Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

She's also co-lead in Starcrossed, right?
Cristofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

And also Deserted.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Then that is four movies where Mischa carries the film, and no news of a DVD release for any of them.
The Shadow Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:40 AM
Elite Fan

They are 4 of the more recent productions so not that surprising.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yeah, a couple of those are a lot newer.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Not every movie gets a DVD release. It's all down to if they think it will be profitable, as a DVD release is never going to be cheap, and they need to know that there's at least a good chance of enough sales to make a reasonable profit. So we'll probably never see some of Mischa's movies on DVD - which is why I'm always on the look-out for any rare ones on TV!
Gemma_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:13 AM
Extreme Fan

That's a given. There are films that have made, and years after, they still have not have a DVD (or even a VHS) release. But with the rise of on-demand DVD printing from the likes of the Warner Archive Collection, there's also a possibility of overlooked films getting a second chance.

There is a site that might be of interest to anyone in the UK. You input a name or title and the site will give you a 14 days schedule. I have taken the liberty of entering Mischa's name...

Mischa Barton Schedule - TV Listings | LocateTV

As you can see, over the next 14 days, Mischa is on 5 times, and all of them are Lost And Delirious. A useful tool in getting hold of those unavailable films, it's helped in building my Jena Malone film collection.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

I think every released Mischa movie thus far has appeared on DVD somewhere in the world.

I'm mainly concerned with upping VOD releases, though. DVD probably won't be around much longer anyway.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:21 AM
Extreme Fan

If that happens, I don't know what I will do. I am not into all this downloading/streaming (or whatever it is called) nonsense. I like to have a physical DVD shelf, with physical DVD's on it. Same with buying DVD's, I still primarily buy from a physical shop. Only resorting to buying from the internet, if the title is unavailable in shops.

So for me, it's the other way around. Cherish and help DVD sales. Same goes for books and brick + mortar shops. If a film was released in a digital format, I wouldn't bother with it.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

I understand that you may not like it, but if supporting a film means getting it from a digital release, why not? I am in full support of ma and pop /local businesses, but people work on on the films they make, so shouldn't they be supported too?
Cablebot3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Extreme Fan

I wouldn't be interested if it was digital only. I have built up a physical DVD collection, so I wouldn't be interested in abandoning that for a digital collection.

More companies should offer a print on demand system, so for example, if a company received two orders of, say... LA Slasher, then they would run off two copies. If they got a further 5 orders, then they would run another 5. Warner do it with their 'Archive Collection', but they don't ship to the UK, that is where Ebay has come in handy.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I understand. I use to be like that about dvd's as well, but I oddly grew out of that, probably from a lack of funds lol.

By the way, Jenna Malone, great actress, kind of just realized that was her in your picture after all this time haha
Cablebot3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

I would just like to see a more streamlined approach to digital content. It's annoying having one service provider with this title, and then another with this other title. I get everyone wanting to have their own exclusives, but once you've paid for it, it should belong to you and be playable within any service of your choosing.

They've kind of started that with ultraviolet, but not quite there yet.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cablebot3000 (View Post)
I understand. I use to be like that about dvd's as well, but I oddly grew out of that, probably from a lack of funds lol.

By the way, Jenna Malone, great actress, kind of just realized that was her in your picture after all this time haha
That's understandable, she has that chameleonic ability to looking different. And it goes without saying that Jena's a fantastic actress.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yeah, a lack of $$ led to me pretty much giving up on my DVD collection, lol. I mean, I still have the (enormous) one that I built up over several years, but it's been a lot cheaper for me in general to have the streaming services, and for DVD/Blu Ray purchases to be the exception rather than the rule.
Reply   Post New Thread