Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Loyal Fan

From TV Tome:

Quote:
OK everyone- now is the time where we really need to band together!!! I received an email from Jonathan Prince and he told me there is still GREAT HOPE for American Dreams. All of our postcards have been received by NBC and by the advertisers. BUT- the decision to renew still has not been made... so here's what we need to do:

After the season finale airs this Wednesday night, we need to BOMBARD NBC with positive and pleading emails. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL BEFORE THE END OF THE SHOW ON WEDNESDAY. What we want to accomplish is an obvious and cohesive show of support. Between Wednesday night March 30th at 9 pm, and Thursday March 31st at 5 pm, write to:

AmericanDreams@nbcuni.com In the Subject Line, you MUST write: "SAVE OUR SHOW."

Remember, do not email this address before the show airs on Wednesday.

I have not always been supportive of writing emails to this address in the past, because I did not know if it was being closely monitored. But I have definite confirmation that NBC will be watching this Wednesday and Thursday. Write to this email address only!

Everyone's subject line should be the same, but in the body of your email, say whatever you would like NBC to know. BE PASSIONATE. Tell them why the world needs American Dreams.

Also, pass this on to anyone and everyone. Mr. Prince is hoping for hundreds and hundreds of emails, but I know you guys... we can get THOUSANDS. We can do this! KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 06:24 PM
New Fan

I have been in touch with Neil Goldstein, VP of NBC affiliate WDIV-TV Detroit, who is also a friend-of-a-friend. He is aware of our situation with AD, and has promised to pass along our concerns to his network contacts. Turns out many of his employees at Local 4 are also fans of the show and have expressed similar concerns.

I have also been opening up my Saturday all-request show with Emerson Hart's "Generations" as a show of support. I've been pleasantly surprised with how many people know that song and say "I love that show!". I never cease to send them to the websites to SAVE OUR SHOW!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Good work everyone
Old 04-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonieforever
Good work everyone
I'm sorry, I'm sure this is redundant, but has there been any word from the network either way yet? I love the show, but I really hated to move to Wednesday night.

~*~*~*~*~*~
Dirty JJ Club - Member # 21
Old 04-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Loyal Fan

This is a good quality family show, which needs to be around for a few more years. If NBC could find a better timeslot, American Dreams would have a better chance in the ratings. Now that both Third Watch and Medical Investigation have been cancelled why not put American Dreams on Fridays @ 9:00 pm? This is supposed to be a family show and the suggested timeslot might help out - less competetion from another family type show. Also it would be a lead in for Law & Order; Trial by Jury which is pretty popular.

Fridays @ 9:00 American Dreams' so called "competetion" would be ABC's Hope & Faith followed by a new show or vice versa. CBS & FOX will also have new shows in the 9:00 - 10:00 timeslot. Since American Dreams would be coming back for a fourth season it would stand a better chance against new shows from other networks.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's something else to help out (maybe). USA Today has a list of shows you can: "keep, drop or don't care" and an e-mail address to tell them, "What's the one show you couldn't live without". Here's the link:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televi...e-our-shows.htm
Old 04-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Has anyone heard for sure if the show is still on or not?? I really hope it's to stay on!
Old 04-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn_19032002
Has anyone heard for sure if the show is still on or not?? I really hope it's to stay on!
NBC makes their final decision on May 16th for all their shows. I hope this helps?

Also ADFanClub has been giving us suggestions on how to help renew the show, with e-mails and postcards and I've listed, at fanforum, the addresses for two NBC stations and their sponsers.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Banned

i hope all the stuff we have done has helped
Old 04-29-2005, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

'Jim,' 'Videos' in at ABC; NBC Drops 'Dreams'
By Nellie Andreeva
Fri Apr 29, 2:20 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - ABC has extended its string of early pickups with next-season orders for the James Belushi-starring sitcom "According to Jim" and "America's Funniest Home Videos."

ADVERTISEMENT

The two join previously picked up "Alias," "Boston Legal," "Desperate Housewives," "Lost" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," with a nod to hot midseason entry "Grey's Anatomy" considered imminent.

Meanwhile, word is that the fate of NBC's "American Dreams" has now been sealed, and the period drama, long considered a long shot for renewal, will not return next season. NBC declined comment Thursday.

At Fox, the network is benching midseason comedy "Life on a Stick" for at least the first two weeks of the May sweep. The move follows a strong showing for "Stacked" in the plum post-"American Idol" Wednesday 9:30 p.m. slot this week. The Pamela Anderson starrer significantly outperformed "Life on a Stick," the time period's regular occupant. For the next two weeks, Fox will air "That '70s Show" repeats in the previous Wednesday 8:30 p.m. berth previously occupied by "Stacked."

"According to Jim," in its fourth season, has had an uphill battle on Tuesday this year against Fox's breakout hit "House" and CBS' resurgent "The Amazing Race" but still ranks as ABC's top comedy.

The pickup for "America's Funniest Home Videos" comes on the heels of a hot string for the 15-year-old series, which won its Sunday 7 p.m. slot among adults 18-49 on three of its past four telecasts.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Old 04-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Banned

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo
Old 04-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Banned

not cool i wont belive it till nbc says it
Old 04-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

I have only one thing to say: