Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

S1A is before Josh started listening to TWoP about Marissa :/
Old 10-25-2015, 05:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I finished re-watching all of S1. I enjoyed it overall.

I kind of like Oliver, lol. He was an entertaining character, imo.

The post-Oliver stuff wasn't too bad. Summer stood up for Marissa in one of the episodes. Summer told Ryan that Marissa has a good heart.

Seth stood up for Marissa at times too. Like at the end of The Shower, Seth thought that Ryan should apologize to Marissa (for not being there for most of the shower).

Seth also didn't think it was cool that Luke slept with Julie.

The core 4 scenes in The Proposal were really cute.

There was that thing that Seth said to Marissa in the S1 finale, but at least Marissa fought back.

Seth was more sympathetic to Marissa in 2x09.

I'll try to start S2 soon!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

I appreciate Oliver a lot more these days, for sure.

And as much I enjoyed the core 4 scenes back in the day, it's clear as day now that Marissa was always treated as the lone wolf. Despite the show trying to tell us every week that it was Ryan. And that's pretty much what unraveled the show, imo.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think The OC consistently failed at giving each of the Core Four their own unique relationship. Even Marissa/Summer didn't get nearly as much focus as Ryan/Seth, Seth/Summer, R/M. And Seth/Marissa and Ryan/Summer were virtual strangers. As much as I rag on Grey's Anatomy, each member of the original MAGIC group had their own relationship with the other. Certain bonds had particular highlights, but everyone loved everyone else in their own way and each relationship got focus.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it was constantly about the romantic relationships only or how next to build a triangle.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
Yeah, it was constantly about the romantic relationships only or how next to build a triangle.
Even moreso in S2, when Kirsten and Sandy (especially Kirsten) basically started treating Ryan like a mildly annoying house guest. Summer's parents weren't even SEEN, other than one S1 cameo by her father, until S3. There were extremely few familial connections even honored anymore. The OC really highlights that a show cannot thrive on contrived triangles alone.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

DP- I think we've talked before about Phoebe Tonkin being a Marissa fan, but this is ADORABLE.

Quote:
Phoebe Tonkin is the best friend we all need in our squad. She doesn’t try to be the ~cool~ girl; she’s just herself. She loves Taylor Swift, she can sing along to every word of every song on “1989,” she’s a master at finding the perfect Insta filter and she’s the only one who knows how truly devastating Marissa Cooper’s death on “The O.C.” was for you.

“My group of friends, we weren’t cool, and we would make really weird videos and run around the town,” the 26-year-old Australian actress told MTV News. “I recently went back to Sydney, and I watched some of these videos that we made, we’d make ’O.C.’ videos — just really weird stuff. I thought I was Marissa Cooper.”

“I was all about Marissa and her Keds and her little day dresses,” Tonkin added. “When she died, I didn’t have to go to school the next day. I literally got the day off because I was inconsolable. It was a really big moment in my life. My mom was like, ’You’re an embarrassment. You can’t go to school today.'”
X
Old 11-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

LOLOL. I love Phoebe in general, even more for her real life lifestyle and opinions than her on screen work, but this takes it to a whole other level.

She understands the struggle and loss of being a Marissa stan completely.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Please note that I have not yet checked to see if this works, lol, but The OC is apparently available for streaming on the CW's website. I will update with more info when I remember to follow through on this, heh, for anyone who wants to re-live Marissa scenes!
Old 11-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

I'm still surprised it's not on Netflix.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Okay, I watched a bit of the pilot on my laptop- it seems to work, and did not ask me for a cable box # or anything like that. I'll try the app on my iPad as well as a couple more episodes on the website, and see how that goes. It DOES have ads, which is irritating because I had mostly gotten rid of them, lol (I pay more on Hulu to get rid of ads).

It really should be on Netflix, especially as most CW shows are anyway? How on earth did The CW Seed site get this contract?
Old 11-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Probably because The OC was a Warner Brothers production despite airing on FOX. And since Warner half owns The CW, it probably just ended up there by default.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

This precious angel.

X

I miss her
Old 12-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Aw, I love that, lol.

I finished re-watching S2. I enjoyed it for the most part, but there were some things I didn't care for too much, like Seth/Summer/Zack, Ryan/Lindsay dealing with Caleb, Sandy/Rebecca...

I miss Jimmy after he leaves in 2x07. I liked his interactions with Marissa, Julie, Sandy, and Kirsten.

I'm not sure which season I like more overall- S2 or S3.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, I almost forgot about Lindsay and her shiny, shiny hair. That was a lame plot- for someone who seemed to be solely created to be more "stable" than Marissa, she broke up with Ryan like every five seconds.

I liked Zack on his own, although I generally found him to be too good for the Seth/Summer drama. I loved Alex. I did not like DJ at all.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread