over, I'm jolly well going to start over doing what I please.'"

Regional theater work in the South and a master's degree in drama at the age of 40 led to a critically acclaimed Broadway debut in 1999's "The Iceman Cometh" with Kevin Spacey; an Emmy-winning turn as a psycho on "The Practice" in 2001 earned him the eye of "Lost" executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, who were casting what was to be a sporadic role of the leader of "The Others" for the show's second season.
Michael Emerson tries to find what to do after 'Lost' - The Envelope - LA Times
Old 08-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Crys - I've spent 10 years of my child/teenage life wanting to live in NYC. How dare you feel Meh about it.

Dee - never watched "Shangai Kiss". Now you're making me curious.

Thanks for the Michael quote. I didn't know he had started acting so late. Kudos to him for the risk he took, and the willpower.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Only Michael could use 'jolly' in a sentence and get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Crys - I've spent 10 years of my child/teenage life wanting to live in NYC. How dare you feel Meh about it.
I'm sorry! But really, you should come and visit one day. I could show you around.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Erica from LongLiveLocke wrote a great account of meeting Terry O'Quinn at his recent benefit for his brother's film - Using:

Long Live Locke.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I'm sorry! But really, you should come and visit one day. I could show you around.
I would love to come. And hang around with you would make it double the fun. But you'll have to bear with the girl-from-a-small-city-comes-to-visit-NY-for-the-first-time annoying kind of tourist I'll probably be, getting excited at anything and looking around in awe like a supah dork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belden (View Post)
Erica from LongLiveLocke wrote a great account of meeting Terry O'Quinn at his recent benefit for his brother's film - Using:

Long Live Locke.
That was a great read, indeed. Thanks for the link, Dee!
Terry can dance! And he was just the gentleman we all expect him to be.

Hawaii 5-0 video profile for Daniel Dae Kim:

Old 08-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Terry can dance and he knows all the lyrics to the latest songs on the radio? Color me shocked. He's even cooler than I already thought he was.

Quote:
I would love to come. And hang around with you would make it double the fun. But you'll have to bear with the girl-from-a-small-city-comes-to-visit-NY-for-the-first-time annoying kind of tourist I'll probably be, getting excited at anything and looking around in awe like a supah dork.
lmao. You'd probably take pictures of a billboard I wouldn't look twice at.

Thanks for the DDK clip. He's such a hottie. ♥
Old 08-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
lmao. You'd probably take pictures of a billboard I wouldn't look twice at.
You may experience some homicidal instincts toward me after the first day, but I promise to calm down, eventually.
Quote:
Thanks for the DDK clip. He's such a hottie. ♥
What does he say in the clip, anything interesting?
Daniel is hot, yet the main way I see him is as cute/adorable. It might be because I felt protective of Jin on Lost - he was for me what Hurley/Jorge was for other people.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Michael Emerson has conducted a recent video interview where a talked a bit about life after LOST, and also spoke about the ending of LOST. It is pretty long but some interesting parts are where he talked about the humbling experience of having recently done a bad audition for a 'major motion picture', the fact that he is auditioning a lot, and the fact that he thinks it is good that the cast is taking their time before they jump into their next project (Video Part 1). He says he has turned down sinister roles that he doesn't necessarily want (he wants to do something different). Also, at the beginning of Part 2, he is nice about being nominated for an Emmy, explaining that he keeps in mind all the actors (in the industry in general) who are not nominated for the Emmys.

Thanks for the DDK clip - he doesn't really say anything interesting but he looks so young, and there a pictures of him doing a photoshoot. The clips of Hawaii 5-0 look really good. Daniel looks like he has a really good role. The 'Danno' guy looks like good comic relief. I hope it takes off.

Last edited by Belden; 09-24-2010 at 06:27 AM
Old 08-10-2010, 02:11 PM
MST Manager

Thanks Dee!

Here is a Hollywood Reporter article from today in which Michael Emerson talks about a possible tv show he and Terry O'Quinn could do together.

'Lost' actors pursuing TV project

Last edited by Sulieter; 08-10-2010 at 02:23 PM
Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Dee and Julie! I really hope a project for Michael and Terry comes to frution.

Quote:
What does he say in the clip, anything interesting?
Daniel is hot, yet the main way I see him is as cute/adorable. It might be because I felt protective of Jin on Lost - he was for me what Hurley/Jorge was for other people.
He talked a little bit about the show and his character. How he's a guy with a dark past, but he's still able to be present and have those light moments.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for article and video, girls! And for the recaps, because I can't listen to anything.
I wonder what kind opf roles is Michael auditioning for.

I've seen quite a few nice comments about the Hawaiii 5-O pilot around, I hope they're reliable.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Not only for DDK, but Scott Caan is kinda hot.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Michael Emerson's just done about 3 print interviews in 24 hours. He mentioned in one of them that Jorge and Beth are house-sitting his LA house, while he is in New York. Michael said they will probably be house-mates for a week or so during the Emmys How nice is that!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread