Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

But see to me Lucas asking her to stop was selfish. He didn't want Nathan anywhere around Haley in hopes of losing her...which he did eventually....and some people may disagree but Lucas did lose Haley and won't get her back until things back fire with Nate. Haley is a tutor...she can't just stop tutoring someone who is having such an amazing progress just because Lucas doesn't want her to do it. Haley is a loyal person and yes she was pretty shady in hiding it from Lucas at first that she was tutoring him but again, loyalty, she started doing it for Lucas. Then Lucas asking her to stop Nate was still riding Luke so Haley still somewhat felt obliged as a tutor and as a best friend to keep tutoring in hopes Nathan would leave Lucas alone.

Did that make any sense?
Old 08-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Im only talking after Lucas found out and asked her to stop, should she have stopped then? If she was my best friend, i would have been hurt if she carried on tutoring Nathan even tho i asked her not to. Its not really an unreasonable request.

But see the character of Haley is portrayed to be a kind and compassionate person and she wouldn’t just abandon someone that needs her help.

ETA: ITA, Ciera!

Last edited by SweetSymphony; 08-15-2004 at 07:32 PM
SweetSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

I don't know Ciera, i dont think it was selfish for Luke to ask her to stop. She is his best friend, and i dont think its such an unreasonable request. But maybe thats just me.

And i know Haley is suppossed to be kind and feel guilty if she would abandon Nathan, but she didn't seem to feel bad about abandoning Luke.

I know i keep disagreeing with you all, but mostly im doing it to keep discussion going because it's fun. I do understand most of your points and they're all very valid too.
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel that Haley was right in tutoring Nathan even after Lucas asked her not to becuz she was doing it for him. She was tryin' to help him not herself even though in the end she ended up falling for Nathan. She had the right intentions going into this and was doing it for the right reasons .

Nathan&Haley,Lucas&Brooke,Liz&Jason,Jackie&Hyde,Dillon&Georgie,Madison&Ephram, Jake&Peyton*Pacey&Joey!
icon by Livin4foxy
Starrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~
And i know Haley is suppossed to be kind and feel guilty if she would abandon Nathan, but she didn't seem to feel bad about abandoning Luke.
How did she abandon Luke? She was still his best friend and she was still there for him....I think it was rather childish of him to get mad at Haley because she was tutoring Nathan. Now don't get me wrong...I don't ship NH but plain and simple...Luke was acting like a baby...all because, again he didn't want to lose Haley. But him acting the way he was was pushing her away more than anything else.

It's cool that you want to defend Luke in this but you don't see a smidgen of possibility that he was being selfish and childish in all of this? If it was the other way around I think Luke would have done the same thing. ::
Old 08-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PuReDrEaMeR05
Now don't get me wrong...I don't ship NH but plain and simple...Luke was acting like a baby...all because, again he didn't want to lose Haley. But him acting the way he was was pushing her away more than anything else.

ITA and when Lucas started dating Brooke he didn't care that Haley was with Nathan. he really didn't even spend as mush time with her as he did when he was alone. So i think it was just because he was alone that he wanted her to be alone with him....

My Videos
~Naleylove22~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Im not really trying to defend Luke, well i guess i am, but i guess im the only one. hehe. im just putting myself in his shoes i guess. I don't think he was being very childish. Infact he pretty much got over it very quickly. He was only mad at her for like part of an episode (from when he asked her to stop, until they made up on the roof) and i think he had the right to be.

I didn't really mean she was abandoning him as such as...well i dont know how to describe it. but i just feel she was slightly disloyal. I know she was still there for him and still his best friend, but after all the trouble Lucas had been having with Nathan, Haley just went and started hanging with him and that has got to hurt. I know she did it to help him, but after he found out and told her to stop, it stopped being for him.

Ofcourse i do still love Haley and the Lucas/Haley friendship but if i was in Luke's place i think i would have reacted the same, if thats childish, then i guess i probably am a little.

I dont think the whole tutoring thing was anything to do with Lucas just wanting Haley for himself. He never got angry at her spending time with any of her other "students" and even when she started dating Nathan he was pretty understanding about it. I think its more to do with the history he and Nathan have.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:41 AM
Jay
Master Fan

damn right

tutoring him brought the soft side of Nate and of course...falling in love with eachother.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it was a good idea.
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 05:04 AM
Addicted Fan

I might sound repetitive considering I already agree with many of the people here .. ok, so other than that I'm pro-NH .. let's see.. Haley tutored Nathan with all-good intentions. She did it for Lucas ... And no, I don't think it was wrong for her to continue tutoring Nathan when Lucas told her to stop. Because hey, she's all for helping others and she's not gonna stop helping the person if her best friend happens to dislike the aforementioned guy with a passion. So yes, it was right for Her to tutor Nathan. Plus, she did change him for the better.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think that it was completley loyal of Haley to start tutoring Nathan in the first place, but she did refuse at first. But then with his constant pestering, "F is for Fine right?" and then Karen urging her to tutor him as well. She felt guilty for not helping a guy strictly because of what he had done not because of who he was. Like she said she knew of him, but didn't know him. Sorry, I'm not defending NH right now, but anyways. And I also understand why Haley didn't stop tutoring Nathan when Lucas asked her to because she can't just all of sudden stop when progress is being developed, like Ciera said. I mean, what would she say, "Sorry, Nathan, I can't tutor you anymore because now Lucas knows." I really liked the Lucas/Haley conversation in his room in LIAGH, I thought it was really sweet, and also loyal of her to tell him beforehand. Plus, once Lucas started dating Brooke, he didn't spend that much time with her either, they both had other relationships going.
"Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same." ~ Flavia

N. + H.
~Audrey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lucas did a lot of things that Haley didn't like, like with the Peyton/Brooke drama but just because Haley told him to, he didn't exactly back off. Haley told Lucas she had feelings for Nathan before they developed further so he knew what was going on. Besides, Luke really started liking Nathan in the end and they could have a conversation without killing each other. I don't see anything wrong in the tutoring thing, it brought them all closer.

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Yeah in the end it did work out for the best since Lucas and Nathan started to get along towards the end.

But i dont think Haley asking Lucas not to date Peyton or Brooke (not that she ever asked him) would really be the same thing because she doesn't have any sort of history with either of the girls. They are just random people to her. Whereas Nathan wasn't a random at all.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a point but I still don't see how Haley betrayed Lucas? He knew she was going to tutor him and he also knew she had feelings for him. But that was what the show was really about in the beginning, the rivalry between the Scott brothers and I thougth it was really intresting to follow it and see it develope. I hated how Nathan was in the beginning but realized soon that he wasn't all that bad, and Lucas did too.

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

yeah i know, its wasn't like a completely unthinkably horrible betrayal or anything. I dont think Haley did this massively terrible thing or anything. I just think Lucas had a right to be a little hurt (and then get over it, like he did) about it.
Reply   Post New Thread