Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2013, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do Thanks for the reminder!

What do you think of this song? It's a good song, the lyrics are quite dark but I can relate to them.
Do you remember when you first heard this song? No, it wasn't when it was released, as I didn't even know Delta had new music out at that time, so I think I may have seen the video on youtube sometime and then later I ordered the album online.
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Yes, I think I can relate to it more now
Do you believe that this made a good single? Yes, it was a brave single choice but it didn't do too bad I think.
What do you think of the single cover? Love it, it fits the song
Would you change anything about the single cover? No
Favourite lyrics?
The girl in the chair with the long golden hair
Well that used to be me
A flirtatious smile unpredictably wild
Always trying to please
I was always walking one step ahead
Or so I thought until the monster crawled into my bed
Rewind and erase that shock look on your face
'cause your mona lisa is dead

Least favourite lyrics? None
Favourite performance of this song? Hmm maybe from the visualise or believe again tour, I'm not sure
Do you like the music video? I do, although it's not my favourite
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? No, can't really think of anything I'd change
Favourite part of the music video? Don't really have any
Least favourite part of the music video? None
Anything else you'd like to add? Sorry it took me so long to answer the questions

Last edited by broken melody; 06-02-2013 at 03:54 AM
Old 06-02-2013, 04:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know why but I've never seen the lyrics of this song as being dark

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2013, 03:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

If I had realised that we were up to this song & remembered I would have posted this earlier this month, but still July... 10 years & 8 days ago now

Featured Song: Extraordinary Day

Extraordinary Day is the fourth track from Delta's second album Mistaken Identity. It was written by Delta Goodrem & Vince Pizzinga.
Lyrics

What do you think of this song?
Do you remember when you first heard this song?
Has your opinion of this song changed over time?
Do you believe that this would have made a good single?
Favourite lyrics?
Least favourite lyrics?
Favourite performance of this song?
If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it?
Anything else you'd like to add?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

What do you think of this song? I love it, but it's such a sad song so I don't listen to it too often.
Do you remember when you first heard this song? No, probably when I first listened to the album
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Not really
Do you believe that this would have made a good single? I think it's too personal, it would probably be a hard song to promote for Delta
Favourite lyrics?

Why? Had my universe gone mad?
Was there no compassion? I was wrong
So many loving hands reaching out to hold me

I know, I can’t change fate of that July the 8th and it was never the same
I know, this stage is frightening but it's oh so enlightening is this how karma goes?

Favourite performance of this song? Visualise
If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it? Hmm, it's such a personal song so I'm not sure what would work.. Maybe just Delta playing the piano?
Anything else you'd like to add? No
Old 07-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Elite Fan

What do you think of this song? Sad and emotional.
Do you remember when you first heard this song? I remember having an argument about it but not sure if that was the first time I heard it or not.
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Not really no. I was being a bitch when I made comments that triggered an argument, but had I known what the song was about at the time I would have said nothing. It is a good song.
Do you believe that this would have made a good single? No, but only because it is so personal for Delta as it is a good song. It possibly could have done well, but on the other hand people may not have wanted to play it because of what it was about.
Favourite lyrics?
Who would have thought when chance came calling that this would be my defining story and who
Could have guessed on my life's journey I could find my way through this extraordinary day

Least favourite lyrics? None that I can think of.
If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it? She could have shown fans supporting her and just had her playing the piano. All I see for it is something in black and white.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

What do you think of this song? Moving, emotional and sad.
Do you remember when you first heard this song? The album.
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Definitely not. I think, although emotional, it is a good song.
Do you believe that this would have made a good single? To be honest, I can't see it as single material, so.
Favourite lyrics?
I know, I can’t change fate of that July the 8th and it was never the same
I know, this stage is frightening but it's oh so enlightening is this how karma goes?

