Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-15-2014, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the info, guys! I feel so uneasy about this film and I hate that because I just really liked the whole weirdo concept of that version of the script I read.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

good thing i never read scripts of any of rachel's works. i don't want to get disappoint or get my hopes up!

hope the hawaii movie won't flop it's bradley cooper, rachel, and emma stone after all.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Cameron Crowe was featured in Rachel's Canada Walk Of Fame Tribute. His quote on Rachel:
Quote:
"To anybody lucky enough to have been able to work with her. She gives you everything. Every layer, every color, every light and every piece of darkness. She gives you a full span of emotion."
The video can be found here: Rachel McAdams Online | RachelMcAdams.org | Your Longest Running Source Dedicated to Rachel McAdams | A Most Wanted Man | Untitled Cameron Crowe Project | Every Thing Will Be Fine | Southpaw | The Little Prince
Old 01-05-2015, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

I thought that was so sweet of him to say.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

The movie is included in Chicago's Sun Times Top 15 Films Richard Roeper Can't Wait To See:
Quote:
Cameron Crowe’s untitled project
I’ve always been a huge fan of Crowe’s, even when he gets a little too sentimental (“We Bought a Zoo”). His new romantic comedy features a cast Woody Allen would envy: Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, John Krasinski, Bill Murray and Alec Baldwin. May 29
The 15 films Richard Roeper can’t wait to see in 2015
Old 01-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Howard Stern interviewed Bradley Cooper on his radio show on January 6 and asked him about the upcoming Cameron Crowe movie. They talked briefly about Bill Murray, Cameron Crowe's directing style, acting with Emma Stone. FYI: There's some cursing in the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOZh15btGGk

Interview starts at 22:10 and ends at 24:17.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for both links, guys! I really can't wait to see this either.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the interview Lis!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

The untitled Cameron Crowe/Hawaii project is also included in Indiewire's The 100 Most Anticipated Films Of 2015:

Quote:
27. "Untitled Cameron Crowe Project"
Director: Cameron Crowe ("Jerry Maguire," "Almost Famous")
Cast: Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Bill Murray, John Krasinski
Synopsis: A celebrated military contractor returns to Hawaii —the site of his greatest career triumphs— and re-connects with a long-lost love while unexpectedly falling for the hard-charging Air Force watchdog assigned to him.
What You Need To Know: Once titled “Deep Tiki,” this “Jerry Maguire”-esque film was a script we read ages ago and was supposed to be Crowe’s follow-up to 2005's "Elizabethtown." An earlier iteration fell apart and Crowe has made three films since (two music docs and “We Bought A Zoo”). It’s likely morphed over the years, but if “Jerry Maguire” was about a sports agent who finds unlikely love after a fall from grace, the script we read felt like a spiritual cousin, only set against a backdrop of Hawaiian mysticism and the world of military contractors and satellite defense. Our best guess is that it aims for a similar humanistic, comedy romance vibe that Crowe often shoots for with an adventure tinge, and that’s enough to keep us onboard with a filmmaker we're always interested in. Once due Christmas 2014, the film was pushed for reasons unknown to this summer.
Release Date: May 29th
The 100 Most Anticipated Films Of 2015 | The Playlist
Lis posted Rachel's other upcoming movies in their own threads
Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Oh man, so many of them! This excites me so much.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

I remembered that Indiewire included the movie in their 2014 list so I looked it up, and it's kind of fun to see what they wrote last time. It's also a good sign that they still rank it really high this year, must mean they are really looking forward to it : http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...0140102?page=9

EDIT: I did some searching around and I found some more listings at 2015 anticipated movies lists:

Movies.com's The 2015 Movies That Need to Be on Your Radar list by Peter Hall:
Quote:
Auteur Directors with New Movies
Untitled Cameron Crowe Project - Cameron Crowe (Say Anything, Vanilla Sky, Almost Famous). Let's just rattle off this cast list: Bill Murray, Rachel McAdams, Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Jay Baruchel, John Krasinski and Danny McBride.
The 2015 Movies That Need to Be on Your Radar | Movie News | Movies.com
Screencrush's list Top 25 Most Anticipated Movies 2015:
Quote:
Why We’re Excited: Look, if after ‘Vanilla Sky,’ ‘Elizabethtown,’ and ‘We Bought a Zoo’ you want to say that you’re not longer excited for anything with Cameron Crowe’s name on it, we get it. But we haven’t forgotten ‘Say Anything…’ and ‘Almost Famous’ (or ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’) and we remain resolute in our belief that Crowe will regain his form and deliver yet another masterpiece. Here’s hoping this untitled project (previously known as ‘Deep Tiki’) is it.
The 25 Most Anticipated Movies of 2015!
FilmSchoolReject's Top 52 list with an interesting note:
Quote:
It was unfortunately but wisely pulled from its original Christmas 2014 slot — where it would have been up against a dozen other movies. The fact that the studio didn’t shove it under the rug is a good sign, and it should make for a breath of fresh air right around the time the spandex explosions really start going.
The 52 Most Anticipated Movies of 2015
Slashfilm's Top 30 by Peter Sciretta:
Quote:
The only reason this movie isn’t higher is because of the project’s reputation. It took 6 years to make; Ben Stiller and Reese Witherspoon were originally set to star but left due to scheduling issues; and now the Sony leak has revealed that the film isn’t testing well (that said, some of my favorite movies didn’t test well with mainstream audiences).
http://www.slashfilm.com/peters-anti...movies-2015/3/
HitFix's Top 40:
Quote:
37. "Untitled Cameron Crowe"
Cause for excitement: After a commercial success with the forgettable "We Bought a Zoo," Crowe returns with a love triangle featuring Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams.
Possible warnings signs: Probably just the fact that in leaked E-mails Sony Pictures chairman Amy Pascal ripped it as being "ridiculous" and that numerous story elements "make no sense." Honestly, we're stunned they haven't moved it to August yet.
http://www.hitfix.com/galleries/40-m...vies-of-2015#4

Last edited by winterbird; 01-10-2015 at 04:15 AM
Old 01-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

May 29 isn't that far away now that we are in 2015, I wonder when we will get the first still(s) and/or trailer
Old 01-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

The movie is also on Indiewire's "The 40 Indie Films Indiewire is Most Excited to See in 2015":

Quote:
Untitled Cameron Crowe Project
Director: Cameron Crowe
Cast: Emma Stone, Bradley Cooper, Rachel McAdams, Jay Baruchel, Bill Murray, John Krasinski
Release Date: May 29
Why We're Excited: Well, could it be as bad as those leaked Amy Pascal emails say? Who knows. But a whimsical romantic comedy with a cast like this could end up being a charming refreshment this summer. And eventually, Cameron Crowe will find his talent... Right? We still really love "Jerry Maguire" and "Say Anything." We have faith.

The 40 Indie Films Indiewire is Most Excited to See in 20 | Indiewire
I also don't understand why this movie would be classified as an indie. But I still look forward to watching this movie
Old 01-13-2015, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

How exciting! I can't wait to see this one, I'm so glad everyone is excited for it.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

That's great Lis, thanks for sharing! So excited they included this movie and Southpaw in another list.