Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all these quotes Nick! This is really interesting to read, especially since he mentions we might hear something in a few days...
Old 10-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

I sure hope he means it! Maybe Monday?
Old 10-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

AHHHH SO EXCITING. I'm so exciting to see Rachel work with Colin most of all
Old 10-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda s. (View Post)
I sure hope he means it! Maybe Monday?
Yeah, I hope early next week! It will be 5 weeks on Tuesday since HBO confirmed Farrell and Vaungh (yeah I'm actually counting the days ).
Old 10-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

THEY HAVE TO TELL US SOMETHING. IT'S NEARLY NOVEMBER. Gah!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Tayor Kitsch kind of confirms his casting in an interview that just got released:
Quote:
You've got True Detective coming up?
[Nodding] Mm-hmm. (For the record from sources involved in the negotiations: the deal is close, but not complete.)

It's a great show.
Yeah, I'm really excited. I’ve just been prepping. It’s been almost a full year since I’ve been on camera, so I’m itching, man. I’m overdue. You’ve just got to grind it out. Even taking this year off was, I mean you want to work, but you also don’t want to just water it down and work for the sake of working. So, it was tough to sit a year out, keeping a finger crossed that I was going to get True.

Is that why you took the year?
Yeah, I mean it was just showing a lot of patience on my end and turning a lot of stuff down because I wanted to be a part of it. And having this meeting with Nic Pizzolatto, it kind of brought me back to when I was here in New York and why I wanted to be a actor, why you struggle and why you don't quit. And when we’re talking, I mean he’s obviously incredibly smart and passionate, so that rubs off. And you’re just excited to go now. I can’t ****ing wait to hit camera. So I’m excited. I loved that first season of it so much. It’s just unlike anything I’ve seen in, you know, I don’t know when. And it was so grounded. It could really happen. This is very similar, and I love that. It makes it more relatable. It makes these guys more real. Nowadays, it takes ****ing balls to stand by that and do it that way.
More: Taylor Kitsch on HBO's True Detective, Call of Duty, and Living Out of His Car in L.A. | Adweek
Old 10-27-2014, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

This whole True Detective saga is driving me bonkers.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Some True Detective updates:
Quote:
HBO is putting finishing touches on the cast for the second season of True Detective of the Friday table read. I have learned that Kelly Reilly (Black Box) is finalizing a deal for a regular role, while Michael Irby (Almost Human), Abigail Spencer (Suits) and Leven Rambin (Hunger Games) are either set or close to deals for recurring roles.

Reilly and Spencer had been on the short list of actresses invited to meet with True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto for the female lead, which was ultimately offered to Rachel McAdams, but sources cautioned at the time that Pizzolatto was eyeing some of the actresses on the list for other parts.

Season 2 of True Detective revolves around three police officers, played by Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch and McAdams, and a career criminal (Vince Vaughn) who must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder. Reilly would play the self-possessed Morgan. Irby is poised to play McAdams’ partner, now named Elvis. Rambin would likely play Sophia, a beauty with a history of drug problems, while Spencer is in line to portray Alicia, the survivor of a sexual attack.
Advertisement | Deadline
And from The Wrap:
Quote:
The final lead role, police detective Ani Bezzerides, is likely to go to Rachel McAdams, though her deal has not yet closed.
'True Detective' Adds Kelly Reilly, Abigail Spencer, Michael Irby and Leven Rambin - TheWrap
So there will be a table read tomorrow; let's hope HBO will confirm the casting soon!
Old 10-31-2014, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

HBO is killing me in the face with this business. I just need confirmation.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

I'm really disappointed we still haven't heard official confirmation from HBO, even after the reported table read on Friday. Rachel was spotted in LA for a few days (and flew out on Friday) so let's hope she was in town for the table read
Old 11-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Same. How long are they going to wait to make some kind of announcement?!
Old 11-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

I seriously need a confirmation. She was in LA recently for the table read, no?
Old 11-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

PRESUMABLY. This is driving me up the freaking wall. Why won't HBO confirm anything?!
Old 11-09-2014, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

HBO is probably waiting until they actually start shooting? The reported start date is November 17th (Rachel's birthday!!) so we might have to wait another week?

EDIT: McConaughey's advice to the new TD cast

Last edited by winterbird; 11-09-2014 at 06:08 AM
Old 11-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

This is such a cute interview!! I love it, thanks so much for sharing it, Lindsey!