Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2005, 01:20 PM
Supreme Fan

I am very glad to hear this. It always helps when the president of the network likes a show. Plus it is very relevent in today's world as well. Not to mention it is one of the only real family oriented shows out there.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

I still feel like this season is going too quickly though, you know? I know there's not a lot of eps to air, but still. The time zone for the last episode was June, I beleive, and I almost couldn't beleive it. And now we won't get a new episode until March? I'm afraid fans in the meantime will find something else to watch and just stick with that in replace of AD.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 01-31-2005, 01:44 PM
New Fan

does anyone want to start a petition with me? either to save the show or for smeg or both?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

EVERY AD FAN NEEDED!!--American Dreams News!!

Hey everyone i have some really bad news!!! American Dreams needs
EVERY fans help!!!! American Dreams has been pulled for the last 2
episodes of the season. Which means AD will only be going to episode
17 which is only 4 more!!! The chances of season 4 right now are very
slim right now so we need ALL of the fans to send postcards to NBC
emails wont help only POSTCARDS saying you want American Dreams to
stay!! As of right now if everyone doesnt go out and send postcards
AD is going to be done!! So come on everyone we need your help to
save American Dreams!!! Please put this around and tell your friends
to send postcards too. The address to send to is:

Jeff Zucker
President, NBC Universal Television
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY

Kevin Reilly
President, NBC Entertainment
3000 West Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA

Kindra
webmaster of Arlen's Official Web Site
www.ArlenEscarpeta.com
Old 01-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh this really makes me angry! They can't even keep it for two moire episodes to give it a proper ending??? What a bunch of jerks.

Don't worry I will be writing.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Extreme Fan

I will definently be writing to Jeff he always cancells show before there time it makes me mad. I am still ticked that he cancelled providence to he will be hearing from me.
Melina Kanakaredes
Old 01-31-2005, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

OUR NEW SLOGAN: "KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE."

Hi everyone,

I just got back from Los Angeles and talking to Jonathan Prince about the fate of American Dreams. It is true, the season has been cut back from 19 episodes to 17. They thought this might happen, so they deliberately made episode 17 as if it could be the season finale.

This isn't good news... however, IT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS CANCELED... YET. NBC has still not decided whether or not they will have a 4th season. Everyone at AD is still fighting for it, and they are all optimistic. The writers are still writing plotlines for next season. The sets are not going to be taken down. So the door is still wide open regarding the fate of the show.

How you can help ASAP:

Yes, writing the presidents of NBC is definitely an impotant way to go. Have everyone you know write them. PLEASE remember that you need to send postcards, all mail in envelopes may still be discarded.

Tell them why you love the show- why it is important to your life. Who do you watch it with? What discussions arise from the show? Do you own the soundtrack and DVD sets? If so, mention it! Make it heartfelt and personal. Tell them how you are also supporting the advertisers on the show, (i.e. Campbell's, Ford, etc...)

This is the time to go into action- having a campaign for a show AFTER it has been canceled almost never works... the time is NOW.

I will have more updates on a hundred other ways to help the show later this evening or tomorrow morning. We've been brainstorming all day.

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!

Leigh
The Official American Dreams Fan Club
Old 01-31-2005, 09:00 PM
New Fan

that is sooo annoying. i will definitely write. AD fanclub, if they do(cross my fingers not) end up getting word that this is both the season and series finale, will they change the storylines accordingly? b/c it seems like they would have to change the smeg and chris storyline-i guess i just can't picture it all ending with meg pining after or with chirs.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:11 PM
New Fan

petition

Please go and sign the petition in the AD spilers section. It would mean a lot and woudl only take a few minutes. even if you are not a big fan it is really important.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

As you can see, I've merged both of these threads together since they're both related.

I, of course, am really upset about the whole thing as well. What originally is supposed to be the number of episodes in a season, like twenty-something? And we go from 19, to 17. I'm sorry, that's crap.

I have a question though...can you e-mail, or are only postcards effective?

Old 02-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

they said postcards!!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl**
I have a question though...can you e-mail, or are only postcards effective?
Yea, I think they prefer e-mails.

and I linked this page in my sig
Old 02-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Great, because that for me is easier, and quicker.

And thank you so much for all of your support.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:20 PM
New Fan

Its only postcards, they are yhe only things that work
Old 02-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I think it is entirely NBC's own fault that American Dreams has such poor ratings. First of all, I didn't even know this show was on until Milo joined the cast. I remember hearing about it when it first went on the air, but figured it had been cancelled. NBC spent way too much time promoting the musical guest stars (and even then it wasn't that much press) instead of focusing on the story of the Pryors which is what keeps people returning to their television sets to commit to the series.

In the current state our country is in, if they got creative and aired some promos (especially incorporating how JJ was off at war and the family and the country were torn over it), I think it would have intrigued many people. Not to mention, since the Golden Globes aired on NBC, they could have aired a promo during commercials for the upcoming episode, but I don't remember seeing any. I could list tons of ideas that the network could have gotten buzz and press on this show to get the word out and they did not really attempt to do anything. The musical guests are interesting, but IMO are not the foundation of the wonderful writing of this show (that sadly I only was introduced to this season).

I, of course, do not plan to write them any of this as I don't think it would do the campaign any good. However, I do think for a show like American Dreams to survive, NBC has to get its promotion department's act together to not just promote hit shows like Friends, Will and Grace, or their spinoffs like Joey.