Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Saved! Appreciation Thread

Saved! is my favorite Mandy Moore movie. I know it hasn't had a big release but I can't be the only one who's seen it. Mandy plays Hilary Faye in this dark comedy and she's absolutely hilarious. If you haven't seen this movie and you're wondering whether it's worth going to see or not: it definitely is. Some people think it's anti-Christian but I'm a Christian and it's not. It's about tolerance.

Mandy has some of the best lines in this movie. I think this is the movie that's going to help her career out a lot. There are some people who thought she was just another pop princess trying to act but it really shows that she can. I've read a bunch of articles about people being unsure about Mandy being in this movie but their minds were changed after seeing it.

Now I definitely can't be the only one who loves this movie, so post.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Mandy herself seemed very proud of this role and wants more people to be able to see it according to her official site.

I'd love to see it but it's not showing anywhere around here. The previews crack me up when she tosses the Bible at that girl.

Nikki
Old 06-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

I cant wait to go and see this movie too bad its just still in limited wide release maybe that movie will be opening soon in my part of the wood. Mandy looks great in that one..
Old 06-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Passionate Fan

I read somewhere that the actors weren't paid for doing this movie. I think it was at the IMDB message board and somebody was able to ask Brian Dannelly, the director, a question during the Q&A segment.

The "exorcism" scene is one of my favorites. I also like the ending with them at the prom, but I don't want to give too much away. Definitely my favorite Mandy movie. I hope you guys get a chance to see it. I saw it twice.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Mandy said it's getting a wide release soon so hopefully it will be avaliable for more people.

Nikki
Old 06-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen it yet, and I'm going batty over that fact.

I can't wait to see her in this role. Hopefully I'll get over to the theaters sometime within the next week.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 06-14-2004, 06:33 PM
New Fan

Anyone know where I can find some avi's from this movie?
Old 06-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think the movie is out around here yet, but when it is, I'll definitely go see it!
Old 06-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

According to my local paper it's set to be released in a theater around here on Friday. I'm very excited!

Nikki
Old 06-15-2004, 02:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

I work in a movie theater, and am so mad that we haven't gotten this movie. It's so crazy; I'm planning on driving fifteen miles away with a friend to go see it at another theather just to spite my managers. Grr.
And let's get messed up and listen to possibly
The best mixtape I have

- butch walker, "mixtape"
Old 06-15-2004, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

Where I live I still haven't gotten to see How to Deal or Chasing Liberty, and it took me two years to see A walk To Remember, but I have the feeling that Saved! will be different.

I've seen the trailer about 100 of times, I can't wait to see it, I laugh with the trailer so I'm sure i'll laugh a lot. Mandy looks really funny, and I've read some reviews (at mandymoore.com) and almost all of them say Mandy was really great!
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 06-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah she's gotten a ton of good reviews.

Nikki
Old 06-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - cris -

I've seen the trailer about 100 of times, I can't wait to see it, I laugh with the trailer so I'm sure i'll laugh a lot.
Same here; like I said, I work in a movie theater, and we play it like two times an hour. All my friends and I who work there really want to see it; it really does look hilarious.
And let's get messed up and listen to possibly
The best mixtape I have

- butch walker, "mixtape"
Old 06-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

I'm going to see it Friday!

Nikki
Old 06-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Passionate Fan

I'll have to wait for the DVD. But I'm looking forward to this movie so much. I think it'll probably be my favorite Mandy role.