Least favourite lyrics? None. Not at all.
If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it? I think Delta at a piano, and also maybe Delta (at times) sitting down and just thinking about that Extraordinary day.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just thought I'd remind you Chelle to answer the questions
Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

But I don't want to

What do you think of this song? Extremely personal. I don't love it but I can't not listen to it & I can't/don't hate it either. Its hard to describe how the song makes me feel or what I think of it
Do you remember when you first heard this song? Probably the first time I heard the album
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Not really that I can remember
Do you believe that this would have made a good single? No but I also don't think she would have considered it to be one
Favourite lyrics? I don't know, I love a number of lines (all said by the three of you already)
Least favourite lyrics? don't have any
If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it? I don't know that I'd want her to as that'd probably mean she would have made it a single & I don't think that would have been a good idea. I'm not sure what you could do with it
Anything else you'd like to add? Sorry I forgot, again (I actually knew I had to update the thread, I just didn't remember I hadn't answered yet)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-20-2013, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for answering them anyway

I agree that Delta probably wouldn't have released this as a single anyway
Old 08-20-2013, 04:44 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It is a hard song to do, which may have been why I put it off & then forgot I hadn't done it

I just feel it is too personal that she wouldn't have wanted to promote it. Its one thing to put it out there on the album for her fans to hear, but its completely different to put it out there on the radio for everyone to hear. It also probably wouldn't have done too well as a single either anyway

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Yeah there are some songs so personal on an artist's album that are usually too 'personal' to release if you kind of get what I mean, you know?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Featured Song: A Little Too Late

A Little Too Late is the fifth track from Delta's second album Mistaken Identity. The song was released as the albums fourth single in Australia on 27 May 2005, peaking at #13. It was written by Gary Barlow, Delta Goodrem, & Eliot Kennedy.
Lyrics

What do you think of this song?
Do you remember when you first heard this song?
Has your opinion of this song changed over time?
Do you believe that this made a good single?
What do you think of the single cover?
Would you change anything about the single cover?
Favourite lyrics?
Least favourite lyrics?
Favourite performance of this song?
Do you like the music video?
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what?
Favourite part of the music video?
Least favourite part of the music video?
Anything else you'd like to add?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i love this song but all i think of is how she hated having to do the video for it

i like when she does it on tour because it works when she talks here and there through the song (sometimes i find that annoying)
Old 08-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

What do you think of this song? It is a fun song, I like it
Do you remember when you first heard this song? When I first heard the album maybe, I'm not sure if I ever heard it before that
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Nope
Do you believe that this made a good single? I'm not sure. I guess it did well & I'm not sure what a better song on the album would have been either
What do you think of the single cover? I like it
Would you change anything about the single cover? I'd make it so that the song name & her name weren't put together that way
Favourite lyrics?
I'm a little too young to understand
But it's a little too late to hold my hand
I'm a little too lost without you here
That I'm a little too soft and too sincere

Do you like the music video? Not really. It just seems random & strange, but if she hated doing the video I don't feel too bad about feeling that way
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? Make it better, but I don't know how
Favourite part of the music video? Some of the parts where it is just her singing in front of a wall
Least favourite part of the music video? It being random & weird
Anything else you'd like to add? I actually answered without people waiting for me this time

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-24-2013, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

What do you think of this song? I like it, it's fun to sing along to
Do you remember when you first heard this song? No, probably when I first heard the album
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? No not really
Do you believe that this made a good single? I'm not sure, I think I would have prefered Last Night On Earth or Electric Storm.
What do you think of the single cover? Love it!
Would you change anything about the single cover? Same as Chelle
Favourite lyrics?
I'm a little too young to understand
But it's a little too late to hold my hand

Favourite performance of this song? at Visualise
Do you like the music video? It's not one of my favourites, so not really
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? Yes, get rid of those people who are supposed to be her friends, they make the video seem unnatural I think Delta performing or driving in a car with a guy could be good.
Favourite part of the music video? None
Least favourite part of the music video? Most of the video?
Anything else you'd like to add? Nope