Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-16-2004, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

I used to lurk on the AWTR thread and read that some people were upset about not having all the deleted scenes..but 36! That's a lot.

The DVD isn't still out so I don't know what it has...does it have deleted scenes? anything else?

Maybe with the time they make "the director's cut" or something like that with all the scenes, and more stuff. Lots of directors have done that.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 06-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love a walk to remember, each time i see its like i am watching for the first time or something :sad: Mandy and shane did a awesome job in this movie, i mean i had to see it again in theathers just to see them. but i will definetly get it on dvd, i have it on vhs but i prety much worn the taping on it.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love AWtR and it's one of my favorite movies. I think Mandy and Shane did a great job on it and I love the storyline. When Mandy sings, I'm just so amazed because I think her voice is so beautiful!
I had no idea how it was goign to end, lol, cause I hadn't read that much about it so I was heartbroken but it was still beautiful
→ 182

Old 06-16-2004, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

I loved this movie and shane west and mandy did an awesome job. Also i loved the play part when she sang the song with the piano she did excellent i have the soundtrack and it rocks.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 06-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

The AWtR DVD isn't very impressive, it has the "Cry" video and a commentary but no deleted scenes or anything.

Nikki
Old 06-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wait a minute...you're not actually telling me that they cut our 36 scenes?
Where have I been that I didnn't know that?
Old 06-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Grrr... that's why I didn't buy the DVD. All thoes deleted scenes.. wasted.

icon by poordeadturtle
Old 06-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

There was a scene where Landon took Jamie to a baseball field(there are pictures from that somewhere). There was also a scene were Landon sung "Only Hope" to a very sick Jamie.

Nikki
Old 06-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Extreme Fan

I know this is a tragic drama but it's such a feel good movie too. I loved the commentary by Mandy, Shane and the director on the DVD.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is my favorite movie of all time. It's so sad, I love it so much. Landon and Jamie are my favorite couple from a movie, they had amazing chemistry. The commentary was great, I wish that the DVD had more extras, I was disappointed.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Elite Fan

I agree that it's also a "feel good" type of movie cause you get to see the love between Landon and Jamie, however short lived.

Nikki
Old 06-17-2004, 02:30 AM
Extreme Fan

You guys should watch Nicholas Spark's (the author of AWtR) commentary, he explains it quite well of it being a feel good movie. And it will probably give you a new perspective to the movie.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

So the DVD has nothing? I thought it had at least two or three scenes!

Quote:
There was also a scene were Landon sung "Only Hope" to a very sick Jamie.
Awww and we're missing that!

I've just checked and I'll be able to buy the DVD on August 31th for 14.96€ which is REALLY CHEAP comparing it to the rest of DVD's out there.

The bad thing is that the only thing it it doesn't even have subtitles in english, they are in spanish and when I saw it in theatres the translation was AWFUL. And it says it only has a trailer Not even commentarie of the movie, but I guess it'll be there anyway, they don't say it always .
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 06-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - cris -

Awww and we're missing that!

Exactly what I thought, that would have made me melt on my couch, I swear!
Old 06-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Did they ever explain why the DVD barely has anything? Like, why did they decide to leave out the deleted scenes?

icon by poordeadturtle