Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Well I've still not seen it. I didn't end up getting to see it this past weekend.

To key in on Mandy singing, I don't think it's really her idea to sing in these films. She signs on for the roles and perhaps the directors or TPTB want to put her skill to use.

Nikki
Old 06-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I remember someone asking a couple of times for Saved avies so made three (hope it's okay to post them here) :

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

What a cute avie!

Nikki
Old 06-25-2004, 12:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I so desperately want to see this movie especially b/c of Mandy and Patrick Fugit. I dont if is going to be shown in Europe or when. Do any of you guys many know? Thanks
Old 06-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

So I missed seeing it last weekend and was all set to see it this weekend and it's not being shown now. How much does this suck?

Nikki
Old 07-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Absolute Fan

This is also my first time seeing a Mandy Moore movie, and I liked it a lot. It's quite funny, and it's good to see that Mandy Moore isn't afraid to play a part where she's not the star or the heroine of the film. It's a pretty good ensemble cast, and I recognized one of the girls as the daughter from the TV show Now and Again a few years ago. It was nice to see her again.

Saved! resonated with me because I went to a liberal college in Virginia, but it was in the same town as Liberty University and Jerry Falwell. We heard a lot about the Liberty students trying to "save" us and calling us the "whores on the hill." So I can certainly imagine that there are right-wing Christian schools like what's portrayed in this movie.

It is all about tolerance and thinking for yourself. I will definitely get this when it comes out on DVD. I also loved the music for the credits, which was a cover of the Beach Boys' "God only knows what I'd do without you." I hope everybody gets to see this film. I had to drive about 45 minutes to get to a theatre that had it, and it was worth it.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Passionate Fan

"Will Dance for Food" - I love that scene. I'm glad you guys liked the movie and I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who felt that way about Mandy. I've read a bunch of articles from Mandy's castmates who thought she would be some diva but they ended up being surprised by Mandy in the end. I love that.

Mandy can act and I think this movie shows that's true but so did A Walk to Remember. The thing is, some people like black comedies like Saved! and not love stories like A Walk to Remember. It doesn't mean Mandy was bad in the latter, people just made assumptions that she would be yet another singer/actress. She just keeps on surprising new people and I think that's great.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Passionate Fan

the singing was already in the movie, before mandy signed on.
i read about the anne hathaway too, but i dunno if i believe it, because in one aritcle heather matarazzo disses the girl that was supposet o play hilary faye, saying ti was a good thing mandy signed on cause that other girl qwould have ruined the movie and that she was a horrible actress. I don't think heather would say such a thing about anne hathaway since they've been in movies togerher and seem to be friends.

i think my fave scene is mandy with teh gun shooting the guy's crotch.
What is the life of a star? Why is it such a big deal? I'm from Vancouver. I came down here to do a job. I have a real problem with celebrity and how it's glamorized. What confuses me is why people are in awe. ~ Carly Pope
Old 07-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

"I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary."

Do you remember where you read that about Heather? I doubt she'd say that if it was supposed to be Anne, since I'm pretty sure they're friends.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys, just popping in t say that I saw Saved last weekend and I really liked it. It was a really different and bold movie, and Mandy's acting was quite good. I had a weird reaction to the movie because i know so many of the crazy christian types that the movie talks about. My whole life has kina been like that, going to church and stuff, my parents always tryignt o save me, talking about all the sinners and stuff. I am not into it so I totally related to Mary's struggle. Because i have an inside perspective i though the movie was very realistic and honest.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Is this movie still in theaters?
Old 07-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, it's still in theaters. If you can find it at a theatre near you, go see it!
Old 07-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Total Fan

Good movie!! Mandy had such a hillarious character. It must have been a blast for her filming it.

Oh and I agree with everyone...the 'will dance for food' part was awesome
Old 07-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really wanted to see this movie. Mostly b/c Michael Stipe produced it. But I missed it.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Does anyone know any Australian release dates?