Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollies (View Post)
I'm doing pretty well. The movie has sort of reignited my passion so I thought I would pop back in and check out the board. I'm going to try and visit a bit more from time to time.
That sounds great. I think it has reignited the passion of a lot of people. Hopefully we have some threads to keep you interested. As well as the new classics we have quite a lot of new ones and myself and Neel have ideas for a lot more

If I remember correctly you were pretty handy when it came to making avis. Any chance of you checking out the icon challenge sometime?

Quote:
I kind of wish I hadn't of bought it on impulse because if I had thought about it I would have got something other than my name engraved. I know a few other people got "Don't give up" on theirs.
By getting your name engraved you can't even sell it on ebay really if you regret it. Not at least someone named Dani spots it! "Don't give up" is pretty good. Or you could have "Find the Truth" or "Scratchy Beard"

Quote:
I think I'm going to keep them packaged. Though I'm tempted to open the keyring. I might have to get a second one lol
I've been thinking the same thing. Double up on the items so I can play with one of them!

Yesterday was a great day X-Files memorabilia wise. In the moring post I received my X-Files keyring and my X-Files card set along with the display box. Looks very nice

After that I then had my Memorabilia fair where I bought a few more items. A bunch of photos (large and small) including one that will drive the shippers crazy! Also got a few cell plaques and a display print mixing photos from the movie and cells.

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac (View Post)

If I remember correctly you were pretty handy when it came to making avis. Any chance of you checking out the icon challenge sometime?
Unfortunately that wasn't me. I'm totally technologically challenged. But I've been thinking about buying some programs for my new computer, so I might have to give it a try in the not too distant future.

Quote:
By getting your name engraved you can't even sell it on ebay really if you regret it. Not at least someone named Dani spots it! "Don't give up" is pretty good. Or you could have "Find the Truth" or "Scratchy Beard"
"Scratchy Beard"! Damn it, that's fantastic! Why, why didn't I think of that. Argh!!

Quote:
After that I then had my Memorabilia fair where I bought a few more items. A bunch of photos (large and small) including one that will drive the shippers crazy!
OK I'm intrigued. Please share with the rest of the class

Sounds like a wonderful X-files memoribillia day and that you have got your hands on some really cool items. I can't wait to see pics!

Ebay is way too addictive atm. I totally just splurged more money last night on the FTF action figures which I have always wanted. Some are still in their boxes but I also bought some not packaged soley so I can play with them like a big kid
Old 08-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac (View Post)
So Michelle do you know if you'll be going to the memorabilia fair this weekend or not? If you can't make it there's another in December on the 4th, 5th and 6th
I was working this weekend so never got to go Our general manager is on holiday so I couldn't get to change my days. But I'm glad to hear there is another! Means I can request days off in plenty time.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Michelle - That's a shame you never made it. Next time maybe.

If you were going purely for X-Files stuff it wouldn't be worth it but if you would just like to see all the stuff available and buy bits and pieces from other shows and films it's worth it. And obviously if there are celebs there you like it's a bonus

If you look at the start of this video you can get an idea of the size of it

YouTube - Collectormania Glasgow August 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollies (View Post)
Unfortunately that wasn't me. I'm totally technologically challenged. But I've been thinking about buying some programs for my new computer, so I might have to give it a try in the not too distant future.
Huh I was sure you use to make icons. You should definitely give it a shot. A lot of the people who take part in the challenges (myself, Neel, Kia etc) had never really done much before trying X-Files avis.

Quote:
"Scratchy Beard"! Damn it, that's fantastic! Why, why didn't I think of that. Argh!!
You see if only you had returned sooner I could have advised you.

Quote:
OK I'm intrigued. Please share with the rest of the class
I'll try and take some pictures soon and you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Sounds like a wonderful X-files memoribillia day and that you have got your hands on some really cool items. I can't wait to see pics!
Got another X-Files item yesterday. A set of German lobby cards from the new film, very nice items. It gives me such a little buzz in the morning when I wake up and find parcels waiting at the door for me and I know it's going to be X-Files stuff.

I had gotten completely out of the habit of buying stuff on ebay and it's great to be back. Even if my bank balance doesn't agree!

Fingers crossed I get some more X-Files stuff tomorrow

Quote:
Ebay is way too addictive atm. I totally just splurged more money last night on the FTF action figures which I have always wanted. Some are still in their boxes but I also bought some not packaged soley so I can play with them like a big kid
Tell me about it. eBay is a great thing, but also a very dangerous thing! I never got round to getting the action figures, although with an auction I won a few days ago the seller is throwing in a couple of figures. And good for you, embracing your inner kid!

By the way Dani do you know about this book that is coming out - The Complete X-Files? I can't wait for it, it sounds great

Complete X-Files : Behind the Scenes, the Myths & the Movies HC [B1686] - ?18.75 : Forbidden Planet International , Your Online Entertainment Superstore!

Last edited by JayDeeMac; 08-26-2008 at 04:28 PM
Old 08-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

The memorabilia day looks like fun! I'm so buying that book, even though I shouldn't. But I have no will power when it comes to not buying stuff. I even had to remove all my bank details from click and buy and amazon (and play, and HMV, and eBay...)

Old 08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

They certainly are fun. One bit of advice though - don't go at 11 o'clock.

From 9-11 it is an early bird tickets at £10. From 11 on it goes down to £5, so that's what I was aiming for. I went just a few minutes after 11 and the queue went for miles! Clearly everyone was just waiting for 11 o'clock.

I just went and got a drink in the cafe in Sainsburys and waited just over half an hour and when I went back it had completely cleared

And I think that shows great restraint removing your details from all those sites. I certainly couldn't do it, especially from eBay...my precious! (Sorry I sometimes go a bit Gollum when it comes to eBay! I love it so much!)

Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
New Fan

oye i've been collecting like crazy this past month on various xf stuff and now it's time to try and get rid of the extras,lmao. If anyone is interested in GA photo autos, magazines, trading cards,etc--pm me please!

I also have a quick question--I finally got my hands on the XF-P promo card for the IWTB set and this is a rare card from the prices it's going for (though if you really search ebay sell you can find it much cheaper) but my question is does anyone know about this card's distrubution? I've heard talks about it being given out at events (and even a few slipped @ SDCC)...if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated I'm very curious about it.

EDIT: I found out it was or will be given out @ Chicagoland Expo show along with other show events these past few weeks/upcoming weeks.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

^ I think a few months ago Inkworks was giving the cards away for free as a promotion for the release of the IWTB set.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Passionate Fan

I need a good website for x-files t-shirts

I had a x-files hat signed by chris carter...and a x-files mug signed by tooms..but they were destroyed in the floods
Old 09-19-2008, 08:02 PM
New Fan

Yeah Cindy they did have a free online promo cards that were p-i.

Oh man that really sucks SuperDeluxe, I'm sorry for your loss. I wish I knew a good site for t-shirts the only sites I find t-shirts are not very impressive ...or i'm just not a fan of them,lol. Like ebay or xfilesfanclub
Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 PM
New Fan

I put up a page for items I'm selling which has additional info & pics--
For Sale Items
Old 10-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Unfortunately it seems like the release of the Ultimate X-Files book in the UK has been pushed back until the 11th of November

Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ Really? I couldn't see the date on Forbidden Planets site but dare say will be in town some point to have a look in it.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Seems like it. A lot of sites now have the date as November 11th and even the ones that have the original date are saying they are awaiting stock.

I was actually in town a couple of days ago but didn't think to check

Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

Has anyone gotten the new X-Files book? I just ordered mine today (Amazon finally has it in stock).